Chapter 4 - The Royal Engagement

Were We Meant To Be Together?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo feels like killing everyone with a nuclear bomb. He doesn’t understand why he has to sit through 3 hours of makeup (he is a man for god sake!). “Stop fussing Do Dyo” Jongdae said as he eyed the raven haired boy carefully. “I’ll listen when you sit here for 3 hours and let strangers bother you with various powders and stuff” Kyungsoo grumbles angrily.

Currently he sitting the palace’s makeup room with different stylists hogging at his face. He was almost abducted from his home at an ungodly hour because the Queen wanted to see his cute to be son-in-law as soon as possible. He understands that the Queen adores him a little too much but what he doesn’t get is why they have put make on his face for ’s sake.

“It’s probably because they want you to look good and not scare the people who are coming for the ceremony…” Jongdae said flatly and skimmed through the fashion magazine. “It’s just an engagement Dae!” Kyungsoo whined but shut himself up when the head stylist shot him a look. He guesses that he has no way out of this and therefore decides to just sit there and wait patiently until everything is over.

He really wants to kill himself now. Just why in the world all the unfortunate things happen to him? He looked at Jongdae who was laughing his off and sighed in frustration. He doesn’t understand why the hell he has to wear a hanbok, and not to mention a women’s hanbok on top of that. “Stop laughing you arse!” Kyungsoo hissed but Jongdae just laughed harder. “You look cute Soo…” Jongdae said as he tried to collect himself. Kyungsoo looked at the mirror and eyed the hanbok carefully. The jeogori was deep red in color and the chima was cream colored. The dongjeon and otgoreum was also cream colored. There were patterns of rose stitched at the bottom and there was a small dragon embroidered on his back. All in all the hanbok looked beautiful and it showed of Kyungsoo’s features.

Kyungsoo was sitting in the room alone after his makeover was done. The stylists went back and his good-for-nothing cousin Jongdae disappeared to god knows where. He really regrets his decision about calling Jongdae for help when they brought him to the palace. He should have called Yixing instead but then the smaller man remembered that Yixing was still sick. He was wandering about things when he heard a loud thud coming from the end of the room. he turned around to look in the sound’s direction and felt fear crawling inside him. This is why he hates being alone. “Who’s there?” he yelled but no answers came. He grips the hanbok and starts walking in that direction.

He sees a bundle of black cloths and brown hair lying on the floor and when the said item starts to move Kyungsoo’s instincts work before he can register everything and he has caught the item in a headlock. The body starts thrashing around and Kyungsoo involuntarily tightens his grip. “Let Go! Let Go!” the man croaks out and Kyungsoo instantly realizes that its none other than Chanyeol. It’s none other than Prince Chanyeol, his to be husband. The said man scampers away from him and starts panting. Kyungsoo feels a little guilty and walks towards the Prince to sit beside him and rub his back soothingly.

“Oh My God!” Chanyeol panted. “I’m sorry… I was just scared…” Kyungsoo apologized sheepishly. Kyungsoo really wants to face palm himself. This is the first time he met Chanyeol personally and Kyungsoo has to go all ninja on him. “Were did you learn this kind of stuff really?!” Chanyeol asked as he collected himself. He can’t believe that the smaller man would be this powerful. ‘Looks can really be deceptive’ Chanyeol thought to himself. “I took taekwondo classes when I was a kid…” Kyungsoo said as he helped Chanyeol stand up. “But what were you doing on the ground?” Kyungsoo inquired. “I was sent here to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter