Eight

Untitled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Who are you texting with? Your girlfriend?" you jump a bit upon hearing Mina's voice next to you.

"Ah, Mina? I thought you were walking with the others.." you see Dahyun, Momo and Sana are chatting in front of you.

"I was just wondering where you were. Wouldn't want you to get lost, right?" Mina teases, smiling sweetly at you.

"Hahaha.. With you around, I shouldn't have to worry, right?" you chuckle, teasing her back playfully.

 

Mina's smile gets brighter, she hops lightly while holding her hands behind her body while the light breeze blows her hair as she moves gracefully. You watch her for a while from behind, momentarily stunned by her beauty.

 

"Oppa, let's go." She turns around and calls you gently, snapping you back to reality.

"Yeah, I'm coming." you match your steps with her. "You seem happy today, something good happens?" you ask.

She shakes her head, "Not really, maybe because it's the weekend."

"Tough week, huh?" you ask

"At least it was for you.." Mina says, facing you with a concerned look.

"Huh?" you furrow your brows

"You worked hard this past few days, right? Even when we met at the cafe last time, you were working there." she pouts when she says that.

"Oh, right!" you exclaim, forgetting how tired you have felt the whole day.

"Oppa.. You should really sleep more." she genuinely sounds worried now.

"I'm feeling fine now actually. Perhaps because I'm talking to you, Minari.." you give her a playful grin.

Turning away shyly, she says softly, "Are you sure it's not because you're just texting your girlfriend just now?"

You look at your phone briefly, Nayeon's last message is still hanging there. "I don't have any girlfriend right now." you answer her honestly. It's been 3 years since your last serious girlfriend; one of the reasons why you drowned yourself into your work.

"Oh, I thought you were texting your girlfriend in US." she looks back at you with a pout on her lips.

"Minariii.. Let's go home now." before you can respond, Momo calls out to Mina. You look up, seeing that you've reached the road junction where you'll go to different direction.

"Oppa, let's go quickly! You need to catch up on your sleep!" Dahyun puts her hands around , calling you loudly.

"Coming! Well.. I'll see you later, oppa." with that, Mina quickens her pace to catch up with her housemates.

 

You watch Mina as she leaves you by the side of the road. Letting out a sigh, you walk towards your cousin and go back home.

 

- the next day -

 

You wake up past midday with the sunlight sneaking in through the crack of your window. You cover your eyes with the palm of your hand, hoping it will enable you to get a bit more time to sleep. After Mina's asking you of your girlfriend, your mind is suddenly filled with your own past. 'Dammit..' you think to yourself as you finally get up, deciding that sleep will not come easily to you after all.

 

You met her in college when you ended up dating her for 2 years. 'Sally...' you thought of her name as you wash up. Sally was a Chinese American, a very pretty girl who is slightly awkward when you first met. Her stunning beauty made her termendously popular back in the days, however she seemed unapproachable due to her cold demeanour. Many students knew her, some guys barely have it in them to stop gawking at her whenever she passed thro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter