Sixteen

Untitled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dahyun’s Story

 

It has been a two days after Dahyun found her cousin drenched in cold sweat from his nightmare. Taegon has been acting colder than usual towards her which saddens her a little. It almost seems like he tries to avoid most social interactions, delving more into his work as if his life depends on it. Moreover, Dahyun could not spend a decent time with him to bring up her worries over his weird actions lately due to her own schedule which clashes with Taegon’s.

One thing Dahyun knows for sure though; something inside him was triggered that day. Taegon did act weirdly ever since coming into the arcade but he was pretty much normal until they were finished with the game. ‘Tzuyu?' Dahyun wonders if this all has anything to do with the new girl. After all, they were talking together before Taegon hurriedly excused himself from the group.

Dahyun talked with Tzuyu that day. The girl is unbelievably pretty; big eyes, delicate face, tall slim body, silky long hair and perfect body posture. The young girl seems to pack the full package.

 

"Dahyun! Watch what you are doing! Focus!" a booming voice coming from behind warning her.

"Ah! Yes, chef!"

 

The stern warning brings her mind back to the present. The sound of chopping knives, sizzling meat, and clanging metals could be heard at the background accompanying the voices of servers barking out orders at the kitchen. Dahyun checks for the time and realizes that her shift is almost over and get her focus back to the task at hand, hoping to go back as early as possible for the day.

 

- Back at Home -

 

Dahyun opened the apartment's door to find Taegon sitting on the dining table with his work sprawled around him. His head snaps up at the noise and he gives her a faint smile.

 

"Welcome home, Eagle kid." his voice sounds hoarse as if he has not used them for a whole day.

"Are you having a cold now?" Dahyun slowly approaches, not wanting to give away any hint of her intent on interogating him over his odd behaviour.

He clears his throat before starting to speak again, "Nah, I'm fine."

 

His reply contradicts the way he looks. Taegon looks tired, especially with the dark circle under his eyes that makes him looks much older than he actually is. Dahyun figures that her cousin has not had a goodnight sleep from his recurring nightmares. Sometimes, late at night when Dahyun goes out either for water or to the toilet, she would hear a faint voice of him whimpering behind the closed door.

 

"How was work? Been cooking anything good?" he asks without looking up from his laptop.

"Busy. Non-stop working like a slave as usual." Dahyun says with an easy smile.

Her answer makes him glance to check on her, "...sounds hectic." he tilts his head.

"I know, right! Oppa, let's go out tonight. I really need to blow off some steam." Dahyun whines cutely, trying to appeal to her older cousin.

"Oh, would you stop that? It's irritating." Taegon answers, looking uncomfortable with Dahyun's cutesy acts.

"Then let's go out! I will not stop annoying you until you agree. You know how annoying I could be right, Oppa?" Dahyun pouts.

Taegon quickly covers Dahyun's mouth with the palm of his hand, shutting his eyes tightly from irritation, "Fine. You go wash up first and I'll get changed."

"Heck yeah!" Dahyun throws  her fist up in the air and scurries off to the bathroom. Taegon shook his head and went to his room.

 

-moments later-

 

#CSSSHH#

 

The tempting sound of grilled meat could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter