Four

Untitled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun has gone for work when you wake up the next morning. You sip your morning coffee after washing up. Checking your phone, you see that your class group chat is reminding you of your get-together tonight. Taking your bag, you are determined to finish your project today.

Walking around the city center, you got into a cozy cafe and start to work on your building proposal. It is due by the end of the week, so you order a cup of cappuccino, take out your designs, and try to focus on the presentation.

You are busy typing when the doorbell clinging open, you look up to rest your eyes from the computer screen and see a young college student with short dark hair coming in. 'A part-timer' you think, remembering your own part-timing experience behind the beverage counter. Looking at your cup, you realize that you've finished your coffee. Glancing at your watch, 'noon already, maybe I should get sandwich or something..' You get up and head to the counter, the short college girl who just came in is standing-by.

 

"One cappuccino, please.. and can you suggest me something from your lunch menu?" you smile to the girl, glancing at her nametag which reads 'Son Chae Young'.

"Hmmm.. I recommend our quiche florentine for savory food or waffle with ice cream for desserts. If you prefer something heavy, the pasta is quite popular. Otherwise, I personally like the blueberry muffin." she smiles brightly at you, there is an undeniable spark in her eyes. 'the power of youth' smiling slightly at the thought.

"Right, I'll just order the quiche and muffin then." she immediatelly takes your order in and hand you the receipt. You pay her and keep the receipt.

"Just wait a moment, please." you watch her preparing your meal behind the counter. She works fast in her petite body and the smell of fresh coffee immediatelly fills the room. "Here you go; one cappuccino, one quiche and one muffin. Enjoy your meal!"

You take your meal, bowing slightly and say, "Thank you, Chaeyoung ssi.."

 

She freezes for a moment before smiling brightly again, waving at you. You head back to your spot. After finishing your meal, you try getting back to your work. Unfortunately, writer's block is disturbing your working flow. Furthermore, you start feeling sleepy and the coffee by your side is of no help at this point.

 

"Excuse me, may I take your plates?" you see that the girl from the counter is holding an empty tray ready to clear your table. You nod, taking some of your personal belonging off the table. "Are you an architect, sir?" she asks you politely, seemingly quite fascinated at your sketches scattered on the table.

"Yes, I am."

"What luck! I am planning to study architecture myself!" she looks to you excitedly hearing your answer. "Are you going to build a new building in Seoul?"

"Uuh.. no.. I am working on a building conservation project back in the US."

"Ooohh.. I was hoping that it will be built here in Seoul so I could see it myself." she says all cheery.

"Haha.. thank you very much. I appreciate that." you chuckle at the youngster's compliment.

"I'll let you get back to work then, sir." she politely excuses herself back to work.

 

Just then your phone chimes, a message from the group confirming your dinner later. You assure the girls that you'll be coming, asking for the complete address from them so you could look it up before going on your way from the cafe. 'Still have 4 more hours to kill' you calculate roughly in you head. With renewed determination, you force yourself to focus on your work. 'Gotta at least

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter