Fifteen (FINAL)

love can't be resolved by money (my love is pure)

 

 

 

 

The last chapter, guys. The last chapter.

 

 

 

Irene is in Sephora, trying some tester at the shop. She is trying a new product of highlighter until someone pat her shoulder from the back. When she turns on her back, Sehun is glaring on her.

 

“You nuked my sister.” Sehun spat, folding his hands on his torso. “What?” Irene asks, didn’t know what the boy is talking about. “You took her from geek status to queen status, and now no status?” Sehun says as he waves his left hands through the air, frowning. Irene makes a knowing face.

 

Oh.

 

 

Irene rolls her eyes, jabbing her forefinger to Sehun’s chest. “Kang Sehun, right? She’s resorted to sending her messenger boy?” Irene scoffs, making Sehun snorts. “Boy? I see no boy here. I was wandering the mall until I saw you in here. I’m not a messenger, but I need to tell you something while I’m here now.” “Tell me what? I don’t give a about what you’re going to say, so--” Irene says, placing the tester back into their place as she is in the urge to leave the place, facing the other way but the words got cut off by Sehun.

 

 

 

“She really likes you. You know that?”

 

 

And it made Irene stop her feet from moving.

 

Watching Irene flinched a bit from his words, Sehun smirks triumphantly.

 

“You knew it.” Sehun lets out a satisfied sigh as he slowly grab Irene’s arm to face him. “You know, since she was a little girl, she’s the most caring person I’d ever known in my life. She always takes care of me when I’m such a klutz when I was a kid, and she never gets mad at me, except on that day… but the real thing is, I’ve never seen she cares about something as much as she cares about you. Just…. don’t break her heart. I know she had done that awful thing to you when you both decided to keep that as a secret between you two but you did broke the secret and told everyone at the party when you’re drunk but….. just want you to know that she really likes you. She’ll never give up. And I know you will too.” is all Sehun says before patting Irene’s shoulder, walking away from her. “Oh, and by the way,

 

That is Seulgi’s favourite bracelet you’re wearing.” Sehun points at Irene’s left arm, the purple bracelet on Irene’s wrist.

 

 

 

 

Irene is not moving at all from her place for a few minutes, thinking hard and still kinda shocked of what Sehun just said to her.

 

 

--

 

 

Later on that night, Seulgi is in her room, studying like she usually do on her study table. Whispering calculations, flipping through books to find answers, some frustrated groans were released, head scratching until she decided to take out her phone and starts to search for a picture in her phone. Seulgi lets out a sad smile when she looked at the picture.

 

The picture is taken on the airplane graveyard, Seulgi made her eye smile and Irene flashes a grin, revealing her perfect white teeth. Seulgi then traces her finger on Irene’s face, missing that person so bad. That longing feeling.

 

 

 

Meanwhile in Bae’s residence, Irene is laying on her chest, writing poem until a knock is heard from her door, revealing her mother when the latter enters the room. “Joohyun? There’s a call for you on my line. Somebody named Seulmi…”

Irene lets a sigh, shrugging. “I don’t know anybody named Seulmi. Tell them I’m out of the country or something.” “Okay, sweetie.” is all Inha says as she leaves the room. Irene stares down for a while. Of course she knew who it is. Irene put her pen down, before gets her body out from the bed.

 

 

I know she’s in the country, Mrs. Bae, I saw her today.”

 

As on cue, Irene walks to her mom who is talking on the phone.

 

“Well girl, my daughter doesn’t know anything named-- Seulgi, is that you? Why did you say your name is Seulmi?”

 

The other line, Seulgi is quiet for a while before saying, “Uh… I guess I made a mistake, good night.” with that, Seulgi ends the call.

 

Inha turns at her back when she saw Irene walking down the stairs. “Mom, what did she say?” Irene asks, curious is written all in her face. Inha makes a contorted face before lets out a sigh. “First, she’s a geek. Then, she starts to go out with you. And then she’s a geek again. Honey, I don’t know what a geek is.” “I guess, at the present time, a geek is Kang Seulgi.” Irene snorts, making hatred expression. “Who says, honey? Hmm?” Inha asks, eyeing her daughter lovingly. And boy,

 

Irene is speechless.

 

 

 

 

The next day, is Sunday. Of course, anyone wants to get some sleep longer to top up the previous sleepless days of working overtime and waking up too early for school. Everyone includes Irene, wants to get a bit of longer sleep time but is interrupted by a loud whirring sound of lawn mower engine. This makes the light sleeper Bae Irene wakes up frustratingly and eyes the clock on her nightstand; 5;50 AM. Irene widens her eyes as she runs to the window to look on what is making her beauty sleep got disturbed. Irene’s eyes was wide like a saucer when she sees Seulgi drives her mower and singing some songs loudly, as loud as the mower. “What the hell!” is all she says before sprinting out of her room to her front yard.

 

Seulgi is driving the mower too bipolar that early morning, and hitting the break when Irene is in front of her. “Would you stop it?! Stop it! The neighbors, man! Listen, all right? Wha-- Hold on! Just turn it off!” Irene shouts when Seulgi didn’t listen to her but Seulgi did stop her engine and gets out from the mower. Irene is fuming as she points a finger in front of Seulgi’s face.

 

“My mother was calling the police, until I told her you had a chemical imbalance and you are seeking psychiatric help!” Irene yells frustratedly, making Seulgi flinched a bit. “I need to talk to you,” Seulgi panting, desperate is obvious in her tone. Irene lets out a sigh. “Fine.” “Every time I called, you were either taking a bath, went out to salon or you were out of the country. Huh, that’s a good one, by the way,” Seulgi spats with a sarcastic tone when the lame excuses being told. “I tried to get you alone at school, but I got a month’s detention!--” “Yeah, you’re so ‘big’ on bathrooms, aren’t you?!” Irene shouts, folding her arms, eyes widen, and is blinded by anger right now. Seulgi lets out a stressed sigh, as she eyes Irene. “Irene, just hear me out. And then I’ll leave you alone, okay?” begs Seulgi, hands clasping. Irene know that she’ll hate this, but she actually nods, wanting to hear what Seulgi is going to say.

 

“You- you demolished me on New Year’s Eve.” Seulgi stops for a while, taking a deep breath before continues, “But you see, I realize you did me a favor. You brought me to reality, but all I ever wanted to do is to get close to you! And then, when I finally got there, it wasn’t me anymore. Irene, oh….. Irene… I was just hoping we can sort this out, you know? Just the real me, with the real you, that’s all..” Seulgi says, and biting her lip, holding her tears that is falling non stop. Seulgi then turns her head up to Irene, who is gazing at her now softly, but still folding her arms on her chest. “Fine. But not at 6:00 in the morning,” is all Irene says, before turning away to enter her house. “Okay then, I’ll come back at 11,” Seulgi says, making Irene turns her body to her. Irene lets out a sad smile. “I’ll be… went out to salon… out of the country.” Seulgi averted her gazes to the grass on her feet instead. “Heh. That’s my favourite one.” Seulgi laughs weakly, now pushing the mower. “Tell your mom I’m sorry!” is Seulgi says before leaving the residence.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The following day, at school, Joy is doing some math exercises with a help from that someone at their own cliques’ table on recess. Joy lets a sigh when she finally done the question, now facing the person beside her. “Is that right?”

 

Wendy who is sitting beside her, checking the question Joy answers and lets out a firm nod. “Good job, Joy.” “Really?? Oh my god!” Joy says happily, hugging the shorter girl. They both giggles and Wendy replies the former’s hug. “Thanks so much, I swear, I don’t know what would I have done without you, really.” Joy says, giggling. “No problem, really.Just take your time and follow the steps, okay?” Wendy replies, scratching her head awkwardly before flashes a smile to Joy.

 

Meanwhile at the other cliques table, the football and other games players are whispering and eyeing Wendy from their tables. Jihoon and Jisoo is eyeing them, too until Amber comes to sit with them. “What’s up, guys?” “Hey, nerd alert, man. She’s in our quadrant too.” Jisoo says, pointing to the said girl. “Son Wendy with Park Joy? No way!” Jihoon says, shaking her head. Amber suddenly slams her hand to the table, making the other two flinched a bit. “Son Wimpy Wendy is trying to pull a Kang Seulgi scam on us. She’s probably trying to pay Joy off!” Jisoo pats Amber’s shoulder. “Relax, man. She’s harmless.” “That’s it. I’m kicking her to the minor leagues.” is all Amber says before standing up and walking to Wendy and Joy. “Hey, be cool, man….” “Hey, calm down..” Jihoon and Jisoo tries to calm Amber but nah, Amber ignores their words making Jisoo facepalming herself. “She’s gonna make a fool of herself…”

 

 

“What do you think you’re doing over here, twimp?” Amber asks, as she grab a full of Wendy’s collar shirt on her hand, making the other girl shocked because of the sudden pull. The ruckus causes attention to all the students at the cafeteria. “Helping her with some math, can’t you see it?” Amber lets out a mocking laugh hearing Wendy’s replies. “Bull! You trying to pull a Kang Seulgi scam, aren’t you?” “A what?” “You better get back to your own side, before I send you back to Geeksville in a milk carton!”

 

Seulgi is watching the fight from the start, fuming with anger when Amber gripped Wendy like that.

 

Irene who is watching too, turns at her back to Jihoon and Jisoo. “Would you guys do something??” Irene hissed, but the other two seems to make a sorry face to Irene.

 

The attention suddenly on Seulgi as she quickly stands up from her seat and taking a baseball bat from the cliques’ table and walking to Amber and Wendy. “Hey! Let her go!” Amber then laughs mockingly as she says, “Oh, return of the living dread!” “Why don’t you lay off?!” “Why don’t you go back to where you belong, hose head?” Amber shouts, eyes widen. Seulgi’s eyes is drawing holes on Amber’s eyes, as she lets out a venomous tone. “Take your hands off Wendy, or I’ll break your arm. Your pitching arm!” Seulgi says, with gritted teeth. “Oh yeah? Well, don’t make me laugh, lawn girl!” Amber says mockingly, and it makes Seulgi’s temper has risen.

 

“Let go.”

 

It didn’t take seconds until Seulgi hits the table beside them with full force using the baseball bat.

 

“NOW!” Seulgi shouts, and it makes everyone that watches them flinched a bit,and Amber did too, letting go of Wendy harshly. They are now head to head, glaring each other like cats wants to fight.

 

Seulgi snorts. “You broke your arm once before, remember? You fell out of our tree house. Wendy picked you up, and we carried you twelve blocks to the hospital--” “Yeah, you cried all the way.” Wendy slips in the story, laughing. Seulgi stops a bit before continuing, “We were all friends then, remember? And now you want to end her life because she’s talking to Joy on your side of cafeteria!

 

 

Oh man, that’s stupid. I know, because that’s where I wanted to be. On your side, with the cliques, but I messed up. You see, I tried to buy my way in… but Wendy… she’s not trying to buy anybody’s attention. She’s just trying to make friends, being herself. Cools, nerds, your side, my side, man that’s all bull! It’s just tough enough to be yourself.”

 

 

 

 

Seulgi then hands the bat to Amber. She then turns to her back, approaching Wendy, patting her shoulder a few times. “It’s all right.” before leaving the cafeteria bringing her lunch with her. Amber then lets out a long sigh, eyeing Wendy with guilty all over her face. “I’m sorry, buddy.” Wendy shakes her head, patting Amber’s shoulder. “It’s okay, Am.” as they exchange handshakes, the people who was watching them clapping their hands, cheering and hollering on Seulgi’s brave act.

 

Irene who is watching too, lets out a smile as she eyes Seulgi leaving the cafeteria.

 

 

 

Way to go, Seulgi.

 

 

 

 

 

--

 

 

Ever since that day, Seulgi’s relationship with everyone has been…… repaired, I guess? They are starting to accept Seulgi by saying hi to her, or invite her to their party or hanging out with them.

 

Wendy? Well, their friendship is growing stronger then ever. Although it is Seulgi who cries the most when Wendy suddenly rings the bell on Seulgi’s house and tells her that she forgives her, she’s glad that Seulgi is back with her again. It’s better then ever.

 

Although the popularity hits Seulgi again, her heart didn’t waver and she often brings her other nerd friend together when they eat lunch together or hanging out at Tucker’s together, the cliques welcomes them fully. And thankfully, the nerd didn’t need to sit at the visitors’ section again when the big games are playing at their school field.

 

 

Even though everything is back to normal and things are getting better day by day, but not to Seulgi and Irene. They exchanges greetings and such, but they never talks about something more than a minute and Wendy always mocks Seulgi by saying ‘go sweep her off the floor and tell her that you loved her’ but this is Seulgi we are talking.

 

 

 

That evening.

 

 

 

Seulgi is mowing lawns on a very hot day, driving the mower on the houses until it arrives at Bae’s residence. Seulgi is just arrived at the front yard when Irene walks out of the house, wearing an outfit that is accidentally matching with Seulgi’s outfit that day. Seulgi stops her mower’s engine, looking at Irene walking closer to her.

 

Thump. Thump.

 

 

Irene’s effect on Seulgi never gets old. It’s like her first time encounters with Irene.

 

Seulgi flashes a smile when Irene hands her this month’s mowing payment. “This should cover it.” Irene says, smiling. Seulgi takes the money, inserting into her pocket. “Hey, Irene?”

“Yeah?” Irene replies, looking at Seulgi. “You’re free tonight?” Irene nods. “Yeah. Why?” “Can I take you to the airplane graveyard? Just the two of us. I’ll pick you up at 8.” Irene silents for a while, before nodding. “Okay. See you later.” is all she says before walking into her house again. After the house door has been closed, Seulgi jumps excitedly. “Yes! Yes!!!!!! Whoooooo!!!” and the bear is doing weird dances and without realizing that Irene is watching her from the windows. “Dork.” Irene giggles, eyeing Seulgi who is doing a happy dance.

 

 

 

Later on that night, Seulgi wears a simple outfit; Jordan shoes, a black denim jeans, white t shirt and a green bomber jacket. Seulgi singing happily as she droves Donghae’s Cadillac. As Seulgi arrives at the house, Irene is already waiting at the doorstep. Irene’s outfit is quite breathtaking for Seulgi; black leather jacket and it makes the butterflies in her stomach fluttering when Irene flashes the brightest smile, even brighter from Seulgi’s future (lol I’m being a bipolar) as she enters the car. “Hey.” Irene greets, and it is enough to make Seulgi gaping . “H-Hey. Um, great outfit you got there. Is it your mom’s?” Seulgi asks, laughing when Irene smacks her arm. “Let’s go, shall we?”

 

 

 

 

 

“We are here.” Seulgi says, as she opens her door before walks to the passenger door, opens it for Irene. “Come on,” Seulgi says, and Irene slowly walks out of the car. Looking at the surrounding, it is so familliar. The quiet road, everything. But looking at the high wall, where’s the old barn?

 

“Um, where’s the--”

“The barn was destroyed when I was feeling out of norm one night, if you’re wondering. I’m in my mood swing as I destroyed the barn, and I suddenly realized my stupid actions. My mind was like, ‘how am I going to bring Irene here next time?’ so I stole a ladder from my own house and voila, here we are,” Seulgi explains, reaching her hands to Irene. “Take my hand.” is all she says before the other holds Seulgi’s hand and climbs the ladder together.

 

 

The two is now leaning against the high wall behind them, watching the airplanes. After a few minutes of silence, Seulgi decides to break it. “Irene?”

“Yes?”

“C-Can I hold your hand?”

It’s not like they never held hands together, but that night is different. Seulgi then reaches her hand to Irene’s, slowly entwining it. They both tighten their holds, looking at the hands.

 

“I’m sorry. For everything. I shouldn’t do that. The thing with Nayeon. I swear that we were kissing, and that’s it.” Seulgi says, her voice is low like a whisper. Irene shakes her head cutely, pouting, hung her head low. “No. I’m sorry. I shouldn’t embarrass you in front of other people. I’m a jerk, right?” Irene sighs, as Seulgi held her chin up, gazing softly on Irene. “No. You’re not.”

 

Seulgi is eyeing Irene’s tempting lips as the latter did the same.

“Irene….. I like you. So much.” Seulgi finally confesses, smiling when Irene smiles.

Their faces is only inches away, and it takes only seconds before their lips are brushing each other, until--

 

 

“Hey! What are you kids doing here?!”

 

 

 

A distinct voice shouting from afar is heard by them, and Irene silently grunts as she turns her head and sees a man from afar, running to them. Seulgi gasps in shock as she realizes the guard’s presence. “! It’s the security guards!” Seulgi shrieks, as she stands up and Irene follows suit. Seulgi is placing one feet on the ladder but get stopped by Irene. “Wait! Okay, so let’s get this deal straight one last time!” “God! Can’t this wait??? We’re gonna get caught now!” Seulgi says, seriously feels like crying right now. “No! Can you relax?” As Irene shouts, the guard is getting closer. Seulgi widens her eyes on Irene like the shorter had thorns on her head. Seulgi grunts, “Okay, fine!” “You can have Saturday nights, but only if you ask me in advance, deal?” Irene says, making sure that the taller is nodding her head. Absolutely.

 

 Seulgi is losing it when the siren at the airplane graveyard is hollering, she just nods drastically and tugs Irene’s arms. “Fine, fine, can we go now??” with that, Seulgi hurriedly lifts Irene to climb the ladder before her.

 

After the duo climbs down from the ladder and gets in the car quickly, Seulgi clumsily turning on the engine and leaving the place, Irene is laughing too much that her cheek is hurting and places her hands on her stomach. Seulgi frowns, glancing at Irene before looking back to the road. “Oh my god, I can’t believe that you’re having fun right now. It was a close call!” Seulgi whines, pouting. Irene wipes her watery eyes before cooing on Seulgi. “Aww, don’t be like that…. you’re so cute. Like a bear. My baby bear~” and boy, it made Seulgi blushing hard. “Am not.” Seulgi denies, still blushing.

 

Irene pokes Seulgi’s cheek, and it made the latter glares playfully at Irene. The car stops on a traffic light. Seulgi faces Irene, with a serious face. Irene swears that the taller didn’t look so charming right now that she didn’t feel her heart beating faster. Not at all.

 

“You’re not answering my confession.”

 

Irene sighs happily, as she bring her hands to pull Seulgi’s collar and making the latter close to her. Seulgi hitched her breath when Irene closes their gap and their lips locked, slowly molding their lips. The kiss was short and sweet; Seulgi could taste the lip balm that Irene wears. Seulgi nibbles on Irene’s lower lip, before Irene slowly pulls away. Their foreheads are touching each others, as Irene softly says, “I like you too. So much.”

 

The car honking behind makes the couple realizes that the traffic light has gone green, but they don’t care as the newly couple grunts heavily and breaking the contact. Seulgi drives off and honking back to the car. Seulgi can’t stop smiling when she glances at Irene who is staring her back, giggling. She still can’t believe that Irene, her long time crush is hers now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Oh my god. This story has come to its end! I’m not crying I’m not crying I’m notㅠㅠ Thank you for reading this story, I had a great time making this story and to be honest, I can’t believe that this story brought up many attention from you guys, I’m touched ㅠㅠ i kinda wanna write another story but nah so thank you for subscribing, commenting and voting this story!! i thank you guys a lot, words can’t describe how thankful i am to you guys! So, this is the last time I’m telling everyone that...

 

 

You guys are swag!