Fifteen

Untitled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oppa, why the long face?" you hear Dahyun's voice chiming in. You gather your thoughts as you see Tzuyu's concerned expression at you, finally aware that you have been breaking out in sweat and breathing heavily in a daze.

"Just tired, I guess." you reply while averting your eyes from Tzuyu. Pain slowly creeps into your head along with the nightmare you have been desperately surpressing for the past couple of years.

"You shouldn't have come if you are too tired from work, you know." Dahyun tilts her head to see your face more clearly.

"I guess you're right. You know, I'll just head home now.” you wipe the sweat running on your head, hoping to get back home as soon as you can and just forget the images implanted on your mind just now.

"Take a good rest. I will come home a bit late, so you don't need to wait up for me." Dahyun says softly to you.

 

You felt your body shudder once more as you walk past Tzuyu who is still keeping her gaze fixated on you with her doe-eyed look. She looked exactly like Sally when she eyes you from the distance. Guilt starts creeping on you, nearly knocking the air out of your lungs as the surge of images from your past keep playing in the back of your head in slow-motion.

 

"Oppa, are you sick?" Mina nudges your wounded arm unknowingly which makes you wince in pain.

"What's wrong with you?" Dahyun immediatelly takes on a serious tone.

"Uh.. nothing, just a little accident at work last night." you look at your wounded arm, sincerely wishing it would not bleed anymore. "I just really need to rest."

"Are you sure you're gonna be fine? I can go back with you if you want."

"I’m sure of it. You guys just have fun. I'll see you at home."

 

Dahyun doesn't look quite convinced. A conflicted look flashes upon her face as she keeps glancing at your wounded arm hidden underneath the long sleeved shirt you are wearing. You take your chance to slip out quickly from the girls after casually saying goodbye to the crew before Dahyun can fully process what was happening earlier.

 

-back home-

 

You throw your body against the bed, relieved to finally find some peace inside the empty apartment. The way back home has been a literal torture for you. Flashing images unfolded before you frame by frame, forcing you to re-live your personal hell. An awful feel of emptiness that came along with it made you clutch your chest in a vain attempt to hold whatever is still left behind inside of it. The constricting sensation grows stronger and you soon find yourself gasping for air.

You shut your eyes tight, hoping that it will somehow stop the images from intruding your mind. Within the darkness surrounding you, you notice a little flickering light in front of you. The light stop its flicker upon your touch, gradually getting bigger until it fills your whole view. You take a step back and see a glimpse of animated images coming to life, just like the old movie collection you found in your grandparents’ attic. You squint your eyes so you can see clearer. The sound playing feels like it came from a distant, but it is clear enough for you to hear.

 

“Taegon!” her voice rang in your ear, you turned to find her approaching you in a huff. "Why are you out and about already? I thought the doctor clearly stated that you are to be bed ridden for a week!"

'Sally..' then the images flicker once more.

She looked at you with her characteristic smile, waving as she came closer to you. She gave you a warm hug that left your friends bewildered. Your lips curled into a smile at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter