Thirteen

love can't be resolved by money (my love is pure)

 

 

 

 

Irene and Kangjoon just arrived at Do’s Ice Cream Shop. As they take a seat on the outdoor booth of the shop, Kangjoon lit up his cigarette. “What are you doing?” Irene asks, folding her arms on her midriff. “Smoking, can’t you see it?” Hearing the answer makes Irene scoff. “Back to nursery school.” Kangjoon sighs sarcastically, eyeing Irene’s friends. “Look, they’re my friends, okay?” “You can say hello to your friends when you get me a chocolate milkshake, extra thick. I’ll be waiting at your car. I can’t stand sitting here,” demands Kangjoon, making Irene frowning. “What?”

Kangjoon scoffs, before looking Irene right at her face. “Read my lips.

Chocolate. Milkshake. Extra. Thick. I’ll be waiting at your car. I can’t stand sitting here,” with that, Kangjoon left Irene alone, the latter eyeing Kangjoon’s face with a scowl. “I can’t believe this. He’s so obedient at first, and now this? That should be embarrassed because he didn’t even afford to buy his own car,” mutters Irene to herself, queueing at the counter.

Such a .

 

 

Meanwhile, at Kang’s residence, the small family are having a dinner. Sehun hands out his midterm exam’s result.

“Two Cs, three Bs and one A! Outstanding, son!” Donghae says, patting Sehun’s back, giving the result paper to their mom. “Major improvement, Hunnie. They are all happy and , but Seulgi…… well she… kind of scowling. She can’t stand this one sided treatment in her family already.

“Oh, yeah. Three Bs and two Cs? I’ve been getting straight As since birth.” Sehun frowns. “So?” Seulgi scoffs a bit loud. “So!, everybody doubts the whereabouts of my report card. That’s real fair,” Donghae creases his forehead. “Nobody doubts you, Seul. You said you didn’t get it yet-” “-And I didn’t!” “Hey sis, it’s just parental concern,” Seulgi scoffs again. “Well, here’s the primate example. You’re raising a doll-chopping homicidal maniac, and what do you do every time you see him? You give him money. And me, I have to search for it by mowing. Yeah, just great. I don’t have appetite anymore.” with that, Seulgi leaves the table, slamming her bedroom door.

///

 

 

Back to Irene.

 

Kangjoon is polishing Irene’s car when the latter arrived there, with the milkshake on her hand. “Here’s the milkshake.” Kangjoon mutters thanks as he slurps a bit the milkshake. One second he slurping, he stops. “Why?” Irene asks, noticing the scrunch on Kangjoon’s face. “I said thick, this isn’t thick!” barks Kangjoon. Irene lets out a scoff. “Oh, well, let me check the consistency.” She then pours the milkshake right at Kangjoon’s head, making the boy gasps.

 

“Looks thick to me.” She throws the cup at Kangjoon before leaving and hanging out with her friends.

 

 

They never seen Kangjoon since that thing occurred.

 

After hanging out with her friends, Irene went home, sighing as she enters the house. is longing for water when she drank so much smoothie at the shop. Her mom is making some popcorns when she arrived at the kitchen. “What are you doing home?” The mother and daughter says on sync, making the two laughing. “I thought you’re hanging with your friends,” Irene says, opening the fridge and takes a few gulps from the cold water. “Well… I figured I’ve had enough turkey for one day.” “Me too.” Irene says, nodding. “There’s a good movie on TV.” “Oh yeah?” “Yeah.” “All right, let’s make it a date, shall we, mom?” “Aww, sweetheart…” Inha are putting the popcorns into a large bowl, now walking with her daughter to the living room. “I love you.”

“I love you too, Mom.”

In the end of the day, all you need is a well-spent time with your family.

 

///

 

Did you know about karma? It is when you do something like pulling a prank to other people, and that will happen to you afterwards, sooner or later.

And that is happening to a particular girl named Kang Seulgi.

Ever since the Halloween prank incident happened, Seulgi tries to talk to Wendy. Hell, you name it; hundreds of messages that was just seen, unanswered phone calls, multiple times of knocking Wendy’s house door, many times of reaching for Wendy’s arms but had been pulled away harshly by the latter, Seulgi tried everything. How can Wendy responds to Seulgi when she’s too heartbroken on her best friend since kindergarten’s harsh treatment and now, bombed her house? Seulgi never gives up whenever she gets a chance.

Like now.

