Chapter 22 - Expectations

Were We Meant To Be Together?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It must be here somewhere..” Heechul muttered to himself as he searched through the rack. He’s pretty sure he saw it here last day. , he should have taken it out last night only. Why did he wait for today. Wrong move Heechul… definitely wrong move, his brain added.

Before he could check the other shelf, he heard a click and someone’s footsteps inside the study room. he was about to hide himself but stopped when he heard the footsteps stopping right behind him.

“What are you doing here hyung?”

Heechul turned around and saw Sehun’s stoic face. a shiver ran down his spine because this is the first time he has seen the younger male looking this ferocious and scary. He gulped a huge amount of saliva and tried to calm his beating heart. He mustn’t get caught.

“I was looking for a book Hun..” Heechul tried replying nonchalantly.

“The book section is over there…” Sehun pointed to the east and showed the bookshelves filled with various books. They were ranging from Shakespeare to English and Korean classics to coming of age stories.

“Ah…I’ll keep that in mind…” Heechul replied a little sheepishly and scrambled out of the study room. he has never felt this way but there was definitely something weird in the aura surrounding Sehun. He really has to be aware of the little prince.

Sehun saw the disappearing back of the older male and clenched his jaw in disapproval. He turned back to the opened rack and in a swift hit closed the door, resulting in a loud bang. He scoffed at the thought of Heechul and walked towards the big windows which had a clear view of the lake.

“I know what you’re trying to find hyung…But you’ll never be able to reveal our secret to the world. You won’t be able to do anything as long as Oh Sehun is here.” he muttered to himself as he gazed at the lake longingly.

^^^

It’s been 2 week since Chanyeol injury and the taller male was recovering pretty quickly thanks to Kyungsoo.

He’s been taking care of Chanyeol nonstop for the past 2 weeks and helping the giant to do his normal activities. The sprain on his right leg and left has been reduced visibly and Kyungsoo is quite relieved about it. He just hopes that Chanyeol will completely recover soon.

Kyungsoo opens his eyes and sees it’s already quarter past seven. He looks to his side and sees Chanyeol’s face half buried in his pillow with his arms loosely placed on his stomach. Chanyeol really has a weird habit of making him bolster.

He smiled at the sleeping figure and brushed a few strands of hair out of his face. Chanyeol leaned into the touch and mumbled something incoherent. He really, really loves him although he’s never been in love but when he’s with Chanyeol…there just something different about it. And if this different feeling can be labeled, then Kyungsoo is glad to label it as love.

Chanyeol shifted a little more and his face fell on Kyungsoo’s neck. A shiver ran down his spine when Chanyeol took a sniff and buried his head in the crook his shoulder. The grip on his waist tightened and before Kyungsoo could realize what was happening; he felt wet kisses being placed on his side of neck.

The ministrations stopped as soon as it started. Kyungsoo let out a soft sigh and looked at his husband’s sleeping face. This incident has been occurring a lot since their kiss that day. Chanyeol always does this during the morning. It’s not that Kyungsoo doesn’t like it or something but it just makes everything a little difficult.

Kyungsoo moved away from the slumbering man and got up from the bed. He stretched his body to remove the remnants of sleep and padded his way to the toilet to freshen up. He returned from his morning shower after 30 minutes and saw Chanyeol texting on his phone.

He walked to his cabinet and started taking out the clothes for today. The weather has turned relatively cold since it was the middle of November. Speaking of November, Kyungsoo remembered that Chanyeol’s birthday is coming next week. He heard his mother in law planning something for the older male but when he asked about it, she said it was a surprise.

“Hey Soo?” Chanyeol called him, breaking him from his trance.

“Hmm?”  Kyungsoo hummed in reply. He picked his usual black puffer jacket and paired it with his peach tee and black jeans.

“There’s this new café near the palace…I was thinking if we could go there and check it out…” Chanyeol asked a little bit hesitantly.

“But won’t it draw too much attention from the media if we suddenly visit it?” Kyungsoo turned around and faced Chanyeol.

“It will but…I was thinking…about..um..a date you know…” Chanyeol replied haltingly.

Kyungsoo stared at him with bewilderment. Did he hear it correctly? Is Chanyeol really asking him out for a date? After almost 7 and half month of marriage, Chanyeol is asking him for a date? A blush crept up his neck and he turned around to hide it.

“So?” Chanyeol asked again.

Kyungsoo’s face broke into a wide grin and he felt the warm tingling sensations spreading across his body in waves. “Sure…” Kyungsoo tried replying in a nonchalant manner although his heart was running hundred miles per hour.

“Really?” Chanyeol jumped up excitedly. “Then 7pm, Tressar’s Café.” Chayeol hoped up from his seat and went to the toilet quickly.

Kyungsoo did his little victory dance around the cabinet because it seemed like the Prince was finally letting him inside his heart.

He’s just so happy today.

^^^

Kyungsoo returned from the college around 4 pm. His class ended early today because his Professor suddenly had a bad case of diarrhea. he dropped his bag on his study table and went to the toilet to freshen up a little.

He came out after 30 minutes because suddenly he had a desire to take a hot bath. The weather outside was really cold today and he could already feel the approaching winter. It was already forty five past four and Kyungsoo decided that he should pick out clothes for the date. He’s was so excited about it throughout the day he almost missed half of lectures.

Another hour passed and Kyungsoo was still stuck with the same question. What should he wear? He wanted to look good for Chanyeol. He wanted to impress him with his style but no matter what he chose from his wardrobe, it didn’t seem to satisfy him.

He was in midst of Changing to his 20th outfit when Sehun barged inside his room. he was holding his phone close to his face and he had a thoughtful expression. “Hey Soo hyung do you know anyone named Lu…What are you doing?” Sehun asked with a shocked expression.

Kyungsoo turned around with his dress shirt hanging from his collar. His hair was a complete mess, with strands of hair pointing in different directions. Sehun looked at his little hyung with a perplexed expression and then glanced around the room which was messier than his Kyungsoo hyung’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter