Chapter 7 - We Can Try

Were We Meant To Be Together?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol got an early call from his father. It was quite unusual for the old man to look for him this early, therefore Chanyeol rushed as soon as he heard the news.

He walked to the study room and knocked twice before entering it. His father and mother both were engrossed in a deep conversion. There were several papers scattered here and there but one of the paper amongst them caught his eye. It was Kyungsoo’s survey paper. It was that piece of fate which bought them together.

Before he could take a look at it, his father noticed his presence and looked at him with a soft smile. “You’re here Chanyeol” his father said. “Take a sit son” his mother spoke softly and Chanyeol sat down on the big black chair. “We have decided to set the wedding for this weekend.” His father said amusedly. “We talked to the Priest too and he said it will be lucky day. We have prepared for your coronation too.” His mother said happily.

Wait...What? “What?” Chanyeol asked, perplexed. “We said you’re getting married on this weekend. We have already made the announcement to the media. We are going to make the formal proposal to Kyungsoo’s family today. Don’t worry you won’t have to come for Eui Hon and Napchae” his father said. okay…Lets take a deep breath and think this through. Chanyeol is getting married this weekend which means he’s got only 5 days left??!!

He stared at his father with a shocked expression. “Father…” he started “For how long have you been planning this?” he asked. His father looked at him before sighing and said “Since we chose Kyungsoo to be your husband.”

“Why do you guys never ask for my opinion?” Chanyeol whispered. All of a sudden he felt anger surging through him. He felt choked, as if someone was strangling him. “What?” his father looked at him, startled. “I don’t want to get married..” he said and when his father looked at him with surprise, he continued “I don’t want to get married to Kyungsoo! I don’t even know the guy!” he said seething with frustration. “What do you mean?” his mother asked sternly. “I don’t like him mother! I can never like that guy! I love someone else! ” He yelled. “Who is that?” his father demanded, voice threateningly low. “I love Baekhyun. If I’m getting married to anyone then it has to be him. I don’t want to…” before he could finish his sentence, his father landed a hard slam on the table and yelled “ENOUGH!”

He looked at his father and shiver ran down his spine. His father looked raged. “Enough! You are getting married to Kyungsoo and that is Final. No more words shall be heard from you. Now leave!” his father growled. Chanyeol looked at his mother for support but she also held the same raged expression as his father. He apologized meekly before leaving the room.

Just why in the world does his father want him to get married to this guy?

It was almost around midnight when Chanyeol reached his room. he was exhausted mentally and physical

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter