Seven

love can't be resolved by money (my love is pure)

 

 

The next day, at school. 

Seulgi and Irene are walking together into the school.

"So you want me to give you a ride home today?" 

"Yes please, thank you!"

"Okay, I'll see you around then, Seul." 

With that, they part ways and Seulgi is walking to her locker. As she takes out books for today's lesson, Wendy come to her. 

"Hey Seul."

Seulgi looks at her back, before looking at her locker again. "Oh, hey Wen." 

"How was your weekend?"

"It was great. How was yours?"

 

Wendy flinched at the question. Well she didn't want to get things worse, so she lets out everything. "Well, last Friday, I nearly got my face punched by a visiting fan trying to save you a seat and unfortunately, you didn't came......And Saturday, you stood us up for cards. And Sunday, you never returned any of my calls. Seulgi, what's with you?" Wendy says, frowning. 

 

Seulgi's face went pale. Oh my god. How could I forget this? She thought. She's starting to feel so so guilty about this. She then clasps her hands together. "I'm so sorry Wendyyyyy" She said, making puppy eyes. Wendy almost cringed but remembering that this is a serious situation, she didn't budge. "Oh yeah? For which one?" Is all she says before walking away from Seulgi. Seulgi then catching up Wendy's fast pace, before grabbing the latter's hand. "Can I make it up to you? Please, Wen." Seulgi says, head hunging low. Wendy then lets a frustrated sigh, nodding. "Okay. Friday night."

Seulgi shakes her head. "I can't."

 

Wendy frowns. "Saturday?"

 

Seulgi bits her lips. "Well, I was thinking more like Sunday afternoon." 

 

Wendy then lets a bitter smile. "Great. I'll call you later." 

 

Wendy then watches Seulgi walking away from her. She then notice Jisoo and Jennie exchanging hugs and fist bum with Seulgi. It's a heartbreaking sight when you see your best friend getting close to someone else. It hurts a lot. 

 

Wendy never felt so lonely like this. 

 

 

"You know, when I offered you a ride home, it was not to get you to wash my car.."

 

"I don't mind. Actually, I kind of like it."

 

Seulgi is washing Irene's car at the Bae's front yard, while Irene is watching the latter as she sits under the porch. Irene rejects Seulgi's offer to wash her car at first, but Seulgi insist because 'it's a must thing to do on girlfriend' and it makes Irene blushing. 

 

Seulgi then stops her hands from scrubbing the dirt off the car, only to ties her hear into a high bun and takes off her jeans jacket, only leaving her in a white tee and a black jeans. Well, she looks smoking hot. Irene almost gawks at Seulgi, as she stands up and bringing her cold water together with her. "You're a hard worker, Seulgi. Working is not really my thing."

 

Seulgi looks at Irene, confused, and looking back on the car. "Cheerleading's a hard work. You do it well, Irene."

 

Irene shrugs her shoulders. "I guess.... but what I mean is that I don't do much else except for shop and hangout." 

 

Seulgi stops her hands from scrubbing, now looking at Irene. 

 

"You can do anything you want. Anything you put your heart and your mind into. And for your information, I believe that."

 

Irene looks at Seulgi's determined face when the latter said those words to her. And that words makes Irene sparkles some trust on Seulgi.

 

"Um, I'll be right back. Do you want anything from the kitchen or anything, Seulgi?"

 

Seulgi smiles, shaking her head. "No, thanks."

 

Seulgi then continuing her work, spraying cold water towards the car. A few minutes later, Irene come back, only to come with few papers on her hands. "Here." Irene gives the paper to Seulgi. Seulgi then wipes her hands dry with her shirt and takes the papers, and reading what's written in the paper. 

 

Seulgi lifts her eyebrows, and looking at Irene. She then continues to read the paper. "...'Someday my wish is for him to hold me in his arms in a sea of deep blue,

 

Together at last, together as two.' Oh, that's beautiful. I didn't know you're a poet...?" Seulgi says, totally mind-blowed with the poem she just read. She didn't expect for Irene to write something as beautiful as her. 

 

Irene shakes her head. "No one knows. Even Bogum, if you're wondering." 

 

 

Seulgi lets a sincere smile, totally touched by this. "Thank you for trusting me with these."

 

"Let's just keep it between us, okay? For life or longer? Promise?"

 

"Major promise. But you should be proud of it. You're talented, you know." 

Irene giggles. "And you're drenched!" Irene sprays the water towards Seulgi, making the latter shields her face with her both hands. They then starting to chase each other, replying some attacks on each other. 

 

 

 

 

 

Irene takes Seulgi for a shopping in a mall.

"You really like this?" Seulgi says, as they both going out from a clothes shop. 

Irene nods. "Yeah, I do, but you're missing one big essential." They then enters a shades shop, walking to a well-organized shades in a display. An employee then approaches them.

 

"Hello, may I help you?" The employee named Somi greets them. Irene then shows to the display.

 

"I like to see those, please." Somi then takes out the stylish looking shade and brings it to Irene.

 

Irene then wears it on Seulgi. Irene bit her lip as she thought how hot Seulgi looks. "Very. Cool." "But how much are they......?" Seulgi asks concernly, not wanting to burden Irene. Irene then takes out her credit cards before amusingly saying, "Don't you worry about it. They're on me!" 

 

The following day, Seulgi became more popular. She changed a lot; her sense of style, the way she speaks, and she's not feeling embrassed when talking to new people. It makes Wendy sad as she always watch the couple together. And it makes Wendy hurt when Seulgi didn't make it up to her. That last Sunday afternoon, Wendy patiently waits for two hours in a diner, and only knowing Seulgi can't make it because Irene's family is inviting her to eat dinner in a posh-looking restaurant.

 

And it makes Wendy more irritated when Seulgi didn't say hi to her and sitting with the clique in class. 

She started to feel like a trash.

Like a wallflower.

 

'Why are you changing, Seulgi?' Wendy keep asking this question in her head.

And it starting to bugging in Wendy's mind.