Five

love can't be resolved by money (my love is pure)

 

 

 

Picking their drinks in the vending machine, Joy and Yeri were waiting for Irene and today, it seems like it is getting different from their usual cycle of life.

"I think that's Kang Seulgi...." Joy chirped, looking at Seulgi following Irene on her back. Yeri too watches the olders approaching them, she puts a disbelief look. "No way!" She then squints her eyes, before continuing to say "It must be a— transfer..." "Wrong  and I think I'm puking."

"Hi Joy, Yeri." Irene greets them, waving her hands before hugging them. She then glances at Seulgi on her back before looking at them again. "Um, you all know Seul... right?" The youngers just nod. "Yeah, I think. But didn't you like, used to mow our lawn...?" Yeri said, quirking her eyebrows.

"Yes, and you have the nicest pair of rhododendrons in town." Seulgi lets a grin, totally proud of herself. 

Hearing this makes Irene facepalmed herself.

The younger didn't understand what Seulgi just said, are totally confused. "Rhoda who?"

Seulgi looks at them with a disbelief look. "Dendrons." Irene cuts Seulgi's words, nudging Seulgi's left rib making Seulgi scrunching her face.

"I'll see you guys later, okay? Bye!"

With that, Seulgi and Irene leaves the place. 

Joy looks at Yeri, still can't get what Seulgi just said to her and Yeri. She then pokes Yeri. "What did she say?" Yeri just shrugs, and mumbles "I don't care."

 

 

 

 

"Well, class, any interesting experiments this summer?" asked Mr. Yoo, the biology teacher, looks at his students, hoping that they didn't just sleep and not doing nothing in their holiday.

Kai then lifts his hand, before standing up. "Uh, yeah, well, I grew spores and fungi in my parents' refrigerator this summer," Kai grins cheekily and it makes the whole class 'eww'ing and laughing. 

Seulgi then whispered at Wendy beside her. "Now he's homeless." 

"How come you didn't meet me in the library?" Wendy frowns, looking at Seulgi. Seulgi then side hugging Wendy. "Sorry, I forgot. First day and all." Wendy nods before looking Seulgi, from head to toe. "What's with the weird outfit?" Seulgi glances her shirt, brushing the nonexistent dust. "Weird? It's a designer original." Wendy just snorts before says, "Yeah, right. How's the new telescope?" "Well, I exactly didn't buy it yet."

 

I'm sorry I can't tell you the truth yet, Wendy.

 

"Five thousand dollars is a great deal to part with, and I don't—"

"Miss Seulgi, you seem quite talkative this morning. Why don't you recite the bones of the upper appendicular skeleton?" Mr. Yoo cuts Seulgi's words, making Seulgi's face become pale.

Her classmates were all looking at Seulgi with 'Ooh's and silent laughs. Seulgi grunts quietly before standing up. Well, even the brainiac Wendy didn't remember all of the difficult parts on skeleton.

"And I mean, all 64 of them." Mr. Yoo adds, and looking at the helpless Seulgi.

It's a tough start of the day, I guess. 

 

 

 

 

While Seulgi is helpless in her Biology class, Irene and her peers were in the cooking class. 

"Hey guys, I have a question."

"What is it, Jen?"

"Why doesn't Pac-Man has a twitter?"

Hearing Jennie's query makes them all looks at her. 

Jisoo then taps her forefinger at her chin, thinking. 

"Because he didn't have hands?" Krystal asks, and it makes everyone looks at Jennie, hoping that it's the right answer. But Jennie shakes her head, "No."

"What then?" Yeri says, giving up with Jennie's question.

"Because......" 

Everyone makes a hopeful face, looking at Jennie.

"He doesn't like being followed!" Hearing that, everyone grunts annoyingly and it makes Jennie laughing. "You got that lame dad jokes, you know." Irene said, rolling her eyes. 

Yeri then claps her hands, wanting to get attention. 

"Since you guts are all wimping out, I'll get to the main issue here." Yeri then walks to Irene, putting her left arm on Irere's shoulder. "Irene, what were you doing with the lawn girl?" 

Irene shrugs nonchalantly. "We're friends."

Jennie chirped in, "Since when?" 

Joy scoffs, folds her arms. "Excuse me, Irene. 'Friends'? Come on....." Jisoo pokes Irene's forearm. "Well, what about Bogum?" "Yeah, come on. We just want some answers, right?" 

Irene eyeing them, looking at her with a curious look. She then asks them. "Guys, why don't you take a look at my forehead?" They then looks at her forehead. Irene then continues, and making all of them groaning with her words. 

"Do you see a sign that says 'information'?" 

Irene chuckles at their reaction.

 

 

 

 

Recess.

Everyone were walking to the school's cafeteria. It's crowded, full of students. The tables were hardly empty, but there were three tables with a red table cloth, only for cheerleaders, school's athlete, and popular students.

Sounds ridiculous, right? But this is the truth. 

Entering the cafeteria door, Amber, the school's football captain, walking to the cafeteria like she owns the world. She then mindlessly takes some nerd student his food, and not cares the shouting from the unfortunate nerd kid. She then walks to the reserved table, sitting on the bench before eating the food.

As on cue, Seulgi is walking to the table, taking Irene's food and hers with both of her hands, with Irene following her.

"I know that lunch was part of our deal, but I didn't think it meant the same table."

Seulgi chuckles, before putting Irene's tray of food and hers side to side. She then sits on the bench. "Well, I thought it would be a little more believable." 

Irene lets a sigh, before sitting beside Seulgi. "Yeah, I guess you're right. Anyway, you did treat me. Thanks." Hearing Irene's words, Seulgi lets a sincere smile, doing that eye smile. 

Irene skips a heartbeat looking at that killing eye smile. 

Seulgi frowns, confused when she looks at Irene's flushed face. "Are you sick?" She then takes her right hand to Irene's forehead, checking her temperature. "N-no. I'm okay." Irene stutters a bit, looking away from Seulgi. "Okay...you—" Seulgi's words were cut when Amber suddenly slammed Seulgi and Irene's table, making them flinched out of surprise. 

"Aren't you in the wrong section? Losers are to the left." Amber sarcastically says, letting a smirk on her face. Seulgi were looking at Amber, speechless. Irene then stands up, pointing her forefinger to the table Amber sits. "Then I guess you'll making a right.

That's the  section."

Amber scrunched her face, glaring at Irene's triumph face and Seulgi's nervous face before leaving them. 

Seulgi exhales her breath that she has hold for a long time. "Thanks." She says, opens her Pepsi can. 

Joy takes her food, walking to the table before stopping her steps. Yeri almost bump Joy's back, and she grunts. "You need a map, Joy? Thank God I didn't spill my food," "We've only been sitting at that table for three years," Jisoo chirped, putting a discomfort look on Seulgi's presence on their table. "Well, look. That wimp Kang is parked in our zone," Joy points at them, surely didn't like her presence there. Jennie then walks in front of Joy, shrugging. "Lighten up, Joy. How bad could she be?" With that, Jennie walks to the table. "She's with Irene. Come on," and that makes all of them walks to the table, sitting in front of Seulgi and Irene.

Looking at Irene's peers, Seulgi becomes nervous. 

Irene looks up at her friends. "You all know Seulgi?" 

Joy nods, "Yeah, we were in uh, sixth grade together. But I haven't seen him since then." They all chuckles, making Seulgi scrubbing her eyes awkwardly. She then clears . "I read in the paper that you and your team will probably make all-county, maybe even all-state this season,"

"Oh really? You go to the game?" Jennie asks, looking at the nerd. Seulgi then nods enthusiastly, "Every one." "But I never seen you there..." 

"I did. You're sitting in the visiting section, am I right?" Jisoo confess, making all of them look at her. She shrugs them off, "Well, I'm a cheerleader. Of course I see the spectators when performing."

"Yeah, she sits there to razz the other team. It's a psychological warfare." Irene supports Jisoo's words. Seulgi nods,before adding, "I almost got my kicked three times." And it makes everyone at the table laughing hard. 

Well, things were going so well for now.... right?

 

"Guys, look at this. Seulgi's over there in no-human's land, and she's still alive." Kai points at Seulgi who were sitting so comfortable with the popular students. "What does she think she's doing, Wendy?" Dal says, eating her salad. "He must be helping them with homework..." Wendy says, she's positive thinking that maybe Seulgi is helping them. Kai snorts. "Yeah. First morning in school, homework? Sure, Wen."

Wendy looks at Seulgi, who is laughing and talking with them. 

I hope so.