The bell rings marking that their Biology class has ended, and Seulgi is stuffing her belongings into her bag quickly, but boy, Wendy is quicker than her. Wendy really wants to avoid Seulgi. Seulgi runs at Wendy, trying to stop her. “Hey, Wendy! I can explain, I took it long enough!” there desperate in Seulgi’s tone. Seulgi grunts as Wendy quickens her pace. “Will you talk to me? Damn it!” Seulgi can’t catch up with Wendy’s fast pace, wondering how that short legs can walk so fast. Jihoon and Amber are approaching her as she says, “Well, have it your way, psycho, but you ain’t invited!”

 

This makes the duo tilting their head. “Invited to what, Seul? What are you talking about?” Amber asks. “My house. New Year’s Day?” “A party, man?” “Bowl games, BBQ and brownies, yeah!” “If I can recover from my party, book me a couch!” “Haha! You got it! I’m booking a bed for you!” As Seulgi talks, they are leaning at the students locker. Seulgi is facing them, but the duo are eyeing themselves. Amber pats Seulgi’s shoulder. “Hey Seul,” “Yeah?” Seulgi answers, putting her hands to her leather jacket’s pocket. “Somebody wants your bad, man.” Seulgi tilts her head. “Who?” They both spins Seulgi on her back, revealing a particular girl eyeing Seulgi like a meat.

 

Im Nayeon.

The school’s prettiest girl after Irene.

As Seulgi takes one step, Irene come by in front of her, blocking her view. “Hi.” Irene greets, smiling. Seulgi nods and smiles halfheartedly, “Hi back.”

“Long time no talk, huh?”

Seulgi shrugs. “Yeah, I been kind of busy.”

“Well, that’s popularity, Seul. It’s real time consuming.”

As Irene talk, Dean is sending signals behind Irene. He mouths ‘roast her’. “Um…. I was thinking that maybe sometime you and I could go to the airplane graveyard?”

 

“You’re not under any contractual obligation to me anymore.” Seulgi snickers, watching Dean laughing silently behind Irene before leaving them. “I wrote a new poem, it’s called ‘Broken Moon’. Um, it’s starts-”

“Why don’t you save it for your college boy?” “I-I wrote it for you..”

Seulgi snorts. “You ignored the Kang Seulgi dork for 17 years. Now you wanna ride on the Kang Seulgi express.” “I don’t wanna ride the Kang Seulgi thing.” Seulgi sighs. “Looks like you’re the only one.” Seulgi says as she looks at Irene’s back. Irene turns at her back. “Who? Nayeon? Oh yeah, she’s a big conquest. She given more rides than a can.” Irene says sarcastically, now resting her right arm on her waist. Seulgi massages her nose bridge before looking at Irene.

 

“Well, at least her ticket won’t cost me five thousand bucks.”

 

Ooh. Fine.

Irene turns at her back, walking away from Seulgi.

Seulgi realizes that her choice of word hurt Irene, she grunts lowly and tries to call Irene. “Irene!” but gets blocked by Nayeon. “Hey, Seulgi.”

 

 

The day has arrived.

Jihoon is throwing a New Year’s party; sadly that Seulgi had to cancel her party because of her parents’ throws a party too but just for adults. Sehun and his friends doing a sleepover party at Chanyeol’s house.

 

People are going in and out from Jihoon’s house; and Irene happens to be there too, but she’s alone. The party is so havoc, until Amber arrives. “Amber is here! Let the fun begin!” and it earns laughs from the people at the party. “God, you’re an , Am.” Jihoon says, patting Amber’s shoulder before going into the house.

 

On the drinks side, Irene pours a drink in her glass. Yeri approaches her, sipping the punch on her glass. “Hey, powerful punch, Yeri,” “Hey, I haven’t poured the punch yet.” Irene nods, as she pours a vodka and drinks it. “Irene, that’s straight vodka….” “I’m fine.” “Great outfit.” “Yeah? Well, I just asked my mom and she said yes. We make a great couple; Me and my outfit.” Irene snorts, drinking the vodka. “Uh. Sorry that Bogum couldn’t come home for the holidays. You must really missed him.” Yeri says, but Irene just nods her head and smiles. Irene may look totally fine outside, but on the inside, she’s not happy. Her heart is still aching about Seulgi.

 

Many of the cliques is showing off their toughness, trying to make the pretty girls oogle at them and you know…… hook up.

It’s a great party, actually; since Jihoon came from a rich family, the food was tasty, the drinks were heavenly good, and the music playing is from the 80s, not like the typical trap or EDM musics. That’s why people love it whenever Jihoon throws a party. Some of them drank too much,

 

Like Irene.

 

Irene’s head is pounding with headache; curse for drinking too much vodka and that punch. She is searching for an empty room, but it is all occupied with couples wanting to have . “I’m so wasted….. you need to lie down, Rene, just for a second..”

 

Irene keeps saying sorry when she accidentally enters a room with people inside and rushes out. She is walking through the bathroom until she hears Seulgi moan.

What?

 

She stops her feet from walking, and peeking at the small opening bathroom door.

 

What she sees next is making her heart breaks.

 

Nayeon sitting at the counter, and Seulgi is busy kissing Nayeon.  “Oh, Seulgi…. I’m so happy…” Nayeon says, biting her lip ily. “I’m going out with the hottest girl on school.” “I am hot. You’re ing y…” Seulgi says sultrily, kissing Nayeon’s jaw. Seulgi tries to take off Nayeon’s tight dress, but Nayeon stops Seulgi’s hand from going further. “No, you won’t respect me..” “I respect you. I’ll make you my queen, baby.” “You do?” moans Nayeon, caressing Seulgi’s shoulder. “I do. This summer, my wish is for you to hold me, in your arms in a sea of deep blue,

Together at last, together as two..”

 

Irene can’t hold it anymore when she heard the poem she made that she leaves the bathroom, crying.

 

 

Jisoo is talking to her friends when she heard knocks at the door. “Excuse me,” she says as she walks to the door and opens it. She is quite shocked when Bogum appeared at the front door. “Pleased to see me?” Bogum greets, hugging Jisoo. “Damn, Bogum! What are you doing here! We missed you!” Bogum lets out a laugh. “It’s New Year’s.” is all he says before going inside the house, joining others.

 

“Hey, guys! It’s 11:27! 33 more minutes!”

 

“Hey Seulgi! Nayeon! Come here, have a brew,” Jihoon says as the couple just went out from….. the bathroom. “Here, have a toast; For true friends…. and a wild lady.” Seulgi toasts with them, drinking the cold brew.

 

Jisoo are showing Bogum around the house. “Check it out, Bogum,” Bogum eyes the living room, sees the clique having a toast. Amber comes from the side, side hugging Bogum. “The man, the mick! What’s up?” Amber greets, high fiveing Bogum. “Am, looking fine man..” Bogum says, now pointing to Seulgi. “Who’s Nayeon’s latest victim?” Amber shakes her head. “Oh, you got it backwards, Bogum. She’s victimizing Nayeon. Kang Seulgi’s nailed every wench in school.” “Kang Seulgi? She couldn’t get nailed in a wood shop. Seriously?” this earns laughs from the other two.

“Well, the girl has reached legendary status this year, bro.” Jisoo says, pointing at the said girl. Bogum chuckles, “That’s real funny. You ain’t a legend until you score the captain of the cheerleaders.” hearing that, Jisoo and Amber avoid Bogum’s gaze. Bogum frowns deepens when he looks at his old friends. “Come on… you’re joking, right? Irene?” the unanswered question makes Bogum fuming. “Hey, no freaking way!” He then grips Amber and Jisoo’s collar. “Come on, Am! Don’t think of holding out on me….. or I’ll kill you.” Jisoo massages his temple, mouthing uh-oh multiple times. That is until Irene walks in to the living room, sees Bogum with Jisoo and Amber. She then takes a deep breath before approaching Bogum. “Bogum!” the latter hears Irene’s voice, quickly walks to her and pulling her the beverages room in front of the living room and shuts the door. As the couple go, Jisoo and Amber are laughing hard. “Let’s go get Jihoon,” the duo approaches Jihoon who is drinking. “Listen up, dude. You’re about to see a drama!” says Amber, making an amused face.

 

Joy is mingling with Yeri at the living room. “Irene and Bogum’s relationship is so totally together.” Yeri pouts, nodding. They are eavesdropping on the other side of the door. “She’s a lawn girl. She makes a few dollar an hour!” “Listen to me first!” “I’m not gonna put up with it!” and suddenly the door opens, revealing a barking mad Bogum. All eyes are at them. Irene walks outside too, looking at Jihoon. “We were faking, okay?” “Bull! We’re done!” “No, it was an act, Bogum, he paid me!”

 

“Then that makes you a e!”

 

With that, Bogum leaves the place. Irene breaks into a cry, and looking at Seulgi who is shocked with what just happened.

 

“YOU!"

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

oohhhh i love cliffhangers

the longest chapter for this story lol bcs the last chapter is too short so I decided to make up for it :p

 

400+ subs! thank you <33333

 

thank you too for upvoting <3