Chapter 3

서울의 여름 (Summer In Seoul)

Image result for junho and so eun

Chapter 3


 

"I know I've asked your permission not to come to work today because you are not feeling well, but I really need you now, Miss Kim. Right now. We are very busy, we almost have no time to attract breath. I had to ask you to come, Miss Kim. Please come now. Please ... You must not be sick. Otherwise you must have hospitalized instead of resting at home. Okay, Miss Kim? "

So eun was lying in bed with her phone stuck to her ear. She listened to her boss's words flowing like a flood on the other end with her eyes closed. She should not have activated her cell phone today. Her boss should not contact her. The boss should not behave like this. The sick people are ordered to work? It's Saturday anyway.

"Miss Kim? Miss Kim? Hellooo? Are you listening to me, Miss Kim? I can't talk for too long, Miss Kim. We are very very busy. You're coming, aren't you? "

"Yes, yes, Mr. Lee. I'll get there in an hour, " So eun said lazily.

"You have half an hour to get to my studio, Miss Kim," said the boss before hanging up.

So eun stared at her cell phone with an irritated heart. "Look, you'll accept my resignation letter  on Monday. Dracula! Blood ers! Hhh, this can be crazy!" Cursing, So eun forced herself to get up and stumbled to her wardrobe.

Forty-three minutes later, So eun was standing in Lee's studio, he is one of the most popular fashion designers in Korea. The so-called studio by her boss is a messy workspace that is full of cloths and various of shades, both patchwork that are very useful as well as new fabrics. The studio is located on the top floor of a three-story building.  Lee's boutique itself consists of two floors: the first floor is reserved for general guests while the second floor is for VIP guests.

So eun walks in and sees a middle-aged elegant looking man with his hair painted in red, was looking at a skinny model with unsatisfying look. Then, with a single jerk, he told the model to leave and ask his men to call another model. Just as another model enters the room, Mr. Lee is aware of the existence of So eun and immediately squealed, "Miss Kim! You're late. Why-are you a minute ... " He turned to the new model and said curtly, "No, no! Not you. What should I do so that they understand what kind of a model I need? God! Get Mr. Cha over here. "

So eun felt sorry for the expression of the woman's surprise. She must admitted that Mr. Lee is not an easy guy. Sometimes geniuses are hard to make them happy.

Mr. Lee again focuses on So eun. "You see, Miss Kim, we are busy for fashion shows. Please carry your clothes that needs to be try. "

What? To whom? Which outfit? Mr. Lee is always expecting people can immediately understand the words that are not always clear.

"Delivered to whom and tried what, Mr. Lee?" So eun asked.

Mr. Lee looked at her with wide-eyed eyes, at least as wide as possible in the eyes that are basically slit. "God, Miss Kim. You must remember I told you about Junho, didn't I? He agreed that he will wear my design outfit in his every appearance. So you're be fast- Hurry to go there and make sure the clothes fit the size and his taste. "

Then, before So eun asks again she has pointed to the wheeled rack that is near the door, "That! The clothes on that shelf! "

No, you have not mentioned this to me yet, So eun silently grumble, but what comes out of her mouth is, "Who are you calling just now?"

"Junho. The singer. You don't know? Never mind, whether you know or not, it's not an important issues. Get there quick! He's been waiting at the boutique. Come on over there. Go! Hurry! " He said as he pushed So eun's back toward the exit of his studio.

 

* * *

 

So eun pushed the nearly-unfilled rack of wheels that are full of clothes along the corridor. Still resentful, she walked to the elevator. In the middle of the road So eun passed with a boutique guard who already knew her well and told her that Junho is already waiting on the second floor.

Arriving at the door of the second floor demonstration room that exuded an impression of elite, she paused for a moment. She hesitated. Why should she meet Junho again? What should she say to him? What should she do? The guy already knows about the photos that are in the tabloid?

So eun sighed and bit her lip. Maybe Junho won't remember her. So eun nodded. True, Junho must have forgotten her. Artists must have a hard time remembering faces because every day they have to meet so many new people. It must be so. How could they remember each people when they meet in a short time, right?

