Eleven

Untitled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun's Story

 

Dahyun wakes up to the smell of coffee in the morning. 'That's unusual..' adjusting her eyes towards her surrounding, she groans to the dull pain stemming from her body sores. Working in the kitchen really takes a whole lot of her endurance on top of the numerous wounds popping out of nowhere on a daily basis. One of the reason why Dahyun truly cherishes her off days, aside from getting a chance to recuperate, is the freshly made coffee she could enjoy from her cousin. Getting out of the bed with a muffled groan, Dahyun sees her cousin is sipping on his coffee seemingly getting lost in thought.

 

"Good morning, oppa.." she says in a weak voice.

"Oh, morning, Tofu.. Care to have a cup?" he asks calmly with an instant smile on his face.

"Hmm.. Since that's the reason why I got up." she replies in a sleepy voice. Her cousin gets up and fixes her morning caffeine in silent. "Thank you, oppa."

"You should have slept in more instead." he starts teasing after having a better look on Dahyun's face while she drinks her coffee.

"What about you? Last night was your first day working in the bar, no?" she asks. After a drunken night with your friend, he got the job in the bar where he got smashed. Last night was his first shift working, hence Dahyun has no idea how he could manage to wake up earlier than her.

"It was." he lets out a sigh, "I only slept for a couple hours and woken up out of the blue. Cannot get back to sleep, so I made coffee instead." he says non-chalantly.

"How was your first day, then?" Dahyun tilts her head curiously.

"I learned their menu, there are just a few special in-house drinks they have that I will need to practice more. The people are quite friendly." Dahyun hums at his replies. After telling his first working day briefly, he falls silence. 'Oppa's habit: getting lost in his own thoughts.' Dahyun watches her cousin closely as he looks down at his own cup of coffee.

 

Growing up together, Dahyun sometimes hear things surrounding her older cousin. He was quite famous after all for being a top student, good athlete and capable leader; however there were rumours that he was also running around making troubles back then. She remembers how many girls developing a crush on him despite his aloofness, yet he was still maintaining a polite stance with each of them.

 

"Yah, oppa." she calls out, trying to get his attention.

"Hmm?" he hums, still seemingly daydreaming.

"We better get ready, no? We have class again today." she reminds him of the Korean lesson.

Looking up sharply at Dahyun, he says, "I am ready, it's you who has a lot to do, Tofu." Dahyun slaps her own temple and quickly rushes to get ready.

 

- in the class -

 

As Dahyun is chatting up with the Japanese trio, she could see her cousin observing from his seat, smiling occasionally at the current conversation. Dahyun senses that her friends are at least slightly interested in the only guy in class who seems clueless to the fact. Wondering why, Dahyun tries to see her cousin a bit closer. Sure, Taegon looks sorta personable; his sweet dimply smile and sharp eyes could have melted any girls' heart in an instant. While many may think that he is aloof and quiet , Dahyun always finds it weird as he is usually mischievous and playful around her.

 

"Tofu, why are you looking at me?" he calls out, noticing Dahyun stares at him a little too long.

"Because you look ugly, oppa." that's the only playful answer that comes at the top of her head. He squints his eyes jokingly, Dahyun retorts by sticking out her tongue.

 

Jihyo comes in soon after, starting the class as usual.

 

"Taegon, remember your punishment from last week?" Jihyo eyes her only male student with glee which makes him groans in defeat.

"Ooh right! He lost the game last time!" Sana turns back immediately.

"Come to the front of the class

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter