One

love can't be resolved by money (my love is pure)

i am bad at writing the first chapter tho so pls skip to the next chapter if you find this chapter is soo boring xD

 

 


 

 

It was what they call it; the end of Summer. 

It was scorching hot, and you hardly see kids playing in the playground. 

Living in a quite big neighbourhood, Seulgi is making money with mowing lawns at people's lawns herself and it enough for her to buy her things. She have a lot of money in her hands because she has been doing this for a few years.

Like today.

Seulgi is doing her job; well, she had a lawn mower that have a seat and she drives it for a few hours now. She's drenched in sweat, exhausted is all written on her face.

Deciding to take a rest, she stops the mower and sits under the big tree in front of someone's residence. She takes off her baseball cap, and releasing those beautiful brown hair. She then takes off her glasses and wiping those beads of sweats in her face before wearing the cap back. 

Taking a 15 minutes rest, she decides to read her favourite novel, 'To Kill A Mockingbird'. (Highly recommended!) She reads it while listening to her indie mixtape, and it is a definition of peace for Seulgi.

Not until she heard screams from three blocks away; —not horrified screams, but annoying screams and whining. And it's so loud.

Hearing that, Seulgi suddenly puts the bookmark on where she stop reading and standing up before walking to her mower. 

Suddenly, a white BMW Series with a loud music playing in the car were getting closer and parked into one of the house's porch in the neighbourhood. And it happens to park in Bae's house, —which is where Seulgi takes her rest.

Seulgi is starting to get 'busy' repairing her mower (to look like she's doing her work, actually) while secretly glancing someone in front of her. 

Bae Irene. The hottest girl in school. Damn, Seulgi had a crush on her since when? Kindergarten? For as long as she know, she had a crush on Irene since Seulgi set her eyes on the latter.

"My hair is such in a mess!," whined Joy, Irene's best friend.

"What about my clothes?" Irene asked, getting out of the car. Her another friend, Yeri nicely takes all of Irene's clothes that she just bought and joined by Joy. And then they mumbled something that Seulgi didn't hear.

As the three girls are heading to Irene's house...

"We're so bad," Joy starts the words.

"We're so cool," Yeri replied.

"Mess with us, you'll be a fool!" Irene ends it with shrieking and arrogant voice. But Seulgi didn't mind. Irene's voice is like a music to her ears.

And then Joy continues, "um, We got the school..." "No no no," Irene cuts Joy, words before saying, "We've got the teams, we've got the class... uh... uh.." "But on the field, we'll kick your !" Joy and Yeri said it,—no, they shouts it; together and sometimes Seulgi thinks that they had telepathy or what? 

 

Seulgi thinks that this is the chance to greet them, so she waved her right hand and said, "Hi, girls." But they didn't say hi back at all and continues their bickering and talking about boys and clothes. 

 

Seulgi lets a soft sigh before checking her mower. Maybe she's nobody to them. Well of course— they were the hottest girls and Seulgi is just some nerd that often gets bullied by her seniors, so what would she expect?

 

"My mom's gonna freak out when she realizes her daughter uses all of her money in her credit card." "She is." Joy replied, with a shrug.

 

"Hi girls!" A nicely dressed woman comes out from the house and hugs the trio. She's Mrs. Bae Inha, Irene's mother. Mrs. Bae was a succesful model in Korea before deciding to retire from modelling world and taking care of her family instead. 

 

Seulgi likes being on Bae's residence. It has a bigger lawn more than anyone's house and the richest family in this neighbourhood because Irene's father, works as an ambassador and he always on duty out of the country. Seulgi adores this family a lot, Irene's parents knows Seulgi too, but Irene looks at her as a 'freak', a 'nobody' and a 'loser' too. And it makes Seulgi sad.

 

"Wait 'til you see this new dress Irene bought!" Yeri complained, and making the smile on Mrs. Bae's face fade away. And it adds frown when Joy said, "It is to die for" "You're gonna love 'em!" 

 

"My credit card please," Mrs. Bae reached her hands forward, wanting those credit card. "Yeah, yeah, wait for a bit, would you, Mom?" Irene rummaging in her Chanel purse and giving those credit cards to her mother. Mrs. Bae's frown deepen as she said, "Irene, I thought I said only the Neiman Marcus card-" "But Mother, school starts on Tuesday." Irene cuts her mother's words with a kiss on her mother's cheek. 

 

"Irene, this is what I'm talking about; responsibility. Honey, you're a senior now. Why can't you be more mature like the Kang girl, huh?" 

 

Shock written in Irene's face as she looks at Seulgi in front of her house, repairing her lawn mower.

 

And at that time, the oil tank from the mower suddenly splashed on Seulgi, dirtied her face and shirt. A gasp released on Seulgi's mouth as she wiped her glasses and her face dramatically. "That's okay," she kept reminding herself as she takes a deep breath. 

 

Looking at Seulgi, Irene, Joy and Yeri lets a laugh until they stomach hurt and said, "Oh, Mother, get serious." with that, they enter the house. Mrs. Bae scoffs, and said, " 'Get serious'? God!" She whined before closing the door. 

 

Seulgi lets a sigh, again, before turning on the mower engine and proceeds to her house.