Chapter 3

Don’t call this obsession, You don’t know my heart.

Might not be updating over the weekend, I have to go on a family day out thing on Sunday -_- and tomorrow I have an essay I need to do for Monday, but I guess it depends on how much I write today and how quickly I finish the essay. It's so stupid, it's about 'Of Mice and Men' that book is so damn boring *yawn*

Sorry for boring you to death with my crappy plans and to the story!


 

Your POV

The rest of the day wasn't very eventful, we just went back to class and actually got some work done, even if Hoya and Dongwoo kept trying to distract me by Hoya playing with my hair or Dongwoo passing me little notes and throwing paper balls at my head which earned them glares from Myungsoo and a warning from the teacher to pay attention.

The bell rang signaling the end of the school day, which cheered everyone up instantly, after packing up my stuff I went back to my locker to grab the books I'd need for the night of studying I had waiting for me.

The boys waved to me at the gate saying their goodbyes before walking to their houses in the opposite direction to where I lived.

I put my earphones in and started blasting T.O.P's 'Turn It Up', I was bobbing my head along to the song until a shiver ran down my spine and I felt as if I was being watched.

I slowed down my walking pace slightly and turned around to see who was there and almost had a heart attack when I saw who was behind me.

"God dammit! Don't do that, I almost died just then! You almost had me rolling around on the ground in cardiac arrest, are you happy?" The words had already escaped my lips before I had the chance to stop myself, oh well.

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you, are you alright?" The red-headed boy, who was now in front of me, chuckled.

"Yes Taemin I'm fine... How have you been? I haven't seen you around much..." I asked him when we carried on walking. It was true, we go to school together and we're in the same grade, we always have been quite close but recently he's become more distant and I missed having him around.

"Well, same old same old, just dad's been on my case about going to a decent college and working for him, I'm starting to get fed up. It's so annoying all the time, he thinks that because I'm the older twin that I should be the one setting the example but I'm not the one who had to move school because of some damn bullies." He sighed, running a hand through his hair before carrying on.

That's who it was.

"I just feel like he thinks of me as some lump of clay he can mold into whatever he wants, but I just want to have the freedom to be who I want, is that wrong of me?" He asked, looking at me with sad eyes.

I shook my head at him. "He's your father, he should be proud of you no matter what you choose to do. I personally don't see why he wouldn't be proud of you wanting to be a dancer, you have so much talent, but even if he won't support you, I always will." I smiled up at him reassuringly, making his expression become more relaxed. I felt so bad for him, he has so much potential as a performer.

We reached my house after the heartfelt catch-up, I waved goodbye to Taemin before turning to walk to my front door, but before I could go I felt a hand gently grab my wrist and a soft voice call my name. I turned around to face him once again and looked at him slightly confused before he pulled me into a hug.

"Thank you." He whispered before pulling away and looking at me gratefully, but there was something in his eyes, like an underlaying emotion, what's he hiding?

He waved at me and we went our separate ways. That was so strange.

I unlocked my front door and stepped inside, taking off my shoes after locking the door behind me.

"I'm home!" I called out, before sighing. I keep forgetting.

It was force of habit, I missed them so much, my parents were gone and here I was wallowing in self pity, they wouldn't want to see me living like this. Especially with some psychopath stalking me, it's not like you could expect me to have a positive attitude but I had to keep up the illusion that I was happy.

It was only to be expected that I felt even lonelier considering the size of the house. My parents weren't exactly poor, we were very well off, and they'd left everything to me, I would be happy but how can I when I have no one to share any of this with? Infinite don't want me to give them things because they said they feel like charity, even after I insisted that I wanted to give them back something to show how much I appreciated them.

I  picked up the photograph of my parents and kissed it before putting it back in its place and walking upstairs and going to my room.

I was just about to start getting changed when I saw that my balcony doors were wide open and the wind had left a chill throughout the room. I walked over to them, shivering slightly from the breeze, and shut them, making sure to lock them securely.

I realised that I was extremely tired and decided on a shower to wake myself up enough to make myself dinner and do at least some of my homework.

I came back out of the bathroom after the refreshing shower and smiled as I smelled the slight fragrance of vanilla that my shampoo left on my hair. I got dressed into a pair of knee length basketball shorts and an off-the-shoulder black and white striped top before walking downstairs again and heading for the kitchen, iPod in hand.

I set my iPod on the dock and the familiar beat of MYNAME's Message started playing while I prepared my meal.

Ring ding dong, ring ding dong, ring diggi ding diggi ding ding ding~

I ran back over to the speakers quickly pausing the song when the phone rang and picked up.

"Hello?"

"..."

"Hello? Is anyone there?" I asked, my hands started shaking slightly, please don't be him.

"..."

"Whoever this is, it's not funny okay?! If you're not going to say anything, you don't call a person!" I raised my voice in anger trying to hide my fear, I could hear him breathing.

"..."

"For gods sake, grow up! Don't call me again." I yelled before hanging up, my hands were still shaking, but I wasn't sure whether it was out of anger or fear.

I sighed before going back to the pot of neglected pasta on the stove and turned off the gas before putting it on a plate and eating by myself, it was eerily silent so I purposely ate faster so I could hurry and go up to my room and study before going to sleep.

Once I'd finished my food, I washed my dishes and took my bag upstairs to my room and got out my science book, flipping to the Biology section and started to read and answer the questions we were assigned.

What is the name of a fertilized egg just before it becomes an embryo? What kind of stupid question is that? Oh well, I'm no one to question the stupidity of a textbook... Zygote.

I wrote down the last answer and closed my textbook and notebook and smiled ridiculously at my minor achievement before putting them back into my bag and climbing into my over-sized bed and cuddling into my sheets. But just before I fell asleep, a single thought ran through my mind.

I hadn't left my balcony doors open this morning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~