Three

love can't be resolved by money (my love is pure)

 

 

Walking into the school's library, Seulgi and Wendy are blabbering about something.

"This is supposed to be the biggest year of our lives: The prom, parties, homecoming, we're supposed to have memories," Seulgi's blabbering makes Wendy looks at her, confused.

"Memories? We will have plenty of memories. Yearbook committee, video parlor, card games on Saturday nights," "Cards are for tards." Hearing Seulgi's reply makes Wendy looking at her with more confused written on her face. Seulgi is laughing hard seeing Wendy's face. "I'm just kidding," Seulgi giving Wendy a pat on her shoulder before entering the library.

"We do have a lot of memories, but be honest. 

Wouldn't you like to be popular?" Seulgi said, putting her books at the library's table and her stuffs before sitting on the chair. Wendy did just the same like Seulgi did, but she's snorts before saying, "And have to be in a clique? It's a no no to me," Wendy flicked Seulgi's forehead, making Seulgi grunt in pain. 

"What happened to us? We were all friends in elementary.."

"Because we were forced to be in the same class together. But hey, junior high, high school. Forget it. Jocks became jocks, cheerleaders become cheerleaders, we became us. I like us." 

"I like us too." Hearing Seulgi's words leaving a big smile on their faces.

"I just think it would be more fun to party with those guys in our senior year like go to their games," Seulgi opens her Chemistry book, writing and Wendy mumbles "We go to all the games, right?" 

Seulgi stopped her prep and puts a disbelief look on Wendy. "We sit in the visiting section, Wendy. And what's sadder than sitting in the visiting section at our own school?" Wendy looks at Seulgi momentarily before shrugging nonchalantly. 

"Well, if you want to be popular, get a cool car and a handsome boyfriend."

Seulgi lets out a scoff. "How many times that I told you I'm gay?"

Wendy nods at her words. "Yeah, I know. But you're gay only to Irene, right?" Wendy smirks when she looks at Seulgi, her cheeks were blushing hard.

"Yeah, right. My five hundred wouldn't buy the wheel." Seulgi whispered, but thankfully it was loud enough for Wendy. For god's sake, they were in the library. "But you can rent them, you know?"

"Yeah right."

 

 

 

Seulgi is at home, looking at her stepfather. Her mother married Donghae five years after her father passed away. Donghae is a good father to her family and things were good in her family. 

Donghae cleaning his 1959 Cadillac. It is a vintage car, but it obviously looks old. Her stepfather loves this car, although it's old. It looks so old-fashioned in Seulgi's eyes.

"Looks um, clean, Dad." Seulgi said, giving a smile to his stepfather. "Oh, thanks, sweetheart. You know, anytime you want to borrow this little beauty for a night on the town, it's yours." Donghae now takes a cloth and starts to polishing his car. 

"Thanks," Seulgi said, clearing . 

 

Meanwhile in the Bae's residence, Irene is grunting because she's frustrated. She had put all her clothes out of her wardrobe. 

"I need to be pretty on Yeri's back-to-school party tonight, and I don't have any dress for tonight's dress code! Ugh!" Grunts Irene, before landing herself on her king-sized bed. And then she suddenly remembered about the suede dress her mom just bought last week. It looks so stylish, suiting Irene's body and look. She then sprints to her mother in the master's bedroom. Entering the room, her mother is sitting in front of the mirror, looking at her appreances. Her mother is wearing formal clothes, usually she'll go out and meet her friends in the restaurant.

"Oh, what is it, honey?" Her mom glanced at Irene, looking for a last time in front of the mirror and get closer to Irene. Irene makes a pouting face. Well, when Irene makes that pouting face, she obviously wants something. Inha knew that look for years she had known her daughter. 

"Can I borrow your suede outfit tonight? It's the one that you bought from that mall..." 

"Irene, I said no." Inha frowned, and it makes Irene grunt. "I'll get going. Make sure you're back before I do, do you understand me?" Irene lets a sigh as she kissed her mother's cheek. "Goodbye, Mom. Take care."