With that confidence, So eun pushed the big glass door in front of her and stepped in. She took a deep breath and forced her legs to walk. So eun stood in front of the white door of one of the demonstration rooms and again pulled out

Breath. All right, this is it. Do it and finish it as soon as possible! Don't worry. That person will not remember you. Just do your job. She grabbed the door's handle and opened it.

"One of his men will deliver the clothes here," said Goong Min while hanging up the phone.

Junho exhales loudly and slams into the soft couch that is placed in the middle of the demonstration room. "I told you, we shouldn't come this fast. " He glanced at his watch. "Ah, I'm wrong, it turns out it's not us who came too soon. They are late. How long do I have to wait?"

Goong Min is about to answer when his phone rings for the tenth time in the last two hours. Junho looks at his manager who is speaking in formal languag.. Looks like a call from a producer or something. Goong Min gives gesture that he will exit briefly. Junho nods casually and Goong Min is out of that room.

Junho lays his head down on the back of the couch, trying to get hold of it. He had just been peaceful and almost asleep when he heard the sound of the door opening and a woman's voice can be heard.

"Good afternoon. Sorry to keep you waiting. "

Junho opens his eyes. The shoulder-haired, brown-headed girl enters the room while pushing a wheeled clothes rack. The girl bowed respectfully. Junho stood up and bowed slightly to return her greeting.

"Mr. Lee asked me to bring these clothes for you. Please try it on." The girl pushed the shelf to the far end of the room, to the changing cubicle. She pulled out one of the clothes from the changer and handed it to Junho. "Try it there," she said, pointing towards the closed chamber with thick curtains.

There was an awkward feeling that bothered Junho, but he doesn't know what makes him feel that way. He accepted the clothes she offered and went to the fitting room.

Finishing wearing clothes, Junho brushed aside the curtains. Exactly at that moment he saw the girl who brought the clothes was sitting on a round chair on the side sofa. The red hat has been removed and the girl was combing her curly hair with her fingers. Junho was stunned as he looked at the girl. That was his first time to see the girl's face clearly since she came in with the clothes rack.

Suddenly, the girl turned with a surprised face, as if she was aware of being noticed. She quickly put back her hat and stood up. "How was it? Does the clothes fit you? Do you like it?"

Isn't she the girl I met yesterday? No mistakes. Junho still remember the girl's face. A tired, pale face. The girl standing in front of him is indeed the girl from yesterday. Her face still looked tired and pale. But why this girl didn't say anything? Does she not recognize him?

"We've met," Junho said. He was not asking. He really is sure, therefore he wants to see the reaction of the girl.

The girl was stunned, then slowly raised her head and looked at Junho hesitantly.

The hesitant gaze is no doubt the same as the girl's gaze from yesterday when she came to his house. Junho waits for the girl to say something. After a few seconds of silence, the girl just murmured, "Oh?"

Junho is disappointed from the girl as she doesn't show any reaction. She just stares at him with big eyes. Is this girl stupid or she just really don't remember what happened yesterday and last nightt? Junho cannot help but to think how can one forget the singer she just met last night? Junho is upset that he is the one who remembers the girl, while the girl doesn't seem to remember him at all. How? Or he is not popular as he thinks he is? Has the world changed without his knowledge?

"You came to my house last night because my phone got switched with your phone, " Junho said flatly and quickly, trying to help her to remember. For god sake, is this girl have amnesia?

 

* * *

 

So eun watches Junho walk into the changing booth and pull the curtains. She breathed a sigh of relief and sat on a soft round chair. The man didn't really recognize her. So eun takes off her hat and holds her cheek with one hand. She is very tired. Hopefully until her work is finished Junho will not recognize her. She combs her hair with her fingers while dreamily.

Suddenly, she sees Junho already standing there watching her. So eun gasped and immediately put on her hat again. "How was it? Does the clothes fit you? Do you like it? " She asked in a tone of cheerful and polite.

"We've met."

So eun didn't move. She bit her lips. It turns out Junho recognizes her. What now? Should I confess? But if I admit now it will be strange. Finally, she could only mutter unclear.

"You came to my house last night because my phone got switched with your phone, "Junho said again. His tone was flat.

Well, she cannot dodge anymore. So eun forced a smile. "Oh, yes, correct. How are you?" That's all she can think of. So eun scolded herself inwardly.

Junho looks at her with strange looks, then turns his face and snorted softly. "I remember, too," he muttered.

So eun raised an eyebrow. "Yes?"

Junho looks back at her and says, "So you work here?"

"Well ... you could say that," So eun said. She was relieved now. At least she doesn't need to bow her head again. No need to hide her face anymore.

"The photo in the tabloid ... have you seen it?" Junho asked.

So eun swallowed. This is it. Does he think I'm all behind those pictures? "Yes, I already did...," she said hesitantly, then quickly added while shaking her hands in the air, "but it's not me ... I mean, I have nothing to do with that. Really."

Junho chuckles. "We also think so. Moreover, it did help me. "

So eun doesn't understand.

"Do you often read tabloids?" Junho asked.

So eun shook her head. She didn't have time for it. Besides, she doesn't need to read tabloids to know the gossip about the artist. Her friend, Hye Sun, is a walking tabloid. So eun knows everything that happens in the entertainement world. Whatever she knew she would tell So eun, whether So eun actually want to know it or not.

Junho nods. "Well, you don't know any gossips about me. "

"The gay rumor?" The words slid out of So eun's mouth without being processed in her brain first.

Junho looks at her. "Not that you said you don't read tabloid? "

So eun cocked her head in a whimper. "My friend is the one who told me. "

"Apparently many people already know." Junho sighs. "After all, they've helped me deal with the gossip."

So eun just nodded indifferently, but she was startled when the man suddenly turned to her with a radiant face.

"Sandy-ssi your name is So eun, isn't?" He asked quickly. Without waiting for So eun's answer, he continued, "Because you've helped me once, why don't you help me again? "

So eun took a step back. "What kind of help?"

"Be my girlfriend."

"A-what?!"

Junho is a bit surprised to hear the girl's cry, but he can understand. "Look, let me change my request," he said, putting his hands on his hips. And think about how to rephrase what he just said. Then, he looked up and looked at So eun. "I just want to ask you to take a picture with me as my girlfriend. "

So eun blinked in confusion. Junho hurries his explaination. He was very aware of her eyebrows raised as she listened to him.

"Just take pictures. How is that sounds? "Junho asks at the end of his explanation. He stared at So eun who is still stunned. Why does she suddenly feel like as if she was being put on a trial court? He was very curious what the girl would say.

The first sentence that came out of So eun's mouth was, "Why me?"

Good question. "There's no particular reason," Junho replied casually. "I think you might want to help me. Anyhow we've been photographed together accidentally. And now people are thinking I am seeing someone. "

So eun still looks confused, but Junho sees her brow wrinkled, Junho quickly seizes the opportunity to add, "If you like, let's just say I'm offering you a job. I will not disturb your current job. Are you in college? Your course will not be disturbed either. "

"Do I look like I'm in need of a job?" So eun asked flatly.

"Or need money?"

Junho paused. He looked at So eun from head to toe. No, this girl already has a job and seen from the way she dressed, she doesn't look like a girl who is short of money.

"No," Junho admitted. "Tell you what, I'll give you anything you want if you're willing to help me. "

"Just to take pictures together?" So eun asked to make sure.

"That's the plan," Junho replied for sure. He began to feel insecure to see the girl's response. What? Is she considering the plan? Well, maybe indeed because So eun is basically not one of his fans.

So it's not strange that the girl is not enthusiastic about this idea. Suddenly a phone starts to ring. Automatically, Junho fumbles in his inner pocket in his coat. At the same time So eun also reached into her handbag located on the table.

It was the ring of the girl's phone. Junho just remembered So eun's phone is the same as his. Even the ringtones are exactly the same. Maybe one of them should immediately change their ringtone.

So eun stared at her phone, she was about to asnwer it, but immediately closed it again Without being answered first. Junho's curiosity grew as he looked at the girl took off her phone's battery and then put it back together but the battery is on the bag. Who called her? There was no expression on it her face. But it seems So eun doesn't intend to give an explanation for her actions just now.

"Want to help, right?" Junho finally opens his voice after the two of them paused for a moment.

The girl looked up and looked at Junho. "All right, as long as my face is not visible."

The air around Junho feels lighter. He exhaled slowly and smiled with relief. Asking for So eun's help was not as difficult as he'd thought. There are no strange conditions. If only to keep her identity secret, she can understand that. This girl of course doesn't want to deal with reporters.

"Thank you. I hope you will not tell anyone else about our agreement, even your parents though. I don't want to create a scandal more severe. I can trust you, don't I "

"Um, I understand," So eun agreed. But so see her eyes are somewhat dreamy, Junho becomes less sure if the girl really understand his words.

At that moment the door opened and they both turned. It turns out that Goong Min entered. The manager looked at both of them with a questioning look. Then, after a while his face becomes bright.

"Oh, you yesterday?" Goong Min asked as he approached So eun.

Junho smiles broadly. "Hyung, she's willing to be my girlfriend."

His manager's smile vanished instantly. "What do you mean?"

"You said yesterday ... about the photos ... I've been thinking about it," said Junho, still smiling. "We'll do it. She is also willing to help. It's not exactly like the plan Hyung proposed yesterday. "

Goong Min looks confused. "About yesterday ...?" He paused for a moment, then, "God, are you serious?"

"I'll explain more to you later," Junho said, tap his manager's shoulder. "Let's continue our work first. Didn't we come here because I have to try all these clothes? "

So eun got out of his place to work in a giddy way of half-consciousness. Her job of matching Junho's outfit is over, but her brain is like still left some in the boutique. She walked slowly, turning on end of the road, then step foot stalled.

"What have I done?" She asked herself as she held on her cheeks with one hand.

So eun had to work hard to calm down because her heart was pounding once. She had been struggling to keep her nerves out of sight. Awkward feeling as Junho explains his plan to the manager while the man tried the clothes even still can she feel up to now.

The manager was a little hesitant. He asked So eun a lot, and it was also stressing that this problem should not be known to others. Certainly, So eun understands. Quietly, while listening to Goong Min's message, So eun is watching. That man really has an appeal. How to speak, funny, his smile is charming, and his eyes are friendly. So eun knows Goong Min wondering why she would just help Junho, but she pretends like a stupid person.

At first So eun is a bit hesitant with Junho's offer, but finally her curiosity wins. She convinced herself this is the right wat. This may be a long-awaited opportunity to get an answer over the long haunting questions ....

Besides, she thinks the job offered to her is not difficult. She just need to be photographed with Junho. Not a problem. She can do it. Her conscious to do this deal will make her often meet Junho, but this is not the problem, yet she did not feel anything about the artist. Another added value, if she often meet with Junho, she will know and understand why her close friends are being so crazy about this man.

"Alright," she told herself. "I can do it. Ah, dear! I forgot to get Junho's signature for Hye Sun. "

So eun reached into her purse searching for her phone, then stopped. I should not tell Hye Sun about seeing Junho again? She must be annoyed that I forgot to ask for a signature again. But she would be more annoyed if she knew I'm hiding this meeting ...

So eun continued searching for her phone in her handbag and found the battery the phone that she just removed. Suddenly, she remembered that Han Neul had called her.

Hopefully, Ha Neul can understand why she cannot take the call. Uh ... wait a minute, come to think of it, why should I feel guilty? There is no such thing as to who can answer the phone when you're in a situation like that? Again also during his experience, if Lee Jeong-Su is calling, surely it's not something important.

Why is Han Neul still calling her? Isn't the man himself who asked for a breakup? Strange people!

So eun puts her cell phone back on her handbag and will just contact Hye Sun when she remembered her promise. Aah ... that's right, I promised Goong Min-ssi that I will not tell this story to anyone else. Ah, how is this?

She put the phone back in her handbag, then looked up at the blue sky and mutters, "All right, So eun. I hope this decision is not pointless. Aja, aja, fighting!"

Now she had to go home and go to bed to gather sme energy. She promised to meet the two men tonight.

 

A/N: Chapter 3 is finally here! Sorry for the delay. I was supposed to update yesterday but I kept watching Running Man yesterday, hahaha! Nothing can beat Running Man. Anyway, this chapter is a lil bit longer than the previous one. I hope eveyone enjoy it. Their journey is starting...