Nine

love can't be resolved by money (my love is pure)

 The next day.

 

Garak High School is organizing a charity football match to raise funds for their school. The school's team is competing with Gyeonggi High School's gem, The Wolfs. Everything went well; Irene's cheerleader team wins on a dancing battle against the other school, and the school's football team wins the game with 5-4 scores. The spectators sitting section is hardly empty and most of them just stands and cheers for their favourite team. 

After the game ends, the cheerleaders and the football team are taking a picture together. There are students too, hanging out at the spectators seat, eating the foods they bought from the food truck that were located at the back of the football field. Seulgi is talking with the football players; Seulgi is wearing her white oversized shirt, denim jeans and her newly bought Nike shoes, and it seem like Seulgi is now being the centre of attention.

 

 

Irene is walking closer to the crowd, sipping her banana milk as she saw Seulgi standing on a wood pallete and all of the people is looking up on Seulgi. Irene just rolls her eyes looking at the latter. Seulgi noticed Irene's presence, now hopping down to the ground carefully as she approaches Irene.

 

Seulgi smiles sheepishly to Irene. "Hi." Irene fakes a lazy smile, greeting Seulgi back. "Hi."

Irene picks an imaginary lint off of Seulgi's shoulder. "I did a little bit of thinking last night-" Seulgi nods. "Mmm-hmm,"

"-and I think that now is the time we had our little talk." "About what?" "You know, us, you and me?"

Seulgi lifts her eyebrows. "Now?"

Irene nods her head. Seulgi takes a few deep breaths as she claps her hands. "Okay, great!" Seulgi purposely raises her voice, wanting to get attention. "I did a little bit thinking too!" Seeing people still ignores her, she raises her voice again, this time she almost screams.

 

"No, actually, I did quite a bit of thinking!--" Everyone is now looking at the couple. Seulgi folds her hands, biting her lip, and looking at Irene furiously. Irene furrows her eyebrows, balling a fist on both of her hands. 

"-and I decided that you're breaking me."

Irene folds her hands. "What do you mean??"

Seulgi scoffs, making a disbelief look. "Broke. Bankrupt. Chapter 11!" Irene lifts her eyebrows. "What are you talking about?"

Seulgi smirks, pulling out her wallet for her jeans pocket. She opens her wallet. "This. I'm dry. Hey, I can't keep up with you, I'm not a bank! *whispers* they love it, Irene.

Irene looks like she's almost crying now. "Would you stop it, please? This isn't dignified-" "Dignified?! Oh, yeah. 

 

For one month you draped up over me like a cheap! ing! Suit! Now I'm not dignified?" Everyone start to laugh mockingly at Irene as the place getting more crowded to watch these one in a million drama. Irene rests her left hand on her waist, her right hand massaging her temple. "This is not necessary, Seulgi. Will you please show some maturity? You-" "Like your precious Bogum??"

 

 

Right. Seulgi just did that. Thanks for reminding me of him. Irene thought, sarcastically glares at the latter.

 

 

"Yes."

 

 

Looking at the crowd, Seulgi thought that maybe if she ends this with a venomous word, she'll be more vulnerable. Seulgi then leans her head close to Irene's face, looking directly in the eyes. "Well, if I was as mature as him, I probably wouldn't have called you either. I'm tired of you comparing me to Bogum, and in fact, I'm tired of you. Period!"

 

Irene's face turns red as she fuming with anger. She feels her tears almost rolling down her cheeks, her lips tremble out of anger, hurt and disappointment. She knew that this is only an act, but why did she feels that this is real? Why did she feel this suffocating and aching pain in her chest? No, this is not real. This is not a real breakup. But why I am feeling like this?

 

Irene is too hurt; she can't respond to this. But then she miraculously opens , whispering just for Seulgi's ears. "I can't believe you." She then slaps Seulgi's cheek, and leaving the crowd.

The people gasps in shock too; closing their gaping mouths as they looks Irene's petite body leaving the place.

 

"Poor Irene. It's awful the way Seulgi breaking her." Joy sighs, looking at Seulgi who is still starstuck; holding her slapped cheek with her left hand.

Yeri nods, glaring at Seulgi. "I know! I mean, I don't know what she ever saw in him. She's such...... a heartbreaker."

"Yeah, that's it."

 

 

 

Seulgi looks so messed up. She sits a bit far from the clique as she is thinking hard. There's something that she saw in Irene's eyes, but she can't bet an eyelash on it. Why am I feeling like this is all real? 

Her train of thoughts vanished as a hand patting her shoulder. 

Seulgi looks at her back, revealing a slightly tall guy, with a dimple on his cheek. It is Kwon Hyuk, or likely to be called Dean is the captain of the school's marching band. He is gifted with a great voice, muscular body that makes girls melt. His cocky attitude does not matter at all.

 

"The Seulmonster! You're one badass girl, you know that?" Dean greets, nudging Seulgi on the shoulders. "Heh, thanks." Seulgi laughs halfheartedly, forming a tight-lipped smile. "Yo, what's up?" "You don't mind if I try to get tired of Irene now that you're finished with her, do you?" Seulgi nods her head, looking at the ground. "No." Dean claps his hands, "Loved it. See you around," with that, he leaves Seulgi. Seulgi sits and looking at the skies for a while.

 

Nope. I'm not jealous.

 

Seulgi shakes her head, brushing away the thought. She then stands up before wearing her shades on. 

 

 

 

Later on the afternoon.

 

Irene just arrived at her house. She sits in her car for a few minutes before someone knocking the car window. Knowing who it is, she takes her belongings and go out from the car. 

 

Seulgi is sitting on her bike, smiling. "It was a great fight this morning. That slap was so real. We are talking Oscar nomination." Irene just nods nonchalantly as she is walking to the doorstep. "Yeah, yeah.... well, we gave them a good show. The audience loved it." Seulgi follows Irene on tow, sighing happily. "Oh, what an excellent four weeks.... your friends really took to me, all because of you."

 

Irene shrugs lightly. "Seulgi, it was like a job. I mean, you bailed me, and I pretended to like you. I was only honoring our rental contract." Seulgi scratches the back of her head, nodding. "Yeah, well, it worked. Geez, popularity sure beats being treated like a social leper, let me tell ya." Seulgi smiles arrogantly. Irene stops her legs, now facing Seulgi. She lets a long sigh. "Seulgi, popularity isn't perfect. I mean, it almost feels like a job sometimes. Do you still remember that suede outfit that I wore?" "Uh-huh.." "Yeah, well, that is me trying to impress people. I have to work for it, so does everybody else." Irene says, but Seulgi looks like she didn't hear Irene's words at all. Irene squints her eyes, but leaves Seulgi after that. Seulgi runs to Irene. "Wait!" Irene turns on her back, looking at Seulgi, quite irritated with her. "What?" Seulgi then clumsily takes out a transparent folder from her bagpack. shyly giving it to Irene. "It's to keep your poetry in. And...." Seulgi then finding something in her jeans pocket. "Here."

It is a paracord bracelet, and it is purple, Irene's favourite color. Irene then takes the file, and Seulgi slowly takes her left hand. "I'll help you wear it." 

Seulgi bit her lip as she tries putting the bracelet on Irene's wrist. Irene blushes looking at Seulgi's concentrate face like this. Seulgi then looks at Irene, "Done. I have one too. Orange." Seulgi then lifts up her left hand, showing her orange-coloured paracord bracelet. 

"Thanks, Seulgi." Irene lets out a sincere smile. Seulgi shows her eyesmile. "You're welcome." Seulgi looks at Irene walking to the door.

Irene opens the front door, halfway in, she looks at her back. "Seulgi, whatever happens with that popularity thing, you know, 

stay yourself. Don't change to please them."

 

Seulgi snorts. "Me? Change? Tsk. Never."

 

——

 

"That's right, I'm here!" 

The next Monday, Seulgi comes to the school looking quite....... different. Stylish outfit, with a cocky attitude as she shamelessly imitates the Tarzan scream (i luv Seulgi's tarzan scream on Zoo <3) like a retarded . 

She enters the 'cool hallway' like she enters the Hall Of Fame. She basically greets all of the people there.

"Feeling good, man?"

"Hey babies!"

Seulgi then looks at one particular girl, talking with other girls, leaning on the locker. "Oh, ladies, looking beautiful today...." Seulgi says as she stops her steps, now looking from top to bottom of Jessica, Krystal's sister. 

Jessica smirks as she approaches Seulgi slowly, almost like tempting her. "Thanks, Seulgi. Looking rather tasty yourself." Jessica says, putting her right hand to Seulgi's shoulder, carresing it slowly making the latter bit her lip. Seolhyun walking around Seulgi. "I love your hair, it's so......shiny," Seolhyun rubs her finger to caress Seulgi's hair.

 

Irene is looking the girls from afar, totally disgusted of them. 

Never gonna change my .

 

"Irene! Listen to me one second, will ya?" Dean says, his hands on Irene's shoulders. "What?" Irene grunts annoyingly, totally disliked Dean's sudden greeting on her. "All I'm asking for is one date," "No!" "Oh, please, I have money, I have a reputation, I'm handsome, what else do you need, Irene?" Dean sighs, as he tries to convince Irene. "I like you a lot, okay?" Dean suddenly confesses, looking on the floor. Irene shots a look on Dean. She then scoffs, waving her hands. "But I don't like you, okay? Just leave me alone, Dean, and chase other girls instead," Irene leaves the dumbfounded Dean, and hitting on Seulgi's shoulder on the way. Seulgi notices, but she is too engrossed at the girl in front of her. 

Jessica picks an imaginary lint on Seulgi's clothes. "Seulgi, you're taking me to Tucker's this Friday night." "Saturday night?" Hearing this makes Seolhyun hits Jessica's arm. "Yeah, I have that evening liberated..." Jessica smirks. "Wonderful..." Seulgi's smirks gone wider. "I hope so..." 

Suddenly, Dean is pulling Seulgi out of the girls a little bit further. "Seul, this is gonna be tougher than I thought. I'm gonna need your advice..."

"Jessica, I was going to ask her out!" Seolhyun barks, scrunching her face. Jessica chuckles darkly, as she whispers, "Relax, Hyun. It's only October. Seolhyun scoffs, "Yeah, right!" and leaving Jessica. Jessica looks at Seolhyun going away, smirking triumphantly.

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

what's up everyone

how is this chapter? let me know what you're feeling

i'm so sorry for making seulgi a bad girl in this chapter lol

so, dean, jessica, and seolhyun's appereance!

hey i never thought that this story will get 290+ subs so thank you so so so much guys!

and thank you for voting!