Epilogue

서울의 여름 (Summer In Seoul)

 

tumblr_m260rjiu4r1rsj97wo1_400.gifv

 

Epilogue   (When Ilata Tan wrote this book, it was in the early 2000s. So they use a flip phone.)


 

"You're going to America, Miss Kim?" Mister Lee asked with a frown. "So what I heard is right?"

So Eun put on her best smile and replied, "Yes, Mister Lee. Only for ten days."

Mister Lee clicked his tongue. "Why are you going there for? Do you want to move there?! "

So Eun shook her head. "No, Mister Lee. "

"Seven months ago I gave you a mini-vacation because you had an accident. Are you going to take time off again?" Mister Lee still insisted.

"Mister Lee, come on," So Eun persuaded. "Only ten days."

Mister Lee looked at her with narrowed eyes. "Who are you going with?"

"Oh?" So Eun was being awkward. "Oh ... with ... Junho."

"Huh!" Cried, Mister Lee. "That boy! He thinks because he's an artist then he can carelessly grab my assistant whenever he wants? Just like that! Fine, you can go to America. Instead, tell Junho not to go. He must replace you as my assistant during your leave. "

So Eun laughed at his boss's rage. "I don't know about that, Mister Lee. But anyway, come to think of it, I have to thank you. "

"What for?"

"Because Mister Lee has asked me to deliver the clothes to Junho so I can meet him. "

"It's one of my regrets."

"I'm glad you did," So Eun said, ignoring the words Mister Lee said. Mister Lee looked at her. "Really," So Eun asserted.

Finally her superior surrendered. "Okay, I'll grant your cut request. But only ten days. No more. Understand? "

So Eun nodded and grinned. "Thank you, Mister Lee."

 

* * *

 

"You really don't want to change your ringtone?" So Eun asked. She stood on Junho's bedroom doorstep holding the man's phone.

Junho stops packing his clothes into the suitcase and looks up.

"Why? Did you answer my phone again? " He replied inquiring. "You're not deliberately or maybe you're spying on me? "

So Eun snorted. "Hoho ... you ... Never mind, it's okay. You don't have to answer my question. Let me change your ringtone. " So Eun just started poking around Junho's mobile button when the man took his cell phone out of So Eun's hand.

"Don't change it," he said.

"Why?" So Eun asked.

Junho smiles and re-packs the clothes. "I like it we have the same ringtone. Please just answer my call as you please. There's nothing for me to hide. "

So Eun winced, then said, "Let's hurry. We have to go to the airport. "

"I'm almost done," Junho said as he locked the suitcase. "You sure you have everything you need? We don't have time to go back to your apartment. "

"Nope," So Eun said confidently. She grabbed the yellow hat giving it to Junho. "Junho ssi, your parents already know I'm going to go there with you?"

"You've asked that many times," Junho said as he carried the suitcase downstairs. So Eun followed him from behind.

"I just don't want them to be surprised when they see me," So Eun explained. "I met your mother, but I have not met your father. " Junho places his suitcase near the front door. "Junho ssi," So Eun called.

Junho spun around and looked at So Eun. "What?"

"Why am I on your cell phone, number nine?"

So Eun sees Junho rather surprised to hear the question, then the man smiled amused. "God, I think there's a serious problem."

"I'm just curious."

"Because I like number nine and because I feel you're matching the number nine, " replied Junho lightly.

"Suitable? Just because of that? "

Junho places both hands on So Eun's shoulders. "Yes," he replied

Staring straight into So Eun's eyes. "Now, let's go, before we miss the plane."

"Says the person who didn't pack their things just now?" So Eun asked rather annoyed.

Junho laughs and puts his arm around So Eun's shoulder. "All right, I'm sorry. Can we leave now? "

"Okay," So Eun said. "Don't forget your key. Have you locked all the windows? The gas stove has been checked? "

 

* * *

 

"Hey, are not you drinking with us?" Goong Min asked as soon as he closed his phone.

Junho smiles apologetically. "Sorry, Hyung. Next time I will treat you." Then he asked the driver to drive him home.

"You just got back from abroad, there is someone waiting for you at home already, "Goong Min said with a smile.

"She asked me to eat at home," Junho said.

"I wonder why you saved So Eun's number at number nine," Goong Min said. He suddenly recalls having seen Junho hit the number nine on his cell phone to contact So Eun.

"Oh, that," Junho said with a smile. "Hyung know I like baseball, right?"

"Aah, I think I know why," Goong Min said, nodding.

Junho ignores his manager and continues, "In baseball, there are nine players. You cannot take away one. Nine means complete. Why do I keep So Eun's phone number at number nine? That's because if she is there, I just feel right, I feel complete. She completes me."

"Just like I thought," Goong Min said with satisfaction.

 

 

-The End-

 


A U T H O R 'S   N O T E :

      I just wanna say thank you to all of my subscribers, upvoters, and people who leave comments on every chapter. It was a little bit hard to translate a whole different language to English with the only thing that helps me is Google. So yes, I wanna say thank you Google as well, haha. Translating this story had been challenging yet I enjoyed it a lot. Like I said this is not my original storyline. The author of this novel/book is Ilana Tan, an Indonesian writer. She got two more books that have a connection with the characters in this series. One of them is a story that I also translated called, Spring in London so make sure you guys check that out as well ^^ 

     I was planning to translate and rewrite two more of her stories under the same series, yet I got destructed with BTS >.< I have heard some of their songs. And I really liked Jungkook way before they become worldwide stars! They're so talented. It may sound stupid but I did try not to watch any Korean music shows even Korean dramas for at least 2 years. It's just something that I think I should do. But now I'm getting so addicted to it >.< I've been listening to k-pop songs for couple days now. Nonstop! But anyway, I just wanna say that I am writing a new original story of mine. Yes, I am writing a KookU story! I am soo excited! I've been up so late editing pictures and making the foreword, etc. I really hope everyone will enjoy this new story I got for everyone. I'm sorry WooU shippers. I am in love Jungkook now, haha. And knowing that he idolizes IU so much made me wanna write a story about them. Well, is it mainly gonna be about Jungkook and IU?? Or IU with Wooyoung?? 

    Make sure you guys check it out. Click on the title for an easy way to check the new story ^^  

                                                                                    Cloaked Heart                              Lust for Friendship 

                                                                      1439244_58825e.jpg            1257536_6598dd.jpg