Chapter 31 - Surprise

Were We Meant To Be Together?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Chanyeol get up. We need to hurry up to reach the class on time..” Kyungsoo shouted as he shook the slumbering taller man with all his might. The sleeping giant didn't move an inch though he cracked his eyes open and stared at him confused.

“It’s only 6..let me sleep for another half an hour please..” Chanyeol rasped, still groggy from sleep.

“It won't do Yeol! We have classes from 7 so you better get up now!” the smaller man chided as he padded his way through the small dorm and entered the kitchen to prepare for a small breakfast.

It’s been more than 2 months since they left the palace and started to reside in Kyungsoo’s small dorm room.

It wasn’t easy at first, to be honest. They had to go through a lot together. Everywhere they went, they were chased by the media and paparazzi who just wanted to hear gossip so they can write it up and boost their publicity. And if by any chance there weren’t any following them, then the stares and whispers were enough to fill up their place.

After a week when the news broke out, Kyungsoo finally understood the pressure of being Chanyeol’s other half. As they were struggling against the media and trying their best to stay elusive of them, the smaller man realized how hard Chanyeol took the hit. He noticed how the taller man became quieter by the day and how little he ate or did anything in particular.

It would be a lie if Kyungsoo said that he didn’t see him crying in the bathroom or staying awake at ungodly hours in the night, just staring out of the window with an unfocused gaze. It hurt him to see Chanyeol like this. It ached his insides to see how everything was silently killing the confident and cheery nature of his husband.

He tried his best to help Chanyeol. He did everything he could for him but no matter what, it was never enough. It couldn’t match up to the pain the taller man was suffering from. And that’s why Kyungsoo decided to give him his required space. Because as much as he wanted to help him, some fights were better fought alone.

And this was Chanyeol’s against his mind.

Kyungsoo awoke from his daze and turned around to see that Chanyeol was still sitting on his bed and staring at nothing. Letting out a soft sigh, he walked up to him and wrapped his arms around his shoulder as he propped himself on his knees on the bed.

He pecked him on the cheek and then asked: “When does your shift start today?”

He could feel the latter stiffening in his hold and before Kyungsoo could prod more, Chanyeol mumbled softly.

“I left my job Soo...”

Kyungsoo let out a sigh as Chanyeol removed his arms from him and turned to face him with a dejected look on his face. He didn’t want to scold or insult Chanyeol but the expenses of two grown men in Seoul was already hard. And with Chanyeol’s job gone now, it was harder than ever for Kyungsoo’s measly income to survive both of them.

“It’s the third time this month Yeol. I understand it’s hard for you but we need the money...” Kyungsoo reason, hoping that the other man would understand.

“I...I’m sorry Kyungsoo..” Chanyeol apologized, his eyes already shining with unshed tears. “But...It’s so hard...It’s so hard to hear them whisper about me Soo...It’s so hard to hear them say how unfortunate I am..”

“Chanyeol...”

“It ing hurts Soo,” Chanyeol said as tears fell from his eyes. “It kills me to know that they took away something so precious from me before I even knew them.”

“It kills me Soo!” Chanyeol shouted, hitting his chest repeatedly. “It kills me!”

“They took them away from me even before I knew them, even before I could realize their love for me.” Chanyeol went on as the tears kept on escaping from his eyes. “I don’t even remember their faces...Heck, I don’t even know their names!!”

“And I seriously don’t need to be reminded of it every ing second Soo...” the taller man stressed, breathing hard.

“I’m already miserable as it is..” Chanyeol whispered, a sad smile playing on his lips.

Kyungsoo didn’t when he also had started to tear up but when he felt the similar salty taste on his lips, he realized that he was crying too. He didn’t say any words as he pulled the taller man into a tight embrace and let the other weep on his shoulder. He may not be able to help him, but he’s going to be here for him, no matter what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter