Six

love can't be resolved by money (my love is pure)

 


 

 

After school, Irene is taking Seulgi to Tucker's, the infamous diner in town. High schoolers and people in this town would come here to spend some time together and stuff.

 

Sitting at a booth on the corner of the restaurant, Seulgi looks so dreadful and Irene giving a pity look to the latter. As soon as the waiter bring their food, Seulgi take the sliced pizza carefully not to burn her hands because it is hot.

 

"God, if my blood sugar level was any lower, I'd be a corpse. Thanks for stopping." 

 

Irene flashes a small smile. "No problem. I stop here everyday anyway. Why didn't you eat lunch?"

 

Yes, Seulgi did not eat her lunch in school. Seulgi carefully blow the hot pizza, before telling that 'she's nervous around those guys.' As in cue, the said guys enters the diner. Jennie, Jisoo, and Krystal are exchanging 'hi' 'hello's to Irene as they sit in a booth not so far from them. Seulgi is in verge to bite the slightly warm pizza, stops when Irene calls her. 

 

"Seulgi?"

 

"Yeah?" Seulgi looks at Irene, blinking her eyes cutely. 

 

"Now is your chance. Okay, why don't you go over there and invite them to come over here and join us, okay?" With that, Seulgi puts down the pizza and goes to the football players. When Seulgi arrived at their table, they were all looking at her. Jisoo frowns, and says "Yes? You need help?"

 

Seulgi cleared , because she is so nervous right now. 

 

"Um, come on over to my table. The dinner's on me." 

 

They were all 'whoo'ing after hearing Seulgi's offering. They walks to Irene's and takes all of the sliced pizza, leaving only a piece of pepperoni topping on the pizza pan. They pat Seulgi's shoulder, thanking her before walking back to their booth. Seulgi stands in front of the booth, mouth gaping. She is kinda shocked, and Irene can't hold but laugh hard looking Seulgi's face. Seulgi is in the verge of cry, and Irene patting her shoulders. "It's okay. We can order a new one..." 

 

 

 

Later on night, Seulgi is preparing to go to a party with Irene. Seulgi's outfit for tonight is pretty simple; tucked-in black ripped short sleeve shirt, ash gray bomber jacket, dark blue slim cut jeans and sneakers. 

 

As Seulgi walking downstairs to the living room, Donghae greets her. 

 

"Hey! Different outfit, Seul," 

Seulgi grins cheekily. "Thanks, Dad."

"Hey honey, how's that new microscope?" Seulgi frowns when her mother asks about the telescope. "It's a tele... oh, nevermind. I decided to wait for the big sale." Making a white lie, Seulgi gives her hair one final brush before walking to Sehun on the sofa, playing games on his phone. "Hun-ah, how do I look?" Seulgi makes a gesture to her outfit, wanting to know Sehun's opinion about her outfit. Knowing that Sehun has the best sense of style between the two, Seulgi always asks him and let him suggests what she would wear, considering that Seulgi is into a boyish style instead of the girly style. 

 

Sehun eyes her from top to toe, giving a satisfied look to her sister. "You look great. Where you're going tho?" "Yeah, Seul. Where ya off to?" 

 

Seulgi sits beside Sehun, texting Irene. "I'm going to a party at Jennie Kim's with Irene Bae." "Irene Bae? Senior? Captain of the cheerleaders?" Sehun asks, widening his eyes. Well, how did Sehun knew? It is because Seulgi always talks about her, and that one time when they were going for a picnic on the beach, they saw Irene hanging out with her friends wearing red bikini and damn, she is smoking hot. Sehun can't close his mouth because he is too immersed on his view. He only stops when Seulgi pinched his arm and calling him a ert. Sehun calls Irene 'the most beautiful girl in the history of this country' and it makes Seulgi totally agrees with him. 

 

Seulgi then pat Sehun's cheek, before standing up. "Well, I'm late. I gotta bolt. And I will be back before 12!" With that, she leaves the house. 

 

Seulgi walks to the Bae's residence, before knocking the door. As the door open, Inha appears in front of Seulgi. Inha is quite surprised when she sees Seulgi at her doorstep. "Oh, Seulgi?" "Yes ma'am." "Um..... did I forget to pay you last week?"

 

Seulgi chuckles. "No, ma'am. I'm here to pick up Irene..." Inha quirkes her eyebrow. "Irene?" "Yes, ma'am. Your daughter." "Oh, here she is.." 

 

Seulgi almost tripped when she saw Irene. Irene's outfit is simple yet perfect. White tucked-in shirt, black denim jeans with black wedges heels. Irene hurriedly closes the door, taking Seulgi with her to get out of the house. "Irene, I didn't get a chance to say good-bye to your mother..." "Tch. She will get over it." Suddenly, Irene stops her feet, and Seulgi almost hit her because she's following Irene in tow. 

 

Irene looks at her left and right, looking for something. "Something's wrong?" Seulgi asks, and Irene turn around before facing Seulgi. "Yes, something's wrong!" Irene scoffs, and her hands points to the empty cark park in front of her. She then folds her arms, making an irritated face. "Seulgi, I'm usually picked up in some sort of mechanized transportation! God, Seulgi.." The said girl just bit her lip. "I'm sorry... it's just— it's a nice night, Irene. It's only a few blocks..." They both walking to Irene's garage. "I'm not going on a nature walk. I can't believe I let you negotiate a Saturday night. I mean, what? We had lunch all week together, I stood near you in the hall, I even took you out for pizza! AND I waved to you at the game yesterday, I mean, Saturday night was not part of our deal, Seulgi." Irene bickers and she's fuming right now. She's feeling stressed because of school, cheerleading, and stuffs. Irene is becoming short-tempered on Seulgi whenever they were together. Irene looked perfect in front of everyone, but she's a normal human being when she is with Seulgi. Irene didn't know why she let Seulgi sees the 'bad' side of her. Especially when her own boyfriend, Bogum, did not contact Irene at all. Irene can't stop feeling insecure and afraid that Bogum will fell for any girl he met at his university. To conclude this, Bogum didn't contact Irene at all. She just don't know why; but she just let the walls of 'perfection' and 'flawless' Irene Bae being torn down when she's with Seulgi.

 

They both then arrived in front of Irene's car, entering the car. 

 

"Bogum hasn't called?" Seulgi asks, not wanting to stress Irene more. But unfortunately, the query makes Irene more stress than she is now. Irene then grunts, slamming the door a bit harder making Seulgi flinched a bit. "I don't think that is any of you business, Kang." Irene lets a grunt, turning on the car engine. 

 

Seulgi bit her lip, not going to let Irene be like this. It's only a week of their 'relationship', and it's starting to be like in the verge of breakups? No, Seulgi won't allow it. She wants to cheer up Irene, and that is what she is trying to do these days. Doing aegyo, making lame jokes, and it sometimes makes Irene amused with her jokes. And boy, it does made Seulgi relieved. 

 

"Irene, here Bogum was a big-time football star. But there he's just a freshman trying to make it." Seulgi says with a low tone, looking at Irene who is massaging her temple. "Hey." Seulgi says again, and Irene looks at her. "I'm sure he's thinking about you, Irene." Irene sighs heavily. "I'm sorry." Seulgi chuckles. "Sorry? Hey, I'm the one that forgot my dad's car. Hmm.... it's just that I haven't had that many dates in the last 16, or 17 years....?" Irene laughs and Seulgi is grinning, happy to see Irene laughing. 

 

Ah. Music to my ears.

 

Irene drove the car, going to Jennie's. 

 

 

 

-

Meanwhile in Kai's house, Dal is extremely bored and she decides to ask questions to Kai.

 

"What's a two-word phrase for late and inconsiderate?

 

"Oh, oh oh! I got it! Uh, Kang Seulgi."

 

Kai and Dal laughing hard at their own antics. Wendy is laughing and shaking her head, totally fed up with them. "Hysterical. She will be here."

 

"Yeah, she's probably having a late lunch with Irene. The least he could have done is drop off the dip and chips." Kai snorts, drinking his beer. 

 

They are sighing, waiting for Seulgi that obviously not going to come.

 

 

 

-

At the party, Jihoon were showing off his biceps, crumpling the empty Pepsi can in front of the gawking Hyeri. "So, what's the real reason why they call you Big Jihoon?" Jihoon then smirks before closing the distance between them. "Well, how about I show you....?" They were about to kiss, before Seulgi came by and pat Jihoon's shoulder and he's almost tripped. Jihoon grunts, and Hyeri is leaving him. He then grunts, and squints his eyes on Seulgi. 

 

"Hey, great game yesterday, Jihoon!" "Oh, thanks Seulgi!" Says Jihoon, grinning. "Um, did you brought Irene here?" "Yes, we came from her house together." "Well, anyway, think you cam handle a brew?" "Sure, you got an A&W?" Jihoon then laughs, pats Seulgi's shoulder. "Haha, you're a funny guy though." Jihoon then makes a discomfort face. "Hey. You're alright?" Seulgi asks, her voice is full of concern. "Seul, I gotta let it go." Jihoon grunts, "I mean, bad. Oh, but there's no need to be panic...." He then walking backwards to the open window. He's obviously gonna fart..... 

 

Everyone in the room hears Jihoon and starts to leave the room. "Uh, don't panic, because Choi Jihoon is a socially responsible human being.." he said, and a loud sound is heard. Seulgi then makes a discomfort face and leaves the room hurriedly.

 

Seulgi now heads to the living room, and picking two Pepsi cans. As in cue, Irene approaches her. "Hey." "Hi." Irene then stands beside Seulgi, closely. "Seul, people are starting to buy this." Seulgi tilts her head, looking at Irene. "Oh yeah? Do you want to make them to feel that we are an item?" Irene pursed her lips. "How?"

 

Taking that as a yes, Seulgi takes her left arm and holds Irene's hand. She then entwining their hands, holding it in a firm yet soft grip. Seulgi then takes them outside, to the backyard. 

 

People were the fullest there, waiting for the fireworks that Jennie installed and it will starts at anytime now. 

 

Seulgi then looks at the starry sky, waiting for the fireworks. 

But Seulgi didn't realized that Irene is blushing hard and try to keep her lips to form a fluttering heart smile. Irene's heartbeat feels so weird— it's making her feels the feeling when Seulgi took off her baseball hat. Irene keep looking at the ground ever since Seulgi holds her hand.

 

The fireworks show is starting.

 

"Waaahhh! It's so pretty!" Seulgi looks so happy, looking at the beautiful sky. Irene then lifts her head, looking at her side. 

 

Seulgi is smiling widely, showing her white teeth. Her cheekbones is showing, and it is right to conclude that Seulgi looks so happy right now. 

 

And it is a warm feeling to see Seulgi like that.

 

Seulgi then looks at Irene, with that same smile, and same feelings. 

 

They hold an eye contact for a long time.

 

Irene thought in her heart,

 

 

"Seulgi...................

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I think I like you."