Chapter 7

서울의 여름 (Summer In Seoul)

 

tumblr_m1bu919qbR1qbacsk.jpg

 

Chapter 7


 

The phone is still ringing. So eun wondered if she should answer it or not. She had seen the letters appear on her phone's screen. From Mister Kim. Today is the day and So eun should not work. Why does her boss calling? But So eun also knows if doesn't answer her phone, Mister Lee will keep calling her until the sea dries up.

Finally, she gave up and grabbed her phone.

"Hello ..." One reason why she is lazy to answer the phone is that she has a sore throat and she could not speak as usual. Now her voice is almost like a whisper of the wind.

Across from the other line came Mister Lee's shrill voice. "God, Miss Han. Why do you sound like a ghost? I know, I know, it's Sunday. But I should keep calling you for help. Please give your clothes to Junho, huh? We are busy here. Yes, very busy. No one had time to bring her clothes. Help, please? Deliver the clothes to his home. You know the address? Of course not, stupid me. Eeh ... the address is where ya? Briefly, Yes ... Mister Cha ... MISTER CHA! Where do you put Junho's address? Please, find it for me. Miss Kim, back to our conversation. Tell you what, I'll send Junho's address via SMS to you once I find it later. You can take his clothes from the boutique then go straight to his house huh? Thank you very much. Miss Kim, you are very kind. Bye-bye! "

So eun heard the phone close at the other end. She didn't get an opportunity to talk. Even if she had a chance, she would not be able to talk much. She takes a slow breath and exhales slowly as well. Maybe her boss from the past until now will not be able to change. As a matter of fact. dictator, So eun thought silently as she glared at her phone.

You better increase my salary or I will resign. Just look who will work for you.

These words have been spoken often, but she has never really submitted a letter of resignation. Although, Mister Lee is a strange person and, So eun feels she can learn a lot from him. Since childhood So eun loves the fashion world. So, although the road is not always smooth, she is happy to work with a famous fashion designer who did not hesitate to teach her many things.

So eun took another swig of tea and sat huddled on the bed. It was already noon, but she was still reluctant to get up from her bed. That morning she woke up, ached and her voice began to hoarse. Maybe this is the effect of all the screams and yelling yesterday at Junho's fan meet.

Yesterday she was indeed screamed as hard as possible together with the thousands of other fans. She just kept screaming to enliven the atmosphere. As a result, today is hard for her to speak!

So eun was just about to fall asleep when she remembered Mr. Lee's orders. While clucking her tongue with annoyance and cursing in her heart, she woke up and change clothes.

About an hour and a half later, So eun was already standing in front of Junho's door. Junho is in a luxury residential area. She can only be amazed in the heart. That night, when she first came there, she didn't look around. At that time she was frustrated. Now So eun is can see clearly the shape of the house hidden behind the high iron fence.

She let her eyes feast on the two-story house that is quite large, with a white wall, a spacious veranda, and lots of glass windows. So eun liked the veranda on the second floor. She raised her hand to shade her eyes from the sun and look up at the house with a happy feeling.

Then, she reached out and rang the doorbell. Next thing that happened when Junho's voice came from the intercom.

So eun hesitated. She cleared , although it did not help at all, Pressed the intercom button, and mentioned her name in a hoarse voice.

"What? Who? Sorry, your voice is less clear, "Junho's voice rang out again.

So eun repeated her words, frowning. Junho should be able to see who is standing at the door. A big house like this must have a surveillance camera. Certainly. Why should the man make getting sore?

"I still don't understand what you're saying. But, all right. Come in, So eun. "

So eun looked away and grunted. Right, right? Junho knew who was standing at the door. Carrying a few clothes-wrapped clothes hangers, So eun past the iron fence that opens automatically then pushes it up closing it with her feet. She climbed the steps to the big house.

Junho is waiting at the door. The man is wearing a loose gray shirt and black trousers. His hair was a bit messy because it was not laid out. So eun notices Junho staring at her from head to foot, then returned to her face. "What is wrong with you? Which area are you sick? "Junho asked unceremoniously.

So eun pointed at her neck.

"Have you taken any medicine?" Junho asks again.

So eun smiled and nodded.

Junho looks at her, then asks, "Why did you come here?"

So eun held up the clothes she was carrying. "Mr. Lee ... try to... "

Junho waves his hands. "God ... I can not bear to hear your terrible voice. Come with me, I have a medicine for you. Come in."

So eun tried to speak, but was too painful for her to talk. Accurately she obeyed. However, she can not fight Junho's words in such circumstances like this. Just wait until the sound is back to normal.

Inside the house, she took off her shoes and wore a home sandals indicated by Junho. The inside of the house was immaculate. All the furniture and decoration inside the house seemed luxurious. After putting clothes on the nearest sofa, So eun sees the photographs hanging on the wall. Most photos are a pair of men and a middle-aged woman. So eun thinks they're Junho's parents. There are also some photos of Junho as a child, teen, and now.

It was so much fun, So eun studied the photos that she did not notice Junho is standing beside her.

"Why do you suddenly have a sore throat? Because of yesterday? " He asked.

"Yesterday ... screaming ... meeting," So eun tried to explain.

Junho laughs. "Ah, so because yesterday you screamed? Pabo (stupid). Drink this, " he said as he held out a glass of brown liquid that is concentrated.

So eun accepts it hesitantly.

"Don't worry. It's not an anesthetic. Drink it and soon your throat will improve. "

So eun looks at Junho walking back to the kitchen. After with

Hesitantly drinking the liquid, which turned out to be quite good, she looked again around the room. There was a white grand piano in the living room and she doesn't remember it when she first came to his house. So eun the piano's surface and open the lid. She can not play an instrument, but she does like listening to music. She punched one of the piano keys and smiled to herself.

"Hey, don't grasp around haphazardly." So eun looks up and sees Junho walking towards her.

She waves her arms to tell Junho to come while pointing at the piano.

"What?" Junho asked confused after standing near the piano.

"This," So eun whispered hoarsely as she wiggled her fingers like she's playing the piano.

"Do you want me to play the piano?"

So eun nods and pulls Junho to sit on the piano chair.

Junho sits reluctantly and says, "How much do you want me to play?"

"A lot?" So eun asked as she moved her chin.

"How much do you want to pay for this game?" Junho repeats.

So eun pushed the man's shoulder and pointed firmly at the piano.

"Yes, yes. I understand, "Junho said.

A soft piano clinking sound began to be heard. So eun stood on the side of the piano, propping her chin on top while looking at Junho's fingers dancing on the piano keys. When the strains played by the man, he finally stopped, So eun clapped her hands.

"Very good!" She said, then held her neck. "Eh, my throat is getting better. "

Junho smiles. "I told you the medicine works."

"Play one more song," So eun begged.

Suddenly a phone starts ringing. So eun reached into her pants pocket and took out her phone. The look on her face changed when she saw the screen. She soon unlocks the phone and walks away from Junho so the man wouldn't hear the conversation.

"Hello? What's up, Ha Neul-ssi?" So eun spoke in a low voice. "What? Now? I can not. I'm being ... uh ... "

"A call from Goong Min, Hyung, huh?" Junho exclaimed loudly.

So eun jumped up in surprise and hastily hung up the phone with her hand. But there's no point, Han Neul has heard those words clearly.

"So eun, are you with someone?" Han Neul asked in a tone of suspicious. So eun stares at Junho who puts on a plain face, then said softly, "Yes. I have to go. Alright then?"

So eun hung up and put her hands on her hips. Junho is crazy huh? If It's Uncle Goong Min's calling, So eun's is not possible to talk with a soft voice like before.  "Junho, what are you doing? Do you want people to know about us? "Asked So eun, staring at Junho who rose from the chair.

Junho does not seem to care. He just passed by So eun and said, "I'll go to my room first."

So eun looks at the figure of Junho who climbs the stairs quickly, then disappeared at the end of the stairs. What a freak! So eun shook her head and came back looking around Junho's house. Rarely anyone can get into the artist's home. This opportunity should be put to good use.

She was watching the baseball bat with wonder when she heard her phone rings again. Who else is calling me? Han Neul? she asked herself looking into right-left, looking for the origin of the sound. Where did she put her phone? Ah, that's it, above the piano.

She ran toward the piano and instantly answered the phone. "Hello?"

"Hello? Who is this? " Asked the woman's voice on the other end. So eun frowned. She doesn't recognize her voice. So she asked,

"This is So eun. May I know who's speaking? "

The woman's voice did not hesitate when she replied, "Isn't this Junho's phone? "

So eun was surprised. God! Again she took the wrong phone. She spun her head around the room and see her phone lying on the dining table. What now?!

"Oh ... Yeah, it's Junho's phone," So eun said nervously. "Let me call him, "

The woman on the other end abruptly held her back. "Wait a minute. You are the girl in the photo with Junho, right? "

So eun holds her breath and turns toward the stairs, hoping for Junho to appear soon.

"I ... I ..." So eun really didn't know what to say. She is not told how to deal with people who ask about her relationship with Junho.

"It's okay," the woman's voice changed pleasantly. "I'm Junho's mother."

Oh God! His mother? This knowledge even makes So eun to panic.

"Ah, how are you, Auntie?" So eun said, trying to sound calm even though she was shifting uneasily. Then, So eun hang up the phone with her hand and called out calling Junho with her still slightly hoarse voice. "Junho ssi!"

She put the phone back against her ear and said, "Junho will come down soon."

Junho's mother laughs softly. "It's great to hear your voice. Although Junho has not introduced you to us yet. You said your name is So eun, isn't it? It sounds like you're having a cold. Are you okay?"

"Oh, I'm fine." Just at that moment, she sees Junho coming down the stairs, she quickly ran towards the man.

"Junho-ssi is already here. Please talk to him, "So eun said, then handed the phone to Junho.

Junho receives the phone in confusion. "Who?"

"Your mother," So eun whispered in a panic.

Junho raises his eyebrows in surprise and answers the phone. "Hello, Mom?" Then, suddenly he pulled the phone away from his ear. Even So, eun can hear the sound of Junho's mother is shouting loudly.

Finally, Junho puts the phone back to his ear and says, "It's not that I don't want to tell you and dad, it's just that... I think ... I know ... What? I am at home. Yes alright. I'll explain to dad later. What? ... He?"

So eun was a little confused when the man looked at her.

"Just a minute," Junho said, and handed the phone to So eun. So eun looks at Junho and the phone alternately.

"My mom wants to talk to you," Junho said as he put the phone on So eun's hand. "It's okay."

So eun bit her lip and looked at Junho. Then, she put up the phone into her ears and greet Junho's mother. She listens to the words the older woman briefly nodded and occasionally said "Good" and "I understand". Finally, she said "see you" and hang up the phone.

"My mom said what?" Junho asked when So eun returned his phone.

So eun retorted, "What did you tell your mother about me?"

"I have not even said a word," Junho said. "My dad saw our pictures on the internet and my mom called to inquire about the truth. "

So eun just nodded. "Oh, our pictures are on the internet, too?"

"Then, my mom tell you what?" Junho asked again.

So eun smiled. "SHe said I should keep an eye on your meal because you often forget to eat when you are busy working. She also said I have to be patient a lot when it comes to you, especially if you're being cranky. She said you are a good boy and will not make me disappointed. Your mother also said she wanted to meet me and ask you to take me to America to meet her. "

Junho groaned. "Very chatty. Why is my mom so nice to you? She was screaming at me. "

So eun shrugged. "Maybe your mother prefers girls. Hey, if not wrong, your mom an author, right? I've read one of her books and I really like it. Your mom really thinks I'm your girlfriend, huh? Wow great."

Junho ignores So eun's words and asks, "Why did you answer my phone? "

So eun cleared and replied, "I thought that my phone was ringing. Thinking that someone is calling me. When your phone rang, I thought he was calling again. I told you to change your ringtone. "

"Who's calling?"

"A friend," So eun said, turning her head away. "Oh, look at it. It's already time for lunch. No wonder I'm getting hungry. You haven't eaten yet, have you? "

Junho put his hands on his hips and looked down at the floor. Then, he raised his head and said, "Then, we should go out to eat."

"Hey, do you want us to get caught by your fans? Do you want to make my life difficult? " Asked So eun.

"Then, how are we gonna eat?"

"We'll order pizza," So eun suggested quickly. "I have not had pizza for a long time. Okay?"

"A sore throat is going to eat pizza?" Junho asked. "You will eat porridge only. "

"My throat is healed," So eun protested.

 

* * *

 

"When will you take me to see your mother?"

Junho raises his head and looks at the girl who is biting the pieces of pizza in front of him and was startled. Then, So eun laughed and said, "I'm just joking. Don't be so confused. "

Junho goes back to eating his pizza without saying a word.

"Last month when you came to America, did you go visit your parents? "So eun asked absently.

"How did you know I went to America last month?" Junho turns back asking.

So eun shrugged her shoulders. "Everyone knows," she said. "In the present time, nothing can be hidden when you're a celebrity. People have many ways to find out things. From the basics, such as about your mother's author, your dad is a composer, and they live in the United States until the size of your shirt and the time you sleep at night."

"Really?" Junho smiles and adds, "So is there anything else that people don't know about me? "

So eun paused to think. Then, "Uh, there is," So eun said firmly.

"What?"

So eun smiled proudly and replied, "People don't know that you know me. "

Ah, she's right. They both have secrets. Somehow this makes Junho happy.

"There's something I want to ask you," Junho said suddenly. So eun looked at him, waiting for his words. "I want to know who called you," Junho said. He looked at So eun's face changed so he quickly added, "Don't me it's just a friend and doesn't try to change the subject. "

So eun opened her lips and closed it again. Junho realizes the girl is uncertain.

"Is it your ex-boyfriend you told me?" Junho asked cautiously. So eun took a deep breath and exhaled it. Then, she nodded. Junho suddenly feels lackluster. He asked again, "Why? Why is he still calling you after what he did to you? "

So eun shrugged. "I have no idea. I don't understand too. He just invites me to hang out, go out and eat, and little things like that. "

Junho doesn't notice that his voice getting louder. "Then, why do you still want to see him? "

So eun looked at him in surprise. "I guess I'm ... I ... I don't know."

Junho can see So eun rather confused to answer his question.

"After all ... do we have to be enemies after separation?" So eun said finally.

"Until now ... do you still love him?" The words just slid from Junho's mouth that cannot be prevented. Then, without realizing it, his body tightened waiting for the girl's answer.

So eun looked doubtful, then finally answered, "Maybe."

"What?"

So eun looked at him rather bewilderedly. "Maybe," she said again. "Maybe I still have feelings for him. I have no idea."

Suddenly, Junho finds it hard to breathe. His eyes were fixed on the table but his eyes went blank. His mind is also empty. Then, he heard So eun's voice again. "It's my personal problem No need to worry. I promise not to say anything about you two to that person. I'm the one who can differentiate my personal problems with work."

Junho laughs sourly. "So?"

"There's something I want to ask you," So eun said suddenly.

Junho looks at her face seriously, "What?"

So eun doesn't look at Junho but looks at the pizza in her hand. "The thing that happened four years ago ... Can you tell me? "

Junho is stunned. He didn't expect So eun to ask that. So eun glanced at him and added, "I just want to hear the story from your side ... if you don't mind. "

Somehow Junho feels a bit uneasy. Until now he still can't forget about the incident. An accident that just happened yesterday.

"What do you want to know?"

"Everything."

Junho takes a deep breath. His gaze widened. His words sliding slowly and flatly. "It was over. Rain is falling. I was in the car waiting at the main door. The fans are still huddled around my car. They were screaming, jostling. My driver could barely run the car. The security guards were also overwhelmed paving the way for cars to pass. Finally, they managed to hold back the fans. The car began to move. Slow, not fast, because I'm still waving to the fans. Then it just happened. "

Junho frowns at the moment.

"The car braked suddenly. When I asked my driver what happened, he said one of my fans was hit. Like nightmare. Everyone panic and the girl was quickly rushed to the hospital. We are not allowed see her because the doctor has to do a check in the emergency room. I'm not sure exactly what happened, but I do have eyewitnesses, fans are pushing each other and this girl is pushed to fall into the front just as my car passed. Although the car is not speeding, the girl's head got hit the asphalt so ... "

Junho hears her gasping breath. But when he looked up, he saw the girl nodding slightly, asking Junho to continue the story. What's in her mind? Junho wants to know.

Still somewhat reluctantly, Junho continues, "I heard the girl is not from Seoul. She e came from afar to ... I didn't even have time to visit her because she was immediately taken home somewhere. We just can convey the words of sorrow through the media. "

So eun just shut up.

"What do you think?"

So eun snapped out of her reverie. "Eh, what?"

"What do you think?" Junho repeated.

"Oh ... I don't know ... but I think ... you don't have to feel guilty about the incident."

Junho suspects So eun is nervous because she doesn't know what to say after hearing the story. But Junho feels that attitude is better than to pretend to understand his feelings.

 

A/N: The things I like about this story is how cute these two are <3 Chapter 7 is up. I hope you guys are having the finest day today. I am really sorry for not updating much often. No matter how much I wanna finish this story, I just couldn't find a perfect time to just sit and write chapters. I am working on Lust for Friendship. So, I hope you guys cheer me up now that I am having some issues with myself. Thank you! I love you all! ^^