Chapter 32 - Dreams And Reality

Were We Meant To Be Together?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you sure that you’ll be able to go home alone?” Jongdae asked for the umpteenth time as he followed Kyungsoo out of the hospital with a sniffling Luhan on toes.

“Yeah.” The smaller man answered without looking back. “It’s just a few blocks away Dae. I’m sure I’ll be fine.”

Jongdae let out a sigh as he heard the latter’s answer. He knew Kyungsoo would be alright but he just couldn’t stop worrying. He knows that maybe he’s thinking a little too much but given Kyungsoo’s current circumstances, he just couldn’t help but wonder how Chanyeol’s going to react to the news. Plus how are they going to manage to raise a child when both of them could hardly survive?

He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn’t even notice when Kyungsoo has stopped walking. He only snapped out of it, when he felt a small tap on his cheek. He looked up and saw the smaller man giving him a soft smile.

“I could hear you thinking from miles away Dae..” Kyungsoo stated, smiling at the latter. “I will be alright. Everything’s going to be alright..”

Jongdae sighed because it was the only thing he could do. He knew worrying would help with nothing. What’s done was done. Kyungsoo was pregnant with Chanyeol’s child and they were either going to raise the child or abort it and he knew that both of these decisions were hard as hell.

“Call me if you need anything alright?” Jongdae said as he pulled Kyungsoo for a quick hug. He really hopes that everything becomes good for Kyungsoo and Chanyeol. “Don’t forget about me, dongsaeng..”

“I won’t, hyung!” Kyungsoo vowed with his signature heart-shaped smile.

^^^

The walk home was quiet. Though it only seemed like that from outside, because inside Kyungsoo’s head there was a raging tornado, going around everywhere and destroying everything. Okay, maybe that’s an exaggeration, but he can’t deny the fact that he can’t exactly describe how he’s feeling.

It’s kind of scary yet exciting.

Kyungsoo chuckled to himself as he ran a hand over his tummy. It’s strange, isn’t it? He’s now carrying a child inside his body. And not just any child, he’s carrying his and Chanyeol’s baby, a symbol of their love. It’s just..he just…he’s just so, so happy.

He knows that with their current situation, everything is going to be hard. And even thinking about it, makes him shiver. But no matter what, he just can’t help but imagine how the child’s going to be like. Will he/she get Chanyeol’s ear? Will he/ she get his lips? Who will he/she resemble? He admits that it’s quite early to imagine anything but he’s just so curious about how their child is going to be like.

He was so consumed in his thoughts, that he didn’t even realize when he had entered the dorm building and climbed up the stairs. His senses only returned when he opened the door and a delicious waft filled his nose. He inhaled deeply and started to follow the scent as his stomach gave out small grumbles.

“Oh, you’re back?”

Kyungsoo instantly snapped out his trance and saw Chanyeol standing in front of the stove with a small apron tied around his waist, making him look adorable. Kyungsoo blushed a little due to the latter’s handsomeness but quickly brushed it aside as he trudged forward and wrapped his hands around the taller man’s waist, burying his face in his back.

“It smells so good…” Kyungsoo purred, burying his head further.

“Does it?” Chanyeol asked turning around and facing the smaller. “I tried Budae jjigae since Myeon hyung left me some sausages”

“Hmm..” hummed Kyungsoo. “I have to thank him later.”

“Well..then go freshen up…” Chanyeol urged. “I’ve got good news to tell you..”

“Really?” Kyungsoo beamed, momentarily forgetting about his own news.

“Yeah!” The taller man nodded enthusiastically. “So hurry up! I’ll set the table.”

Kyungsoo smiled as he dropped his bag on the bed and padded his way towards the toilet. After 10 minutes, he returned from the toilet and saw Chanyeol has already set the table and was waiting for him patiently with a smile etched on his lips. Seeing Chanyeol smiling like that made his heart flutter. It’s been so long since he has seen the taller man like this.

“So what’s the good news?” Kyungsoo asked as he sat on the chair.

“I got a recommendation from Junmyeon hyung..” Chanyeol informed while chewing. “It’s a big company…But they are willing to accept me despite my status.”

Kyungsoo stopped eating as he heard those words. He placed his spoon down and instantly got up from his seat before running towards Chanyeol and wrapping his arms around him. He knows that he’s acting too cheery, but he’s just so happy to hear it. This recommendation could mean a start of new life for them and their unborn child. Wait, speaking of the unborn…

Kyungsoo instantly pulled away from the taller man and looked at him with a serious expression. He wondered if it would the right time to tell Chanyeol. He knows that he’s overthinking a bit but what if Chanyeol doesn’t want this child? What if he tells him to abort it because of their current situation?

No no...He can’t think negatively when he hasn’t even told the news yet. He has to get a grip and just say it before he backs away. Hence taking a deep breath, Kyungsoo again looks at the now confused taller male and stands straight.

“Chanyeol…There’s something I need to tell you too..” Kyungsoo starts, fidgeting in his stand.

“What is it?” Chanyeol questioned, looking up at the smaller man.

It’s now or never, he thinks as he inhales deeply again. “Chanyeol…I..I..”

“Kyungsoo…what is it?” he gently clasps his hands as he starts to worry. What if Kyungsoo says that he doesn’t want to stay with him anymore? What if he says that he wants to move back to the palace? What if the smaller man wants to leave him because he’s tired of him?

But before Chanyeol could ponder further, Kyungsoo announced something which shook his entire world. He looked at the smaller man with a perplexed expression, wondering if he really heard him right. This...is this really true?

“You’re what?” Chanyeol asked again, just to make sure that he wasn’t dreaming.

“I’m pregnant Chanyeol,” Kyungsoo stated with his face expectant. “I’m pregnant with our child…”

“But..”

To say Chanyeol was confused was an understatement. He just couldn't understand how in the world did Kyungsoo ended up pregnant. Yeah, it was true that they had on their honeymoon but every time they did it, Chanyeol alwa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter