Chapter 9

서울의 여름 (Summer In Seoul)

 

Image result for goo hye sun and kim so eun

 

Chapter 9


 

Kang Hye Sun just finished helping her mother doing the dishes. Lunch time has passed since last and now the restaurant belongs to her family is not so crowded.

"Eomma, I'll go upstairs." Hye Sun cries out to her mother who sits at the counter, then ran up the stairs to the top floor without waiting for an answer.

Hye Sun immediately turns on the television because as soon as she opens the television the live concert broadcast charity music will be aired. She unfolded a packet of potato chips and lay down face down on the floor while holding her chin.

"Ah, it's already starting," she muttered as the picture appeared on the television screen. "Well, that's a lot."

On the television, screen artists walk into the concert hall and the reporters are busy interviewing passing artists. Then on the television screen comes Junho's face.

"Oh, it turns out Junho also came to the concert!" Hye Sun yelled excitingly. "Did he sing too?"

Kang Hye Sun watches her idol with a flowery heart. Junho, dressed in a black turtleneck and a light brown suit, looked handsome as usual and he kept a friendly smile when interviewed by reporters.

"So, Junho, who was the woman that came with you? The girl who stood there? Is that your girlfriend?" Asked the reporter as he held out his microphone to Junho.

Hye Sun sees a woman with dark glasses standing a little way behind Junho. Her face is not visible so Hye Sun crawls in front of the television while inserting some chips into .

Junho laughs and turns to the woman and turns back to the reporter.

For Hye Sun, Junho's reaction already shows the answer, and it turns out the reporter also argued the same. Without waiting for Junho's answer, the reporter asked again in a seductive tone, "Why don't you Introduced the lady to us all? Come on, why be shy? "

"Correct! Why are you hiding that girl?" Hye Sun exclaimed to Junho on television.

Junho still smiles when replying, "It's true, she's a little shy. She is willing to come today because I asked her to. Otherwise, she will not come at all. "

"Wow, that cocky girl. So eun has to see this, " Hye Sun said as she sits cross-legged.

She reached for the phone and dialed So eun's mobile number. Her eyes keep an eye on Junho who has gone away from the reporter and approached his lover. The camera is already not focused on Junho because now there are other artists being interviewed. But Junho and his lover is still visible in the background, though not very clear.

"So eun, quickly pick up your phone, "Hye Sun says fiercely. She keeps looking at Junho and his lover on television as if the two people would be gone if she looked away for a second.

Hye Sun sees the girl on television searching for something in her handbag while Junho stands beside her. The woman pulled something out of her bag, then do the opening and closing movements. Just at that moment, the tone continued on Hye Sun's phone disconnected.

"Ah, this is weird. Why is she not answering my call? Doesn't she want to see the Junho's girlfriend? "Hye Sun grumbles while pressing So eun's mobile number once again.

Hye Sun stares at the television screen and is relieved that Junho and his lover is still visible in the corner. While waiting for So eun to answer her call, Hye Sun squints to get a better look at Junho and his girlfriend. This time she returned to her purse.

"What's wrong with her? She looks very busy, "Hye Sun asks herself.

She pulled something out and stared at the object she was holding. "A phone?" Hye Sun muttered uncertainly as she narrowed her eyes.

The woman stares at her hands, then looks at Junho. Junho looks at her shaking his head, gesturing for her to look around while saying something. Just then the ringing tone on Hye Sun's phone broke off once more. Hye Sun is stunned. She stared at the television screen with her eyes wide. The bundle of chips that is had been hugged and fallen to the floor. Her eyes were fixed on the television screen.

She sees Junho's lover bending her head and fiddling with something that Hye Sun thinks of the phone then puts it back in the handbag. Then they both move and disappear from Hye Sun's television screen.

Hye Sun stares at the television screen and the phone she holds in turn. Her brain is busy rotating. She tried to call So eun's phone once more and this time she only heard the voice of the telephone operator who said the intended phone was not currently active. Hye Sun hangs up and frowns.

"What did I see? What does this mean? Is it just a coincidence? It's a coincidence..., "Hye Sun muttered to herself. She is no longer eager to watch the charity concert. She was busy racking her brain, thinking about what she had just seen while watching the television. She doesn't believe the possibilities that come to her mind.

"It's not. But then come to think of it ... "

 

* * *

 

As Junho said before, So eun doesn't need to attend Junho's other shows he needs to attend to after the charity concert was over because Junho had another hectic schedule.

As soon as So eun has done her job, Goong Min drove her home while Junho attends the next event. As she walked down the corridor to her apartment, So eun was rather surprised to see Kang Hye Sun standing at the door of the building.

"Hye Sun, what are you doing here?" So eun asked as she speeded up the pace to approach her friend.

Hye Sun looks up and So eun sees her friend's eyes wide open when looking at it. Then Hye Sun smiles strangely. "I was wrong," she murmured.

"Um? What did you say? "So eun pulled out the door lock and looked at her friend.

Hye Sun smiles and shakes her head. "No, I'm talking to myself. Let's come in first. I've been tired of standing since earlier waiting for you. "

So eun immediately opens the door and invites Hye Sun in. "Why did you wait for me here? You could just call me. "

Hye Sun steps in and replied, "Your phone was off."

So eun tapped her forehead. "Oh, yes I did turn it off. Sorry."

Kang Hye Sun stands in the middle of the living room and watches So eun from head to toe. So eun felt strangely observed by her friend. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Your clothes," Hye Sun muttered with a meaningful look.

So eun gasped. She just realized she was still wearing the clothes given by Goong Min. Her hair style is still like that. Hye Sun must be surprised with her appearance like this.

"Ah, this?" So eun turned her back to her friend and pretended to look for something In the ice. Her brain was spinning fast, looking for a reasonable excuse. "It's normal, Mister Lee is doing a new experiment. He said the appearance is suitable for me. But I don't think so. Was I right? Uh, what do you want to drink? "

So eun whirled around, facing her friend again. Hye Sun is already sitting on the sofa with folded hands in front of her chest. Her friend's eyes looked as if she could penetrate into her heart. So eun stared at her friend nervously.

"You know," Hye Sun opened , "I was watching a charity concert event on television."

So eun felt her heart beating twice as fast as ever. No. It's not possible Hye Sun sees it. She has been very careful not to highlight the camera.

"I saw Junho with his girlfriend," Hye Sun goes on with a calm tone. She smiled a little. "Surprisingly, her lover was wearing that outfit the same as the one you are wearing now. Your hair style is exactly the same. "

All right, So eun has to do something. She laughed nervously and said, "Then, you think I'm that woman? Hye Sun, you're not thinking that, right? "

Hye Sun raises an eyebrow. "Is that true? Actually, I will not either think that woman is you, So eun, if only I did not call you then. I saw you on television. It's not clear, but I saw it happened. "

So eun remembers Hye Sun did call her phone when she was on the charity concert. She didn't answer because the atmosphere there was noisy, everyone was loud and the music rhythm was heard everywhere. If she answers, Hye Sun will hear a noise in the background and feel suspicious. Junho old her she should not answer the phone. That's why So eun turned off her phone.

Apparently at that time Hye Sun saw it on television. "When I called you, Junho's girlfriend by chance also accepted the call. When she disconnects, just at that moment the dial tone is on my phone is also disconnected, " Hye Sun continues. "I tried again and looked at the woman finally turned off her phone. "

So eun could not duck anymore. She doesn't know what else she could use. She has known Kang Hye Sun for years and knows her very well. Her friend is smart and brawny. Maybe now Hye Sun can already suspect her. So eun can no longer hide this problem from her.

"So eun, I think it's time you told me what actually happens, "Hye Sun said. "I've been thinking long and want to know if my thoughts are right."

 

* * *

 

The atmosphere in one of Seoul's biggest bookstores was very crowded. In front of the store had a banner that read "The Snow in Summer. Choi Min-Ah's Signature Distribution ". Maybe this is why that book is the most widely displayed in the store's shop front is Snow in Summer by Choi Min-Ah. The visitors of each store hold the book while standing to jostle as they shop and staff members struggle to control the circumstances. In addition to the shop visitors, some journalists also appear to be there.

"Choi Min-Ah is here?" A woman with glasses said to one of her staff member who was on the phone.

The staff member hung up and replied, "He said she would arrive in twenty minutes. "

The bespectacled woman held her forehead and exhaled. "I don't know if we'll survive another twenty minutes. Hey, is everybody ready behind there? I want everything to be perfect before Choi Min-Ah sets her foot in this shop. Understand?"

Twenty-two minutes later, the long-awaited, the woman finally arrived. A beautiful woman got out of a black car and walked into the bookstore while smiling broadly and waving gracefully.

"That's Choi Min-Ah! Very beautiful! Prettier than the picture. "

"She said she just came back from America."

"She's special for this event."

"She looks young, yes."

"See the clothes? Very good!"

"I've read all the books she wrote."

Choi Min-Ah greets the bespectacled woman who is the store manager, then stands behind a long table that is already available. Her sincere smile and fun still on the lips.

"How are you, all?" Choi Min-Ah greets the visitors with her lovely and friendly voice. The visitors also replied with a rather chaotic greeting. Choi Min-Ah chuckles and continues, "I just came down from the plane and all the way from the airport I feel very tired. But so I arrived here and got this warm welcome, suddenly I feel refreshed again. Thank you very much."

The visitors laughed and clapped.

After the book signing ceremony is over, Choi Min-Ah allows the people and reporters interviewed her. At first, the reporters questioned her about the new book she wrote, about the process of writing her book, about her ideas and other technical matters.

Often the passage of questions, the journalists are even more courageous by her attitude who is friendly and open.

"Lady Choi Min-Ah, how is your husband?"

"He's fine, still immersing himself in notes, "Choi Min-Ah said cheerfully. "Sometimes he even forgets his wife who is beautiful. "

"Then how is your son?"

"Junho? He should be all right. I have not had time to call him. He doesn't even know I'm in Seoul. Maybe I'll call him later, "said Choi Min-Ah. "But I think you already know very clearly the circumstances. Lately, he's very busy with his new album. "

"Reportedly he already has a lover. Do you know that, madam? "

Choi Min-Ah's face lit up. "Ah, right. Of course, I know. I even talk to her. So eun-ssi is a good girl. I wish the relationship they have will succeed. "

 

A/N: Hey guys! Here's a new chapter. It's getting more interesting as the chapter goes. What do you think? Hehe. Also, I am glad that everyone loves the story so far. I am dying to finish this story and start a new one. Speaking of new story, check Lust for Friendship. Chapter 1 is ready :) And I'm still working on Chapter 2. Hopefully I could finish it by tomorrow :)  Credits to the owner of the picture that I used from above ^^