Chapter 5

서울의 여름 (Summer In Seoul)

 

Image result for so eun and junho

 

Chapter 5


 

"Hyung, today I don't have any schedule, right? ... I'm outside. There is little business I have to do ... Okay, see you later. "  

Junho throws the earphones out of his ear and returns his attention on the street in front of him. "Looks like the campus is here," he mumbles to himself as he stops the car on the curb. He opens his phone and hit the number nine when his movement stopped.

He sees So eun through the windshield of his car. The girl is walking out from the campus gate with a big tall man. Junho keeps watching them when the man opened the car door for So eun and the girl came in.

Junho hangs up the phone, throws it onto the passenger seat beside him, then turned the car to follow the white car. Apparently they did not go far. The white car stopped in front of the cafe and a minute later the guy was down. Junho stops the car across the street and stays silent inside the car. He saw So eun and the man go into the cafe and occupying a table by the window. From his car, Junho can see the two people clearly. The man doesn't stop smiling and talking, So eun often smiles and occasionally responding to his words.

Junho grabs his phone and presses the number nine. Upon hearing the sound phone operator, Junho immediately hangs up his cell phone. "Why is her phone turned off?" He asked irritably.

Junho watches So eun smiling at the waiter, taking her drink. He looked away and asked himself in wonder, "Why should I care?"

He started the engine and ran the car roughly so that the wheels is squeaking.

 

* * *

 

"Do you want to go home? I can take you home? "

So eun shook her head and smiled. "No, Ha Neul ssi. I"m not going home yet."

Ha Neul stood by his white car and asked again, "Well then, where are you going? I can take you. "

So eun shook her head again. "No need. You must be busy. Just go ahead first. "

Unable to persuade So eun, Ha Neul finally waves his hand and get into the car. So eun watched the white car turn the corner and blows in breath. Shee turned and began to walk slowly. Because she remembered her phone is turn off, she reached into her bag and the communication device soon after finds it. Suddenly her phone rang.

"Hello?" She said, pressing the phone to her ear.

"It's me," said the voice on the other side.

"Junho ssi?" So eun is rather surprised to hear Junho's voice.

"Where are you now?" Junho asked quickly.

"I ... oh ..." So eun looked around and mentioned the place.

"Wait there." Then, without waiting for an answer, Junho straight away disconnect.

So eun stared at her phone in confusion. What a weird person he is. Wait here? Why? He wants to come? So eun was considering whether she should wait while standing on the edge and continue walking or re-enter the cafe when the red car stops right in front of it. The car window was lowered and So eun leaned forward to look inside. She sees Junho wearing a dark glasses sitting behind the wheel.

"Come in," the man said simply. So eun snorts softly at the commanding tone in Junho's voice, But she got into the car too.

"Why you got here so fast? Were you around? "So eun asked

Light as they drove down the street. Junho didn't answer, just mutter unclear.

"Why are you looking for me? Are we going to take pictures? " So eun asked again, staring at Junho who is somewhat stranger today.

Looks like Junho can not hold his emotions anymore because he started to grumbled. "I tried to reach you earlier. Why is your phone turned off? Didn't Hyung told you, you should be ready at any time in case we contact you? "

So eun stares at Junho irritably. "All right, I'm sorry. I just reactivate my phone. But are not you now? Managed to contact me? "

"What were you doing to not answer the phone?" Junho asked while still staring straight into the street.

"I'm with a friend," So eun said, then shifted the conversation. "Why are you looking for me? Where are we going?"

So eun sees Junho hesitating a moment, then the man says, "Until I forget what I want to say for too long waiting for you. But you'd better accompany me to buy something. "

"What do you wanna buy?"

"A gift for my fans," Junho said, looking at So eun for a moment, then back staring forwards. "For the fan meeting on Saturday. "

"For everyone?"

"No, just for a select few."

"Ooh." So eun nodded. "Why are you so kind? It never crosses my mind that celebrities would buy gifts themselves for their fans. I think things like that are taken care by other people."

"I'd rather buy it myself. Because you happen to be not busy, you can help me. "

So eun turned quickly. "Hey, who says I'm not busy? In two hours I have to see Mister Lee. After all, according to our agreement, we will only take pictures together. It's never mentioned about me having to accompany or help you do something you want."

"Didn't I tell you from the beginning, we just think this deal is the same as me offering you a job. You didn't refuse. So essentially, you are now working for me. Isn't that so? " Junho says with a smile. "About your Mr. Lee, don't worry. You'll be able to meet him on time. I told you I will not interfere with your job there. "

So eun feels no need to tell Junho that she was with Ha Neul. However, her problem with Ha Neul is a personal matter which has nothing to do with Junho and Goong Min. Plus the fact that the meeting with Ha Neul was just a short talk with no special meaning.

Junho stops the car in front of a clothing store that looks plush on Apgujeong-dong, one of the trendiest areas in Seoul, it is full of class restaurants also Top and clothing stores of famous designers. So eun knows the store because she often see through it. Sometimes she stopped and admired the clothes on display, but never once did she set her foot inside the store. She doesn't need to enter the store to know that the price of goods sold in the store is definitely expensive, just like Mr. Lee's boutique.

She prefers to shop at Myeong-dong which is often called the Ginza of Seoul, one of the popular shopping areas. The price of clothes in Myeong-dong is not much different from the price in Apgujeong-dong, but So eun feels more comfortable as she gets used to shop there.

So eun leaned over and studied the building. "Hey, you're coming in there? Does it matter if you are recognized? Then, what about me? I don't want to be seen by people with you. "

Junho releases his seat belt and sighs. He looked at So eun with a frown, then said, "I am not a prisoner who can not go to everywhere. Anyway, what's the point of being an artist if you do not want to be known? "

So eun still has no intention of removing her seat belt. "Oh, I see? You feel happy when people recognize you, so hysterical, then what if people faint when they see you? "

"People will not faint once they see me," Junho said. "You take it easy. I know these people who work here. They will not ask much. I'm often here with my management staff. About you ... let's just say you're a member of my staff. "

Junho opens the door, then starts to get out of the chair when he stops and turned toward So eun again. "Wait a minute. You're a member of my staff. You work for me, right? Come on down. "

So eun shrugged, took off her seat belt and got out of the car. "Actually, what do you wanna buy?" So eun asked in confusion. She looked at things which were sold in the store and she was right, the price is not cheap at all.

"I don't know, I don't know," Junho replied as he took off his glasses. "Why don't you choose. Come on, we should go up. "

"Hey, Junho!"

So eun and Junho simultaneously turn toward the excited call. Apparently, the voice belonged to a very handsome man. So eun thought she'd seen that man. Where is it? Ah! On television. That man is a star of a clothing ad. No more mistake.

"How are you, Wooyoung?" Junho greets and pats his back.

So eun pulled away and let the two men chat. If she's not mistaken, he has indeed heard that Junho is good friends with Wooyoung. Though they already standing some distance away and hidden behind clothes rack, she still able to hear clearly the conversation of the two men.

"Hey, you changed your mobile number, huh?" So eun heard Wooyoung ask  Junho.

"No. Why?"

"A few days ago I called you, but a girl answered and she said she doesn't know you. "

So eun covered her mouth with one hand. She remembered that day, the day when her phone and Junho's phone are swapped. At that moment she thought the man was wrong connected. So eun turns her gaze towards Junho, wondering how he will answer.

"You must be wrong. My phone number remains the same as it used to be, " he said in a calm tone with a smile.

"I can't be wrong," Wooyung insisted. "But never mind, it's not a problem. My sister keeps asking you. She said you haven't been here for a long time. "

"Sorry. I'm kind of busy these days. "

Wooyung looks at Junho inquisitive. "Oh yes, I just remembered. Why didn't you tell me? "

Junho raises an eyebrow. "About what?"

"Your girlfriend."

So eun held her breath.

Junho looks confused. "Girlfriend? Man-Aah's girlfriend, it's ... "

What the hell? So eun was annoyed. Junho always worries So eun will leaked their secrets, but now he himself is almost unraveled all.

Wooyung laughed. "Did you forget your own girlfriend?"

Junho laughs too. "I'll tell you next time. Go ahead you seem busy. You don't have to help me. "

 

* * *

 

"Hey, that was Wooyung who was in a sports ad, right?" So eun asked when Junho is already beside her.

"Mmm. What's wrong? " Junho answers back.

"He's very handsome," So eun said. "I can't believe I saw him with my own eyes. I should have asked for an autograph, just in case Hye Sun wants to. "

Junho looks at her, then mumbles softly. "For your friend or ..."

"Hm?"

"Ah, never mind ... did you already picked something?"

"You said you wanna buy it yourself" So eun protested, but Junho already walk away. So eun allowed herself a moment to look at the rear as Wooyung pulls away, then turns over to follow Junho already up to the second floor of the store.

"This is his shop?" So eun asked after catching up with Junho.

"What?" Junho is busy looking at the accessories that are sold there.

"I mean, this shop belongs to Wooyung?"

"It's actually his sister's, but Wooyung is often here," said Junho. Then, he suddenly turned and looked at So eun with a probing look. "Why are you wondering?"

So eun returns Junho's gaze without feeling guilty. "Just curious. Uh, are you close to any more singers? H.O.T? Shinhwa? "

Junho sighs loudly and puts his hands on his hips. "If you still remember, you're here to help me to choose a gift! "

So eun scoffed. "Okay, okay. How about a brooch? " She said, pointing to a beautiful line of brooches on display in a glass case.

"I've been giving brooches to my fans once," Junho said.

"Aah, that's right." So eun nodded as she continued to study the brooches. "That time has never been ..."

A few seconds passed without response, though So eun felt Junho was staring at her. So eun raised her head and looked at the man. Ah, it seems she said something wrong, Junho is looking the other way.

"What?" So eun asked.

Junho turns and points to the hat section. "We'll go there."

So eun followed the man, but as she passed one of the mannequins, her steps suddenly stalled. So eun's eyes were fixed on the long scarf on the mannequin. The black-and-white checkered scarf looks great. So eun reached out and touched the scarf.

"What are you doing?" Suddenly Junho is standing behind her.

So eun looked back and said, "Look at this scarf. It's good, isn't it?"

"Do you think it's good?" Junho asked.

So eun the scarf. "Of course. I love the motif and the color. "

Junho removes the scarf from the mannequin and wears it. He walked to mirror and self-adhere. So eun followed from behind while muttering deeply. Why is he wearing it?

"It's good," Junho admitted. "It suits me, doesn't it?"

So eun joins Junho's reflection in the mirror and has to admit the man looks very cool with the scarf. "Suitable. You can wear it on your fan meeting, "So eun suggested while looking away.

"It's okay," Junho said and turned from the mirror.

 

A/N: I know, I haven't updated for like 3 weeks now. I got too busy that I couldn't find time to update. I'm sorry once again. Anyway, what do you think this chapter? It's just a short update. I'll try to update ASAP. Thank you guys!

If you guys noticed that Wooyoung is here! Wooyoung from Spring in London. Feel free to go back to the first chapter of Spring In London to read Junho and Wooyoung's conversation ^^ CONNECTIONS GUYS ^^