Seven

Untitled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The week went by fast as you focus on your work. You spent your time at home or hang out at local cafe to work on your project. After countless daily coffee and nights spent hardly sleeping, you finally send your work to your client for approval. Turning off your laptop, you rub your forehead to make your headache go away.

 

"Oppa? Are you still awake?" Dahyun peeks into your room, sounding worried.

"Hmm? I slept a bit, don't make it sound like I didn't sleep at all." you reply, not moving from your spot.

"Are you finished?" your cousin approaches you slowly.

"Yeah.. Just gotta wait for their review, if they need something to be changed or anything." you realize that you are starting to sound irritated from being tired.

"Here, drink this green tea oppa." Dahyun puts a cup on your table. "Are you sure you still want to come to class?"

You let her words hang for a minute, "Yes, it will be a good distraction. Besides, I may need to see some friendly faces." you sip on your tea, hoping it will relax your nerves.

"Get ready then, I'll make you something to eat." she says, leaving your room.

 

- At the language school -

 

You walk half heartedly following Dahyun's lead. Reaching class, you take a seat and let out a sigh.

 

"What happens, Oppa? Are you fighting with Dahyun?" Momo's voice taken you by surprise 'I really need to catch up on my sleep, I didn't even realize the girls arrived already.' you think to yourself.

"He hasn't been getting enough sleep lately. He'll be a zombie today." Tofu speaks for you before you can. 

"Tofu will be my spokesperson today." you say jokingly.

"What has he been doing?" Momo asks Dahyun.

Flashing a devilish smile at you, Dahyun says, "Oh, you know... What do you think guys usually do at night... alone.. locked inside of their roo...."

"Hey!" you quickly stopping her from digging you deeper to your grave with false rumour. You look at the girls; Sana is giggling, Mina is covering sheepishly blushing, while Momo looks as if she is still trying to discern Dahyun's words.

"Hahaha... I mean working on a project! You should look at your face now!" she could not hold her laughter with the others. Giving up, you just shake your head and sit back down, letting her basks in her glory at your expense.

"Okay kids, let's start our lesson today!" Jihyo suddenly comes, saving you from further embarassment. As the class starts, you can feel yourself dozing off.

 

- After class -

 

You could hardly concentrate in class, nodding off occassionally while Jihyo was personally assisting her other students. Looking at your expression during your personal tutoring time, she let you off the hook for the rest of the class.

 

"I'm really sorry for dozing off today, teacher. And thank you for letting me off the hook, I won't let it happen again next time." you say to Jihyo after class is over.

"That's fine, as long as you can catch up next week and don't disturb my class I wouldn't mind. Remember your assignment, okay?" she cooly says to you, gathering her stuffs for her next class.

"Oppa, are you feeling better now?" you hear Mina's soft voice calling you. You take a look at her concerned face, holding her books in front of her body by the door.

"Much better now, I just need to be with some familiar faces after working on the project, I guess." answering honestly, you give her a reassuring smile.

"Are you saying that seeing me makes you feel better?" she teases you with a sheepish smile.

"Hahaha. Yes, you can say that." you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter