Chapter 18

서울의 여름 (Summer In Seoul)

 

tumblr_m2fe5s7V0a1rsj97wo1_r1_500.jpg

 

Chapter 18


 

Junho decided to stay in Jakarta for a couple of days. Goong Min is busy canceling and organizing Junho's work schedule. Junho wants to be near So Eun. He also used the opportunity to get to know So Eun's parents. After getting to know them personally, he just found out that her parents didn't hate him from the accident that happened four years ago.

"Still the same. She still hasn't woken up, " Junho says as he sits on the bench in the hospital corridors. He holds a phone up in his ears as he is leaning against the wall. His mother is calling from America to ask about So Eun. "Sure, mom. If there's any news, I'll call you... Yeah, Hyung is still here with me ... You don't have to worry about me. I can take care of myself ...Yes, bye. "

Junho hangs up and closes his eyes. She's been sleeping for a few days now. He is tired, but he can't sleep. So Eun's parents as well. So Eun's dad was back to work but came to see her daughter every afternoon. Her mom always comes to the hospital to visit her. So Eun's cousin named Hye Kyo came and now she is accompanying So Eun's mother to lunch in the hospital cafeteria.

Taking a deep breath, Junho returns to So Eun's room. He sits by the side of the bed. The doctor once said, if So Eun wakes up, she will be fine. The thing is, the doctors don't know when So Eun will wake up. So run is still laying down, motionless, not opening her eyes.

Junho holds So Eun's hand. Suddenly Junho stopped moving. He frowned. Looks like So Eun's eyelids move. No, he only dreams. But then he felt So Eun's hand being held in motion. He gasped and stared at So Eun's face with a pounding heart.

The girl's eyelids moved, then slowly her eyes opened.

Junho feels so relieved that his legs feel weak. So Eun is awake! Junho reaches out and touches So Eun's cheek. The girl turned her head and her eyes met Junho's eyes.

"You're aware," Junho said to her, his smile broadening. He is relieved, so happy that he wanted to jump. "How do you feel?"

So Eun opened her mouth, but too powerless to speak. Junho quickly shook his head quickly. "It's okay. You're still weak. Wait a minute, I'm gonna call the doctor. "

Junho pushes the red button near the bed and looks back at So Eun. It seemed that she was still awake, for her eyes were occasionally closed, then open again, but from his eyes, Junho knows So Eun recognizes him.

The girl looked at him, then opened again. Junho leans closer to her.

"I miss you."

Junho is stunned. So Eun's voice was more like a whisper, but he heard the words clearly. Junho smiles and says quietly, "Me too."

Not long after, the door opened. Junho turns and sees doctors and nurses rushed in. He turned back to So Eun and said, "The doctor's here. I'll go for a while to call your mother. Everything is okay. I'll be back. "

 

* * *

 

"Your mother already knows that I'll take you home," Junho said as he put So Eun's bag on the couch.

Today So Eun is getting discharged from the hospital. The situation is already improved even though her body was still rather weak. After all a week of recovering at the hospital, So Eun begins to feel bored to death.

When the hard collision happened, the last thing she remembered was Junho. That she had not met the man again. And have not talked to him yet. She was afraid not to have a chance to see Junho again. Then everything was dark.

She couldn't believe what she saw when she woke up for the first time after her accident. She saw Junho's face. As if she was dreaming that moment. She didn't wanna wake up. But in reality Junho was there, by her side, grasping her hand and talking to her.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

So Eun snaps out of her daydream and sees Junho staring at her with his eyebrows raise up. So Eun smiled and shook her head.

 

* * *

 

Junho pushes the wheelchair to the side of the bed. "Come on, I'll help you," He said.

So Eun lets Junho carry her and sit her in the wheelchair. Although some of the bandages had been removed, her legs were still not strong to walk or to stand, therefore they need a wheelchair.

"Before I go home, I want to take you somewhere," Junho said. Junho grabs So Eun's bag and pushes So Eun's wheelchair out of the door.

"Where are we going?" So Eun asked in surprise.

"I want to take you to lunch. To celebrate your healing. "

"Where?"

"You'll know."

"What are we gonna use?"

"Of course by car. Uh ... you're not afraid, right? "Junho asked hesitantly.

So Eun shook her head. "That's not what I mean. This is not Korea. In Indonesia, the steering wheel is on the right. Can you...? "

Junho laughs. "Someone else will drive the car. I also had warned him to drive very carefully. "

"Who?"

"If I say who it is you will not know who he is."

So Eun cocked her head and did not ask any more questions. It'll be pointless since Junho is not gonna tell her anything.

Apparently, So Eun doesn't know the middle-aged man who is driving the car. So Eun sees Junho talking to him in English, then the middle-aged man nodded. They set out.

They stopped at a famous hotel in South Jakarta area.

"You wanna eat here?" So Eun asked hesitantly.

"Yes. I already booked the place. Come on, I'll help you out, "Junho said.

So Eun quickly restrained herself. "Wait a minute, Junho ssi. I...I mean, I don't wanna go to this place with a wheelchair. I mean- "

So Eun's words broke off as Junho held her face with both of his hands. "It's okay. I'm here," he said with a reassuring smile.

So Eun said nothing more. She allowed herself to be seated in the wheelchair and driven into the hotel lobby. A hotel clerk seemed to know Junho. He went straight smiling friendly and instantly pointing the way to the restaurant. So Eun felt a little strange when entering the restaurant and did not see a person in there. There were only a few servants standing in the corner, waiting for a command. So Eun also notices there are some men who are playing musical instruments on a small stage in the middle of the restaurant.

The hotel clerk who escorted them showed a table that had been prepared for them, on the front, near the stage. So Eun also saw a grand piano with musicians playing the instrument. 

When Junho is already sitting opposite of her, So Eun opens . "Why do I feel you've arranged all this?"

"Arrange what?" Junho retorts with an innocent face.

So Eun smiled. "There is no one in this restaurant, except for the waiter and a few musicians. I do think you've made some arrangements. "

Junho just laughs.

Soon, their food was delivered. It seems like a long time ago since So Eun has eaten with Junho. She really enjoyed it. She always feels happy to be near Junho. When she is with the man, she felt calmer and happier.

As they finish eating, So Eun will just say something when Junho raises his hand to stop her from talking..

"I know what you want," Junho said confidently.

So Eun's eyebrows rose.

"You've been looking at the piano over there," Junho said. "I have known you'll ask me to play the piano. Yes or no?"

So Eun was startled and laughed. "How did you know?" She asked.

"Of course," said Junho. "Because I know you."

So Eun watches Junho as he gets up from the chair and walks towards the piano. The man who was playing the piano stands up and invites Junho to sit. At that moment, the spotlight somewhere on the piano illuminated the piano. Junho sits in front of the piano and positions his fingers on the keys.

Junho looks at So Eun and asks, "What song do you want me to play?"

"Anything," So Eun said quickly.

"I've written a song," Junho said while pressing some tones on the piano. "Actually this song I wrote it especially for you, but no lyrics, no title either. In the meantime, there is only the tone. "

Even so, So Eun still felt flattered.

Junho starts playing the piano. So Eun is very fond of hearing Junho plays. Every note that came out of the piano was so alive, forming a melody that is so beautiful. Although there is still no lyrics, So Eun is very happy to know that Junho made a song for her.

When the song ends, So Eun applauds with the other musicians. So Eun thinks Junho will return to their table, but the man took the microphone. Then one of the musicians picked up a high stool and put it in the middle of the stage. The other musicians get ready to get back with their musical instruments.

What is he doing now?

Junho smiles at her. The man the microphone and said, "Actually I want to sing my own song for you, but nothing matches what I want to say to you right now. So, I will sing another song." He paused and continued," There is one song that feels right. "

He's gonna sing? So Eun waited with a pounding heart.

Junho gives a signal to the musicians and the music starts to play. He began to sing.

So Eun held her breath as she recognized the song. One of her favorite songs of all time. The song is sung by Kang Ta entitled Confession. In the past, every time she listens to this song on CD or on the radio, she always dreams that someday there will be someone who will sing this song specifically for her. Now her dream came true. Junho is singing the song.

Especially for her...

 

Yes ... I want your heart to come to me

I want to step into your sad eyes

Can not ... you can not take my heart that easily

But I hope you open your heart and accept me

I can give up my days for you

Do not you know the most valuable just you?

All my love will be a star

Who will protect you by your side

I want to sleep with you on a cool night

Not much I have

But I'll leave it to you

Please accept my love and a little dream

I can give up my days for you

Do not you know the most precious is you?

All my love will be a star

Who will protect you by your side

I want to sleep with you on a cool night

Not much I have

But I'll leave it to you

Please accept my love and a little dream

Thank you...

I will live for you who are willing to accept my heart

Even if the light on your face dims

I will always love you...

I will always love you...

I will always love you...

(Confession by Kang Ta)

 

When the song ends, So Eun just realizes the tears flowing down her cheeks. Junho gets off the stage and comes to her. So Eun looked up, staring at Junho with a huge smile plastered on his face. Then the man knelt in front of her.

"Pabo. Why are you crying? "Junho asked, wiping away her tears on her cheek with his finger.

So Eun did not know what to say. She was silent as he looked at the man's face. The man in front of her.

Junho looks at her straightly. "Saranghae."

So Eun did not know how to describe her feelings at that time. All she knows is that her cheeks are burning, her tears flowing again, then Junho leaned forward to kiss her.