After sending Inha to the doorstep, Irene walks back into her house. She went into Inha's room and searching for a particular outfit in Inha's well organized clothes aisle in the room. She lets a big smirk when she founds the outfit she's been looking for. She then takes the outfit and sprints to her room and closing the door.

She puts the outfit on her bed and whispered 'Oooh yes!' to herself. There's no way she could unresist this outfit by not wearing it for tonight's party. 

She need to look perfect in this party.

 

 

Seulgi is looking the pamphlet, searching for the best telescope to buy. 

Seulgi's wish is to get herself a telescope using her own money, because she didn't like to ask her parents to buy it for her. Instead, she makes her own money. Seulgi will feel so satisfied buying things from her own effort she made.

"Sweetie? Not at the table, please." Hwanhee, Seulgi's mother said after bringing the freshly baked mac n' cheese to the dining table. Seulgi being a good daughter as she is, puts the pamphlet away from the table. 

"So, have you saved up enough money?" Donghae asked, putting his newspaper away after finish reading it. Seulgi nods happily before says, "Yeah, fifty five thousand and twenty dollars!" Seulgi flashed her bright smile before continues, "I mowed 400 miles of grass this summer, and that's 13.8 dollars per mile." 

"Hmm, The Kang Seulgi Story; My Life On A Mower." Sehun sarcastically said, making Seulgi gives an intense gaze on him and it makes Sehun's leg wobbling scarily.

"How much is the microscope?" Hwanhee asked, and it makes Seulgi frown in disbelief. 

"It's telescope, Mom." Sehun corrects it, and Seulgi smiled, thanking him. 

Seulgi cleared before explaining, "It's five thousand dollars, and it's on sale. Then I'm gonna deposit the rest in my bank account." Hearing the explaination, Donghae pats Seulgi head softly. "I'm proud of you, Ddeulgi. You worked, you earned, you saved. Daebak," Donghae lifts his two thumbs up, making the family laugh. 

"Dad, my friend Chanyeol is throwing preschool jam party tonight. Can I go?" Donghae nods at Sehun's words, giving him a green light and a smiling Sehun. He then looks at Seulgi who is polishing her glasses. "What about you, Seulgi-yah? You got any back-to-school parties lined up?"

"Yeah, the Saturday night card game." Seulgi nods, munching her macaroni. 

"Ooh! Cards with the tards," Sehun snickered, letting a grunt from Seulgi. "Smack him for me, please." "Hey, I'm only kidding. I mean, who could beat a night of cards, chips and dorks?" Sehun teased sarcastically and laughing himself.

 

 

"Well guys, read em and whip." Seulgi says and humming triumphantly.

"Oh, I'm losing..." whined Wendy, sighing.

It was Saturday night. Seulgi is in Kai's house, playing poker and it looks like Seulgi is being lucky tonight. Everyone is sighing but Seulgi is the only one that is laughing. Wendy exhaled before glancing at Seulgi. "Your deal, Seul." But Seulgi is in her own thoughts as she didn't heard Wendy. 

"Seul, your deal." Wendy said, half-screaming making Seulgi awake from her thoughts. She looks at her friends and finally said, "Let's do something different." Everyone in the room looks at Seulgi like she is growing horn from her head. "What do you mean?" Kai asked, totally confused on Seulgi.

"We've been playing poker for three years." Seulgi said, looking at her friends. They nods, and giving that 'what is wrong with that' look. She sighs heavily before whines "Let's play another game.." Wendy shrugs, being considerate on Seulgi's request. "Dealer's choice."

Seulgi is mixing the cards before saying, 

"Let's play Hearts."

 

 

People were going in and out to Yeri's back-to-school's party. So do Irene. She checks her appereances one last time before going inside Yeri's house. Being an attention seeker like she is, she saw Krystal filling her drinks on the beverages booth. 

"Krystal, isn't it?" She approaches Krystal, and Krystal's eyes wide when she laid her eyes on Irene's suede outfit. "Wow! Can I pet it?" Krystal said, looking Irene's outfit. Irene giggles before replying, "I'm sorry, it's dead." 

"Oooh cool outfit!" "Damn, what a severe suede," Yeri and Joy approaches them, looking at Irene's outfit. 

"Guys, it's no big deal.... Um, Bogum sent it last week. His nephew owns a leather textile in Paris." lied Irene without feeling a tug of guilt in her heart, even for a bit. Yeri nods before adding Irene's words, "Oh yeah, the best leathers come from Rome, Paris and Des Moines," "I don't remember this... I was just in your closet yesterday." Joy says, contorting her face. "Um, I probably had it somewhere else, I don't know."  Irene succesfully lied again, and walks away from the youngers with Krystal. "My mom won't let me near suede. It's too hard to clean." Irene laughs awkwardly at Krystal's words before saying, "Yeah, I know. My mom feels the same way."

Just as Irene turns her body to her left, a bulky guy runs towards her and holding a red wine on her right hand. He then suddenly tripped and guess what, the red wine were spilled on Irene's suede dress, staining the torso part of the dress. The spilling is so big; you can see it from far away. Irene's face were red as beet, fuming as she looked at the bulky guy, Taecyeon. He then stands up, before carelessly says, "Ooh. Sorry, hon. Don't worry, it's only wine-" "It's not only a ing wine, you ing tard!" Irene shouts, making everyone in the party flinched.

 

Irene is always calm and she always spoke softly to other people, she never loses her mind, even with her cheerleader teammates. Seeing Irene's temper explodes making everyone shocked. "Just rub some salt in it. It will come out..." is all Taecyeon said before running away.

 

That reckless dickhead.

 

Irene then runs into the bathroom, taking off her dress and turning the faucet on and rubs the stained suede under the running water. She keeps cursing and unfortunately, it won't come off. "Damn it! !" She screamed, realizing that she's ed up.

 

 

The next day, at a shopping mall in Seoul....

"...Now, for the same price, I can sell you this Geartop 90X Refractor Telescope." The seller convinced well to make Seulgi buy this telescope. "Well, it's only 90 times refract." Seulgi said, examining the telescope. She's pursing her lips, and frowning. She listens focusly on the seller. She then tried to take a look on the telescope. "Yeah, it's clear." "It gives you an erect image rather than upside down," the seller adds, looking Seulgi tries his telescope. 

As Seulgi looks in the telescope. It shows the first floor view as its lens leads to that way. She saw many people were going in and out from the mall, and suddenly she saw Irene enters the mall. She looks like she's rushing and her face looks so frustrated. She then saw Irene enters a shop, runs to the cashier and talking about something. Irene shows her suede outfit to the cashier and looks like she's explaining to the cashier and the cashier puts a disheveled look.

Seulgi now looks at the seller and said she'll be right back. "Hey, wait! Aren't you gonna buy it?!" The seller said, and lets a heavy sigh as he looks Seulgi didn't mind him.

"Yes, I can relate to your dilemma, miss. I really do but we have a policy of no exchanges especially  *sniffs the suede outfit* after a garment has been marinated in Ripple?" "All right, now I will compromise, all right?" Irene said, but the cashier seems to ignoring her. "Um, I will work here after school and on weekends, would you listen to me? I will work here after schools and on weekends, and all you need to do is give me a replacement outfit as an advance." The cashier sighs as he says, "Listen, honey. I will repeat your alternatives one last time. You can keep your outfit and dye the rest of it cranberry or you can purchase a new one." Hearing thay makes Irene grunts sorrowfully. As on cue, Seulgi enters the shop. "Would you please help me? I will do anything..." Irene sobs lightly, and it makes Seulgi pity the latter. Seulgi then looks back at the telescope shop and at Irene many times, frustrated on what to choose.

Of course she wanted to buy those tempting telescope, but this chance to get popular USING IRENE won't come again in a trillion years. 

It won't be too bad, right? With that, Seulgi approaches Irene. "Um, hey."

"What?"

"Ok, so here's the deal. I want to rent you." Seulgi said, showing the freshly five thousand dollars in her hands.

 

 

What?

 

 

Irene's eyes became wide hearing what Seulgi just said. "What are you talking about? Are you high?"

 

"No, I'm not. I want to rent you." 

 

 

Seeing the seriousness on Seulgi's face makes Irene believed that she is serious.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-