Chapter 15

서울의 여름 (Summer In Seoul)

 

Related image

 

Chapter 15


 

"So eun, after I thought about it, you should not get involved with the boy again."

So eun moves the phone to her left ear. "Mom, I already told you that my relationship with him is not what you think. "

At the other end, her mother sighed heavily and said, "I don't care if you have that kind of relationship, but what matters the most is that you don't mix up your feelings with the artist. "

So eun turn took a deep breath.

"At first I thought you could finish it, but it doesn't seem so," Said her mother again. Her voice sounded sad. "Why do you have to get involved with him? Did you forget about Min Jung? "

So eun paused. She felt no need to be reminded of the problem. She has not forgotten. She will never forget about it. How can I forget? Since I first met Junho until now, every time I see Junho, I always think of Min Jung. I'm asking myself whether my decision was right.

Now she felt something wrong about her decision. She should not have been involved with Junho, because now her heart and mind is chaotic. She can not calm down because she has not been fully honest with the man.

"Do not tell me this time is different from Min Jung's problem," her mother said again.

"Although this is different, you wouldn't care. Please don't get involved with my matter again. Junho is a good man, Ma, " So eun said.

"I don't know if he's a good or a bad person," her mother interrupted quickly. "What I know is that your sister's death has something to do with him. So stay away from Junho. Stay away from him. "

So eun gasped. "Why do you talk like that? You are talking as if Junho himself who caused Min Jung's death. "

"That's not what I'm trying to say!" Her mother said loudly. "I just thought, if only Min Jung did not go to Korea and to be on that fan meeting, she would still be alive. Living with us. "

Basically, her mother was not a narrow-minded person, So eun knew that. Her mother is not a person who likes to wish. Actually, this is not what So eun expected when she decided to help Junho. It was just for her to get to know Junho, get to know him better. Just a minute and that's it. She didn't have any intention whatsoever. How could she know the problem might turn out to be like this? How could she know that even her feelings could turn out like this?

After hanging up, So eun got out of bed and walked to the window. She pulled back the curtain and looked out the window. Rain. How long has it been raining? She did not realize it. 

So eun took a deep breath, then let it out slowly. She held her cheek feels warm. True, her sister, Min Jung, is dead. Min Jung is a number one fan of Junho. Min Jung is the fan who died on the fan meeting four years ago. Who could have guessed Min Jung would die just for attending a fan meeting? So eun still remembers when Min Jung called her four years ago.

 

"So eun!" Cried her sister excitedly. "The show just finished yay! Finally, I met Junho I saw him! I even talked to him! Oh yes, I managed to get souvenirs! I got two. One for you. And I also got a brooch from him! He distributed ten brooches to his fans. I was one of them! Lucky, right? "

So eun just sniffed and laughed. "Aw, I'm happy for you. Surely Onni is the only person in Indonesia there? Did you talk to him? In what language? Can you speak in the Korean language?

"Do not take your Onni lightly," her sister said with a laugh. "I can speak English a little. Korean language? At least I can say "annyeonghaseyo Junho-Oppa ". That's the most important thing. "

So eun smiled at her sister's laughter on the other end.

"Why didn't you come? It's your loss you know, "said Min Jung again.

So eun winced. "Oh, I know that I'm not a fan of Junho. What's the purpose of me going to a fan meeting of an artist whom I barely like or know? It's like Onni will sacrifice anything just so you could see him. "

"Love needs sacrifice," Min Jung said poetically, then laughed freely.

So eun laughed too.

"Well, now I'm waiting for him to come out," Min Jung said. "Wow, it's starting to rain. Oh, well, well, well ... that's him already out. Let's call it a night. I'll be back soon. Don't eat first. Wait for me. Annyeong! ** "

 

It was the last time So eun heard Min Jung's voice. Min Jung did not come home to eat dinner with her. So eun was waiting for her to go home to eat, but she didn't come home. After a long wait, call rings and So eun was almost paralyzed by the news. She can not remember what she did then. Everything is blurred. If I'm not mistaken, she immediately called her parents who lives in Jakarta, then ran to the hospital. Min Jung did not open her eyes when So eun arrived at the hospital.

Her sister did not open her eyes when their Mom and Dad arrived at the hospital. She does not even open her eyes when Mom called her name. Min Jung never opened her eyes again.

 

* * *

 

So eun woke up from her reverie and realized that her cheeks were wet from tears. She wiped her tears with the palm of her hand, but the tears will not stop flowing.

Now what to do? Should I tell him?

Suddenly her cell phone rang. So eun gasped. She looked at her cell phone lying in bed. She wiped the tears and grabbed the phone. She looked at the phone screen is on. Junho.

"Hello?"

"So eun?" Came Junho's voice. "Have you eaten?"

So eun absently smiled. "Did you call just to ask that?"

"Why not?" Junho replied. "Have you eaten already?"

"Of course I have. It's past the dinner hour, "So eun said. "You have not eaten?"

"Not yet. I just finished filming for a television show, "replied Junho, then came a sneeze.

"What happened to you? Flu? " So eun asked.

"No. It's just the weather is rather cold today, "said Junho.

So eun hears it looks like Junho is cleaning his nose.

"It's raining now. Do not wander around. Wear thick clothes a bit, " So eun advises.

"Are you my mother?" Junho replied with a small laugh.

"Just trying to show a little attention. Never mind. It is okay. I will go eat with Goong Min Hyung. "

"Junho ssi." Ah, did she just call Junho?

"What?"

So eun doesn't know what she wants to say. She just wanted to hear Junho's voice.

"Are you all right?" Junho asked in a worried voice.

So eun shakes her head, but after realizing Junho cannot see her, she said, "No, I'm fine."

"Then what do you want to say?"

So eun did not answer.

"Wow, you miss me?" Junho joked.

"Um."

"What? What did you say? "

So eun hesitated a moment, then set her heart. "Um, I do miss you. "

"Okay, that means I have to run to see you now," Junho said.

So eun laughed. "That's not necessary."

"You're at home, right? Wait there. I'll be there soon."

"Junho ssi, no need. Besides, it's rain-Junho ssi? Hello? Junho ssi. Oh, God. " So eun stared at her cell phone in wonder. What's wrong with him? Is he serious?

 

* * *

 

Junho can barely believe his own ears. So eun misses the boy. He immediately got up from the seat and collected his things.

"Junho, where are we going to eat?" Asked the manager who had just entered the makeup room. "Want to eat with-hey, where are you going?"

Junho glances at Goong Min and says, "I'm sorry, Hyung. I have to see So eun now. "

"Oh? Why rush like that? "Asked the manager again. "What happened? Is she okay? "

Junho who has walked up to the door turns and looks at his manager. He is smiling to see his manager confused.

"She missed me," Junho says, then leaves Goong Min Park still looks confused.

 

* * *

 

So eun heard the doorbell ring. That was fast. She got up and walked to the door. When she opens the door, Junho is already standing there while smiling widely.

"Didn't I tell you not to come here," So eun said. "It's rain - "

So eun is stunned when Junho suddenly hugs her. Her breath caught and for a moment So eun forgot how to breathe again.

"Junho ssi," she said his name softly.

Junho still hugging her. "And we just saw each other yesterday, why does it feel like I have not seen you for a long time? " Murmured the man.

So eun just chuckled. "Didn't you say you have not eaten yet?"

Suddenly Junho releases his hug and grabs So eun's shoulder with both hands. "That's right. Come on, accompany me to eat out. "

"Hold on." So eun held him back. Does she have to tell Junho About Min Jung?

"What's up?" Junho asked.

It should be said now. But how?  No, she must think first. She must think of her words. She will tell Junho, but not now.

"It's okay," So eun said finally. "Okay, I'll go with you outside."

 

* * *

 

Vaguely So eun heard sirens, like ambulance sirens or police cars. No, not a siren. That's the doorbell. She turned around and trying to open her eyes. She glanced at the small clock beside her bed. Who possibly wants to come at this time?

So eun forced herself to get out of bed and halfway consciously, she staggered to the door and opened it.

"Oh, Hye Sun?" She said after seeing who was standing at the door. She stepped back a step for her friend to get in.

Without saying anything, Hye Sun bursts in. So eun was rather surprised to see her friend coming in with an attitude. She closed the door again and came in after her friend.

Hye Sun stands upright in the middle of the room. Her face was serious.

"Hye Sun, what's up?" So eun asked cautiously.

Hye Sun opens the bag and takes out a few sheets of paper. She spun her body facing her friend, So eun.

"I don't know what to say," Hye Sun said. She held out papers to So eun. "Please explain what all this means."

So eun frowned and took the papers from Hye Sun's hands. Upon reading the first paper, her body became stiff.

"I got the article from the internet and I printed it," Hye Sun said.

So eun put a hand on her forehead. The sentences of the article circled in her mind, making her head throb.

... Who exactly is So eun? Junho's lover or someone who wants to get revenge? ... So eun is Min Jung's younger sister who died at a fan meeting four years ago ... What does it mean to approach Junho? ... Take revenge for her sister's death ... Does Junho already know? Or not ... Just plain atone for sin? ... Pity...

There is also a picture of her. A clear photo. This photo ... So eun remembered, it must have been taken when she met two fangirls in the middle of the road when she delivered stuff at Junho's house. At that time she felt them holding the phone. Apparently, they were taking pictures at that time. They were photographing it and finding out about her.

"So eun, what does that mean?" Hye Sun asked.

So eun shook her head. "Where do they know all of this?"

Hye Sun grabs So eun's shoulder and shakes her body. "You mean all of this is true?"

So eun looks at Hye Sun with a puzzled look. "Yes ... No ... Yes ... no, no."

"For God's sake, answer!" Yelled Hye Sun.

So eun sat down on the floor. Her hands still hold the papers.

Hye Sun takes a breath and sits on the floor. "All right," she said quietly. "I will ask and you answer. "

So eun just stared at her friend, then stared at the papers in her hand.

"Do you really have a sister?" Hye Sun asked.

So eun nodded.

"Your sister is Junho's dead fan?"

She nodded again and heard Hye Sun's breath catch up.

"Why haven't you ever told me all this time? All this time I thought you're the only child. "

"But, Hye Sun, the things written in this article ... about revenge ... it's not correct. I have no such intentions. You have to believe me, "So eun said in a panic.

"Of course I trust you," Hye Sun said. "Now the problem is not that. The fans of Junho are very angry, you know that. On each website, Junho has articles of this kind, as well as uncomfortable comments. This can be a big scandal, So eun. And you're not a stranger now. Your face is on the internet. It will soon be on tabloids. You're going to be chased by reporters, So eun. "

So eun felt her head spin. What has she done?

"Junho already knows about your sister?"

She was stunned. Junho. The man does not know anything. She has not had time to ... So eun hurried to her feet and reached for her cell phone.

"Junho doesn't know yet?"

So eun hears Hye Sun asking, but she does not answer. She pressed the button of her cell phone with trembling hands, then stuck it to her ear. Not active. Junho's phone is not activated. She tried calling his home number. No answer as well.

She closes her phone in a slow motion. Her head was heavy. What now? She took a deep breath, then walked quickly towards her wardrobe.

"So eun, where are you going?" Hye Sun asked.

"I have to see him," So eun said as she pulled her jacket from the inside of the cabinet.

 

 * * *

 

Junho sits at his computer with his head bowed. This morning he woke up with a happy feeling. At that moment he somehow felt uncomfortable with feeling like that, as if the happy feeling will not last long.

It turned out to be proven. Early in the morning, Goong Min has called, told him to open his laptop and go to a website.

Junho reads the articles listed on the website. Is that true?

The fan who died four years ago was So eun's sister? Right now he is only to realize the little things that once made him wonder, but at that time he was not really paying attention to any of it.

Junho remembers, at that time they were eating roast beef at Hyun's house. Goong Min Hyong tells the girl about Junho's fan. So eun looked surprised and coughed, then she asked, "Fanmeeting? Just like what it used to be?"

Then when he asks for help she picks a gift for fans, the girl suggested a brooch. When Junho says he has once given a brooch to his fans, the girl said, "Aah, that's right."

Junho also asked him about the accident four years ago. Moments later her face got a bit pale, Junho just realizes it now. She also said, "I think ... you're not wrong."

Junho also remembers the words of his manager first. Goong Min never commented that he felt strange about So eun not asking for anything in return for the taking pictures with him and pretend to be his lover.

Junho wipes his face with both hands, eyes staring at the computer screen. Does So eun really have anything to do with my fans? Does she want revenge? No, not possible.

Junho had said the accident was not his fault. No, he can not just sit. What is he waiting for? He must see So eun. He had to talk to her. What am I talking about? He does not know. He can not think. But for sure, he should meet the girl.

Just as Junho gets up from the chair, his telephone rings. He let the answering machine receive it. He grabbed his car keys and was about to step out of the door when his manager's voice on the answering machine buzz up.

"Junho, please pick up the phone. I know you're there. Junho! "

Junho just stares at the answering machine.

"They want to see you. You must come here. "

Junho knows who "they" are.. The producers and his agent.

He picked up the receiver and said, "I want to see her and I'll go there as quickly as possible.. "

As he had expected, many journalists were waiting outside his house. He could hear them screaming for him from the front of the fence. Junho goes straight into the car, opens the fence with the remote control, and dashed away ignoring the journalists. He can not give any comment. Not until he met So eun.

Not yet far away from home, Junho saw a small girl running towards him. The girl was running towards his house.

So eun ran as fast as possible. She ran down the road towards Junho's house. She must meet the man. She must explain everything as soon as possible. Suddenly, she saw a red car speeding towards her small figure. It is Junho's car. She stops running, trying to catch her breath. Junho sees how So eun is catching her breath as he stops the car beside her.

So eun saw the car window being lowered, she sees his eyes staring at her behind his sunglasses. So eun couldn't say anything because she was still trying to catch her breathing.

"Get in," said Junho. "There are many reporters behind. 

Along the way, they didn't talk. Junho keeps staring straight at the road. So eun wanted to start a conversation but didn't know where to start. 

From the man's silence, she was sure that the man already knew about the article on the internet. 

Is he mad? I have no idea. So eun glances at Junho carefully.

It's hard to see his expression from behind his dark sunglasses. Finally, So eun choose to stay silent. 

Junho's car continues to drive out of town. So eun estimates them heading towards the beach. Apparently, it's true. Finally, Junho stopped the car on a quiet roadside. To their right is a vast sea. And on their left, there are several restaurants. 

So eun sat tensed while Junho turned off the engine. From the corner of her eyes, she sees Junho took off his sunglasses but still wearing the hat. The man took a deep breath and removed his seat belt. Then opened the car door and came out.

"You can come out now," he said to  So eun.

She let go of the seat belt slowly. Her brain keeps composing words on what she wanted to say to Junho. She got out of the car and approached Junho who is standing and half leaning on the front of the car, looking at the sea. 

So eun stood beside the man. She wanted to open her lips, but there was no sound coming out. She doesn't like to see Junho this quiet. 

"Sorry," Junho muttered.

So eun turned to him. What did he just said? Sorry? 

Junho is still looking at the sea. He exhaled, "I'm sorry." he said once again. His tone was weak as if he could not say any other words. "Forgive me."

So eun frowned in surprised, "Sorry for what?" she asked.

Junho turned to look at her smiling faintly, "About your sister," he said. "Forgive me."

So eun's heart felt like someone is squeezing it. Why does he have to be sorry? I should be the one to apologize for not telling him since the beginning. 

"No," she said. "Why do you have to apologize? You did nothing wrong."

"So, the article is correct?" asked Junho again.

So eun doesn't wanna hear Junho's voice like that. The man looked very sad, hopeless and disappointed.

So eun took a breath, then let it out slowly. "Right, I used to have an older sister. True, she died four years ago. And right, she died after attending the fan meeting. "

Junho's head bowed. They pause for a moment, then Junho Asked quietly, "I thought you were the only child."

She turns her head towards Junho, then turns back to the sea. Her words flowing smoothly. "Before my mother married my father, my mother was married to a fellow Indonesians. Min Jung is the result of the marriage to her first husband. But when Min Jung was two years old, her father died. Two years after, my mother married my father. I was born. When I was ten years old our family moves to Seoul. Min Jung didn't want to come so she stayed in Jakarta with our grandmother. Even so, our relationship is very good. She often comes to Seoul but never speaks your language.

"Four years ago, she came to Seoul to attend one of your fan meetings. She's one of your biggest fans. She always talks about you. Sometimes I'm tired of hearing everything she tells me. I don't understand why she idolizes you so much. Before she went to the event, she kept trying to go and accompany her to the fan meeting, but I didn't want to. She said it's gonna be my loss if I don't see Junho Lee or hear him sing.

"I want you to understand I don't blame you." So eun stares at Junho. The man is also looking at her. "That's why I never thought of revenge against you. Maybe at first, you wondered why I was willing to help you, why I'm willing to get involved in your business. I just wanted to get to know you, get to know you better. I wonder why my sister likes you. I was thinking, if I can understand why my sister likes you, I will feel more understanding and my feelings will improve. It's only that."

So eun looked away. "I should have told you earlier. Forgive me."

Junho puts his hands in his pants pockets. "Then," he said, "what can you understand your sister? "

She smiled faintly. Junho asks the right questions.

Had she understood Min Jung? Has she found the answer why Min Jung really likes Junho?

"I don't think so," she replied.

"Not yet?"

So eun turns to look at Junho. The man is also looking at him With an unpredictable facial expression.

"I do not think I'll ever understand it," So eun continued, "because I think what I feel is different from what Min Jung feels. "

Junho's brow furrowed in disbelief.

It seems that the love Min Jung feels for you is different from the likes I feel for you, So eun told herself.

Her eyes looked into Junho's eyes straight.

The wrinkles on Junho's forehead slowly disappear. When the new will said something, his phone rang. He pulled out his cell phone quickly.

"Hello? ... Erm ... I understand. "

Junho just utters those short words, then closes the flap

Her phone back.

"From Uncle Goong Min?" She asked.

Junho glances at it, then nods. "Um."

"You were told to meet him, didn't you?"

Junho does not answer.

"Maybe ... Do you think we should not meet each other for a while? I mean, because there's a problem like this. I think we both need to ...think."

Junho exhales loudly but does not say anything.

They both fell silent for a while. Each one enjoys the silence that was only punctuated by the waves. Somehow there is a split of feelings peaceful at that time. If possible, So eun wants time to stop right then and there. She wants to enjoy the silence, the peaceful feeling, and the soothing sound of the sea with Junho next to her. But of course, that's impossible.

Fast or slowly they have to face reality.

"We'd better go back now," She finally said.

Junho moves, intending to stay away from the car when suddenly she feels her wrist

His hands are banned. He turns and sees Junho gripping

His wrist without looking at it. Suddenly he found it difficult to breathe.

"You don't have to worry," Junho said in a low voice. "Let me solve this problem. After that, we will talk again. You ... you want to wait until then? "

So eun nodded, then said once again, "Let's go back now ..."

 

A/N: Hey guys!! HAPPY NEW YEAR! It's been a while since the last time I updated. Busy with my normal life although I love my undercover life with this amazing fanfiction website ^^ Anyway, I am almost done with the story. As for my last update with the IU and Wooyoung story, I hope can update it within this week. Let me know what you think about this chapter ^^