Seventeen

Untitled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“One cappucinno, sir.”

 

You snap your head towards barista who is handing out a cup of freshly brewed cappucinno. Bowing a little in gratitude as you accept the warm cup, you head towards an empty table at the side of the little café. You take a sip as you stare out the window, the temperature has dropped quite a lot lately and people have started to wear their thick coats around the city. The cappucinno tastes slightly different today since your favourite barista is nowhere to be seen; Chaeyoung almost always takes your order whenever you visit the café with her brightly dimply eyes and sharp mischievous glint in her eyes. Since she is quite close in age with Dahyun, you can’t help but to treat her as your younger sister as well with all the bickering and teasing as you see each other.

‘Everything will be fine..’ you think silently to yourself as you take a deep breath to calm yourself down. Waiting is your little pet peeves, especially when you have something you need to get out of your chest. Glancing at your watch, you notice how your habit makes time seemingly slowing down around you. ‘She should be here soon.’ you try to convince yourself.

 

*TING-A-LING*

 

The sound of the bells announcing an incoming guest almost make you jump from your seat; a woman in yellow coat just walk into the café and look around as if she is looking for someone. You observe her from your seat as she begins to take off her coat slowly.

 

”Momoring!” you finally call out after finally able to see her face.

”Oh, oppa!” she approaches you with her coat hanging on one hand.

”Please, have a seat.” you stand up and offer her the seat right across from yours. “Would you like anything to drink?” you ask.

”Uh.. hot chocolate?” she answers.

 

You nod and make your way towards the counter to place her order while letting her to settle down on her own for the time being. As you wait for her order being made, you try to clear out your mind from the nervousness you feel. You have been trying to talk privately with Momo ever since the night of your drunken stupor with her to no avail. Momo is a busy girl; it seems that she has been practicing for an upcoming performance with her crew. You throw a glance at Momo’s direction who is now sitting by herself while looking out the window, wondering how should you open this conversation.

 

“Your hot chocolate.” you set down the cup in front of her.

”Thank you, oppa.” Momo turned her gaze away from the window.

You take a seat and offer her a sympathetic smile, "How's the dance practice?"

"Been quite busy, what's with the performance drawing near." Momo answers after taking a sip out of her cup.

"When is it, exactly?

"In a month or so.."

"You still have the same partner?"

"He is currently injured and has to rest for a whole week." Momo answers with a hint of amusement in her tone.

"Ah.. I'm.. sorry to hear that." you say with uncertainty in your voice.

"Don't be. I was pretty relieved when you showed up last time." Momo smiles at you. "Thank you, really."

You nod awkwardly, unsure of how to respond properly. "Momo, I.." you stop yourself for a moment, hoping what comes next would not ruin your friendship with the girl in front of you. "I'm sorry for what happens afterwards."

 

Momo gives you a puzzled look while trying to process what y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter