The Truth [Part 2]

Antidote
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The room shook violently, sending Baekhyun crashing down to the marble floor. He tried to get onto his feet, but the ground shook more than twice, making the furniture in the room topple and break.

 

“What was that…” he mumbled to himself.

 

When he was sure the shaking has stopped, he stood on both his feet before making way for the door. He was about to open the door to leave when the woman he didn’t realise was keeping watch, only gave him an assuring smile. “Please do not worry, this happens quite often on Zenn. It really is nothing.” His eyes narrowed sceptically, he wasn’t dumb enough to believe that it does, especially when there were men running out, armed. “Please stay inside, Mr Byun.”

 

When Baekhyun didn’t comply instantly, he noticed her tight gulp and wavering pupils, as if she was holding herself back from hurting him. This time, the whole place shook once more, making Baekhyun fully doubt that it often happens now that the lady before him has lost her composure as she looked at the running men in worry.

 

“Mr Byun, please don’t make me repeat myself!”

 

Baekhyun was harshly pushed into the room as the woman slammed the door shut on his face. He heard the clinking of keys and a turned lock before the sound of fading footsteps came. A harsh frown drew across his forehead as he tried to twist the knob open. Something about the explosion didn’t seem quite right, and the first thing that came across his mind was Boa. Was his mother going to be safe? And what about Shixun?

 

And if the people here were working with his mother, why would the woman decide to lock and confine him in this room?

 

He looked around the place and tried to find anything strong enough to break the knob completely. Of course, he wouldn’t think that it would be so much as a chore for him since being part of the Resistance helped. Breaking locks was an easy practice. He rummaged through the drawers, shelves and even beneath the bed to check for any item that would assist in his escape.

 

As he was looking through the drawers under the dressing table, his eyes caught onto something that he thought he had in possession. Baekhyun’s eyes sparkled when he came across—

 

“Kris’ journal…”

 

He pulled up a fallen chair and momentarily took a look at the cover. It was still, unflawed. Unlike his mother’s, Kris’ journal seemed to have not gone through the explosion. He breathed out shakily as he untied the leather-bound book. His fingers slowly went by page by page, it was somewhat like Boa’s journal—entries and updates written in a strict timeline regarding their experiments and hiccups along the way. The difference between the two books was that Kris seemed to have written in a more detailed manner as compared to Boa.

 

His eyes lit up when he finally came to the antidote section, a huge smile came across his face when he finally saw the fifth ingredient. But his happiness was short-lived when he also realised that, the first half of fifth ingredient was torn.

 

“Blossom… What’s supposed to blossom?”

 

A frustrated groan left his lips when again, he’s met with a dead end. Harshly rubbing the back of his hair, Baekhyun tucked the book away into the pocket of his jacket and returned to look for at least a metal or wooden stick. He hurriedly stood up and was about to move towards the other end of the room when his eyes fell onto the chair. Though he was hesitant, Baekhyun had other things to worry about apart from his mother’s displeasure when she finds out her chair has been broken.

 

Cracking his knuckles, Baekhyun dragged the chair across the floor before swinging it up and slamming it onto the wooden bed. The chair flew freely into pieces in an instant, making the proud man grin in triumph shortly. Bending down, he picked up a jagged piece of the chair’s leg and heaved a breath as he advanced towards the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter