Chapter 30 - For Better Or For Worse

Were We Meant To Be Together?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After wandering the streets for more than 2 hours, both Chanyeol and Kyungsoo decided to take some rest. They walked to a nearby park and sat on a bench quietly, both lost in their own thoughts.

 

They barely had any money with them, so renting a hotel was out of the question. Moreover, staying in a hotel would direct more attention towards them and right now that wouldn't be the best for any of them. They needed a quiet place to stay. Especially Chanyeol who hasn't uttered a single word since they left the palace.

 

Letting out a sigh, Kyungsoo grabbed his phone and texted Yixing to ask that whether both he and Chanyeol can crash the dorm for a while. He hadn't communicated with his best friend for while so he was worried if Yixing would reply him or not. They weren't on their best terms after Yixing's confession. Still, Kyungsoo hoped that the older man wouldn't leave him alone in his time of need.

 

And indeed the older man didn't let him down. Yixing replied him with 10 minutes and informed that both him and Chanyeol can stay there as long as they deem necessary. He also asked that if Kyungsoo was alright and didn't forget to mention that he had missed him dearly. It made Kyungsoo smile before he texted the older man that he was alright and he has also missed him.

 

He then turned towards Chanyeol who was staring blankly at nothing. His face was expressionless but there were dried tracks of tears there. Kyungsoo’s heart clenched at the sight of his taller husband's devastated face. Just mere hours ago they were smiling and having the time of their life but look at them now.

 

With a dejected sigh, he shifted closer to the taller male and placed a hand on his shoulder. “What should we do now Chanyeol?” He asked looking at his husband.

 

Chanyeol didn't answer. He continued to gaze at nothing in particular and his face was as expressionless as it could be.

 

“Chanyeol..” Kyungsoo probed again to which Chanyeol answered his a loud exhale.

 

The taller man clutched his head with his hand and looked down. His eyes were starting to water again but he didn't want Kyungsoo to become aware of it.

 

“You should go back to the palace Soo.,” Chanyeol muttered looking down.

 

“And leave you here all alone?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter