Chapter 4

서울의 여름 (Summer In Seoul)

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing, camera and closeup

 

Chapter 4


 

"So eun-ssi, you should lower the edge of your hat a little longer. Your face should not be seen, " Goong Min orders.

So eun muttered uncertainly, handing the phone she held to Junho, then pulls down her red cap. "I shall hide my face so they would see nothing, " she sighed. "Where is uncle? Is he look at us or something? "

So eun and Junho are inside Junho's car parked infront of the parking lot where Goong Min works. It was ten o'clock at night and the atmosphere in the parking lot was very quiet. Junho is wearing a balck hat and sunglasses and So eun is sitting next to him, while Goong Min is watching them out of nowhere.

All of their communication is being done via phone. They are ready to run the first phase of their plan. Junho puts the phone to his ear and says, "We shall start."

He hung up and looked at So eun, who was tidying the braids of her hair. "In about a minute we're going out," he said shortly.

"So we just need to get out of the car, style for a while, then go back to the car? "Asked So eun just to be sure.

Junho nods. He was silent, then, "Well, it looks like Hyung is ready with his camera. We're should go out now. " They both got out of the car and started walking side by side. "Why you're so far?" Junho asked.

So eun turns around and realizes Junho is commenting on the intermediate distance they are both too far away. "Why? I think this is close enough. "

"People will not believe I have a special relationship with you if you stand that far. "

So eun stops walking and turns to face Junho. "I think it looks fine. We don't have to embrace so people believe we have a special relationship, right? "

Junho laughs short. "What's good about it? Your body is so stiff and your way is like a robot. " So eun remained silent. Junho stares back at her, then says, "We have to do something." So eun is surprised when Junho steps towards her.

"What do you want?" She asked, but she was so nervous she could not move from where she stood. Junho stands right in front of her. So eun just realized how she was so short compared to the man. He head should have looked up if she wants to see Junho's face. "Hey, Junho ssi, what do you want?" So eun asked once again

After a while Junho just stood still without doing anything. She couldn't see Junho's expression clearly because the man is wearing sunglasses, but So eun could see his lips form a smile. "Me? Just giving a nice pose to our photos, " he said casually, then he went back down. So eun snorted softly. "Very funny."

 

* * *

 

"The mission is over," So eun said as they sat back in the car. "Hhmm ​​... I'm tired. It's a tough job. "

Junho smiles slightly at So eun's jokes. Apparently this girl knows how to joke too. Junho believes So eun is actually a friendly person, though at the moment the girl is more often rigid and distant, sometimes even inclined cold. However it is only natural to remember they don't know each other very well.

"I feel like I'm playing a movie," So eun added. "Maybe I should be an actress. What do you think?"

"Keep dreaming," Junho replied as he started the car engine.

Then, they heard the ringing of their phone. They both search for their phones simultaneously. The one who rang was Junho's phone.

"You'd better change your phone's ring tone," So eun grumbled as she put her phone back to her pants pocket.

"Why should I? You can just change yours, " Junho said before answering his call. "Yes, Hyung ... Already?"

Suddenly So eun's phone rang too. Without seeing who's calling, So eun immediately answered the phone. "Hello?"

Junho sees the girl sigh and takes off her red hat. Who called her? The reverie in Junho's mind was broken when he realized Goong Min repeatedly mentioned his name on the phone.

"Uh, what, Hyung? ... Oh, okay. See you tomorrow, " Junho says before hanging up the phone.

"Me? Now? I'm outside, " So eun said casually. Junho watched So eun's eyebrows rise as the girl listened to the person on the end of the line. "I'll be home soon. If there's anything to talk about, we can talk later. I'm busy now. I'll hang up first. " So eun immediately hung up the phone.

"Who's called you?" Junho asked casually.

So eun turned to him. "A friend," she said shortly, then turned away. "Are we done now? So what did he said? " Junho looks at So eun with a frown. "Uncle?" She asked.

"Why are you calling Hyung "uncle "? He's not that old yet. If I were him I don't like to be called "uncle". "

So eun was just about to open to answer when Junho adds, "But it's up to you. Just call him "uncle" or whatever you like. Hyung, wouldn't mind it. He is not a person who likes to take a headache for such little problems this. Just because you didn't call him "oppa" only. "

So eun took a deep breath and cleared . "So what did he said?" She asked once again.

"He said maybe the day after the pictures would appear in the tabloids," Junho replied. But then his next words seemed to be directed to himself, "I must be ready again to face the journalists. But at least my reputation will be back like it used to be..."

Junho turns around and finds So eun staring at him with a look strange. "What? What is wrong?"

"May I ask you something?" So eun asked doubtfully.

"What?"

"Are you actually ...  gay or not?"

Junho takes off his glasses and stares at So eun irritably. Without waiting for an answer, So eun waved her hand. "Oh, alright, I'm not gonna ask again. Whether you're gay or not it's not my business anymore. "

 

* * *

 

Like Goong Min's plan, on Monday morning their pictures are popping in tabloids. So eun just enters the lecture hall when Hye Sun runs toward her.

"Hey, Kim So eun!" Yelled Hye Sun in a booming voice.

So eun blinked her eyes in puzzlement, then after recovering her booming voice, she grumbled, "I told you so many times don't call my complete name like that. Does saying "Sandy" too hard to say? "

"And I told you so many times that I don't like a Westernized name," Hye Sun replied, then continued, "Now that's not an important issue. Look at this! " She wave a tabloid right in front of So eun's face.

"What's this?" So eun asked. She had to step back so she could see clearly what her friends wants her to see so badly.

"Junho turns out to have a girlfriend!" This time Hye Sun's exclamation is so loud to the point that So eun jumped in shock.

So eun looked at the tabloid page and held her breath. She read the main title "JUNHO AND HIS FEMALE LOVER?" Printed in big size font. Under the title there are three pictures with Junho. The pictures are somewhat blurred, but why does So eun feel herself look so clear in the pictures?

The first photo shows both of them in the car. Junho is holding the wheel and turning to her with a smile. So eun herself also was looking at the man with her head tilted so that her face is covered with a red hat. When did they pose like that? So eun herself cannot remember.

The second photo is taken when they walk together. The photo was taken a bit sideways so that So eun is slightly covering Junho's body. So eun notice something and frowned. As she recalls they did not stand that close, but maybe the direction of the person who took the photo causes them to look close.

The third photo is when Junho stands right in front of her and they are much closer to each other, So eun herself stood tall with her head looked up at Junho. Again,  the angle of shooting made the photo look great and So eun's face is rather closed. Plus Junho is smiling in the photo.

Apparently, uncle (Goong Min) is good at ediing photos.

"You see? Have a look? " Hye Sun clearly looks annoyed and a bit hysterical.

"It's been so long since Junho had a girlfriend. Who is she? An artist? You know, all the fans are in shock right now. "

So eun is rather relieved that Hye Sun does not realize that she is the one in the photo with Junho. She folded back the tabloids, and eturn it to Hye Sun, then say, "Why are you getting mad? Isn't this proves Junho is not gay? "

Hye Sun pauses and weighs. "But if you see him with another woman, it feels my heart ... ouch, " she said with a pitiful face.

So eun giggled.

"But ... maybe this girl is not her lover," Hye Sun said suddenly.

"What makes you think that way?"

"It could be the same case with your case at that time. When Junho gave you a ride to the bus stop when there's actually going on between you two.  Anyway everyone knows that reporters like to exaggerate everything. "

So eun turned quickly and found that her best friend was looking at her. "But I think this one is true. In this article it even writes a trusted source says Junho does have a girlfriend, right? Anyway, come to think of it, isn't this a good thing? I mean, for fans like you, the most important is Junho is not gay he likes women .... "

Since Hye Sun's disappointed expression has not changed, So eun adds, "You don't need to be hysterical. Even if the woman in this photo is his girlfriend, still there is a chance they would split up. You just pray that they will split up. "

"You can say that because you're not a fan! I am curious who the lady is. It's also not written down the tabloid who he is .... " Hye Sun exhales long. Suddenly, she clapped her hands. "You are right. It's okay, their relationship won't last. She must break up with my Junho oppa! "

So eun shook her head in amused. But before her smile subsided, Hye Sun already said again, "But there is something strange. Look at these pictures, So eun. Why both of them not touching? Maybe it's not important, but I mean, people who date likes to hold hands when walking together."

 

* * *

 

Junho is in Goong Min's office. He holds a tabloid loading of photos with So eun.

"Hyung is a good photographer," Junho said with a smile.

Goong Min just shrugged accepting the compliment. "I think it's a plan we are quite successful because since the morning our office has been flooded with phone calls asking for certainty and interviews with you. "

"She has seen this or not yet?" Junho asks as he puts a tabloid on the table.

"So eun-ssi? She should be because people will also talk about it around her, " Goong Min replied. He grabbed the tabloid and studied the pictures of Junho and So eun. "She did it very well, doesn't she? A quiet, easy girl who works with us very well. Good thing that she's not one of your fans, so she's not being hysterical or something like that. "

Junho just shrugs.

Goong Min said quietly as if musing. "Yes, a quiet girl. Even maybe too quiet ... Don't you think she's too easy to accept your request? "

Junho shrugs again. "Not really," he replied.

"She didn't ask you for anything in return?" Goong Min asked again.

Junho recalls. "No."

"Weird," Goong Min mumbles. After saying that, a phone call rings on his table desk. While his manager answers the phone, Junho weighs whether he should call So eun or not. Not long after he finally pulled out his phone and hit the number nine.

 

* * *

 

So eun and Hye Sun are walking on the campus ground while talking about  Junho and his mysterious girlfriend when So eun hears her name is ringing. They both looked back and saw a tall, medium man jogging towards them.

Hye Sun nudges So eun's arm and whispers, "Oh no.."

So eun frowned and shook her head unaware. The man stopped in front of them both with a big smile. "Hello, It just so happen to see you here. Wanna grab lunch? Come on, I'll treat you. "

Hye Sun grimaces. "What a coincidence."

"Ha Neul-ssi, what are you doing here?" So eun asked.

"There's no particular reason," Ha Neul said cheerfully, as if he is unaware of the tone snapped by both girls. "I figured that because we have not seen each other in a long time, it wouldn't hurt if we eat lunch together while chatting. "

"Where's your girlfriend?" Hye Sun asked suddenly. "She won't get mad if you eat lunch with two women? By the way, you're still with that girl, right? Or is there someone new? "

Ha Neul's face flushed and he was a bit uncomfortable when he replied, "Oh, she got another business somewhere. Come on, while I'm still free from my work. Anyway, I want to chat with you guys. So?"

So eun and Hye Sun look at each other. They know they can not escape this without being rude to a guy like Ha Neul. Soon they went to a little restaurant they had often visited. They just got in there sitting at the empty table when So eun heard her phone starts ring. She stared at the phone screen. She doesn't know the phone number listed in the screen.

"Hello?"

"Have you seen it?"

"Excuse me?" In the confusion So eun stared at her phone, then put it back in her ear. "Who is this?"

The man on the other end snorted with disgust. "You don't know?"

"No."

Quite a minute, then the voice said in a flat tone, "This is Junho."

So eun gasped and looked at Hye Sun and Ha Neul alternately. Secondly, Ha Neul looked at her with a questioning look. Right at that moment the waiter came and asked for their order.

So eun looked away and said quietly on the phone, "Oh, it's you apparently. What's wrong?"

So eun hears Junho take a breath on the other side. "Have you seen the picture yet? " His tone was back to normal.

"I did," So eun said. "Then, what now? Was there a lot of people asking you about it? "

"I have an interview this afternoon."

"Sandy, what are you going to eat?" Ha Neul asks suddenly.

So eun turned and replied, "Whatever. Just order something for me. "

"You're not alone?" Junho asks.

"I'm eating with my friends."

"Hey, why you didn't say so? You can destroy our plans."

"Why are you getting angry? You didn't ask me first, and besides I didn't tell anybody. "

Junho pauses for a moment, then says, "Tonight at seven o'clock you have to go to hyung's home. There's something we have to talk about. Understand?"

So eun's face turned annoyed, but she said, "Yes, I understand. But where is his house located at? "

So eun pulled a piece of paper and a pen out of her bag. After taking notes of Goong Min's address as Junho mentioned, she hangs up the phone and found Hye Sun and Ha Neul watching her.

"Who's that?" Asked Ha Neul.

"A friend," So eun said lightly, smiling a little. "Did you guys order? "

 

* * *

 

Junho hangs up his cell phone.

"Did you ask her to come to my place tonight?" Goong Min asked breaking his day dream.

"Yes," he answered quietly.

"You will not come late late tonight," the manager said. "Let's go to lunch. What do you want to eat?"

"Hyung," Junho called suddenly.

"What?"

"You've been looking for information about Kim So eun. Did you check whether she got a boyfriend or not? "

"So what if she does?"

"When I called her, she was with a man. If she does have a boyfriend, her boyfriend might know about us. "

Goong Min thinks. "Later tonight we can ask it directly to So eun-ssi. Come on, we should go eat and after that you have to get ready for an interview."

 

* * *

 

"So you've told the reporter?" So eun asked as she squeezed a piece of grilled meat with a chopstick and put it in .

The three of them -Junho, Goong Min, and herself- have gathered in Goong Min's large and luxurious apartment. As soon as So eun came, the two men started roasting meat. Goong Min says this dinner is a thank you for the help of So eun.

"You can read the news in the paper yourself," Junho replied, turning the pieces of meat on the grill.

So eun winced, then turned to Goong Min sipping a soju.

"Samchon (uncle), you don't wanna eat?" She asked when she saw he was not holding chopsticks.

Goong Min grabs the chopsticks and says, "So eun-ssi ..."

"You can call me So eun," So eun interrupted quickly and looking at Goong Min and Junho alternately.

Junho snorts softly, but does not answer. Goong Min clears his throat and continues, "Okay, if you don't mine me asking. So eun, it looks like I've never asked you about this, but do you currently have a boyfriend?"

So eun chokes on Goong Min's question. "Boyfriend?"

Goong Min quickly said, "I do not mean to interfere in your business, but if you do have a boyfriend, it can be a bit troublesome. You might not hide this secret of us to him. "

So eun nods slowly. "Oh," she mumbled. "Take it easy, I don't have a boyfriend."

"This afternoon when I called you, aren't you with him?" Junho asked.

So eun turned to him. "This afternoon? Aah ... he's not my boyfriend. "

"Sounds like he is," Junho insisted.

So eun looked at the two men with narrowed eyes. "All right,"she finally said. She puts down her chopsticks on the table. "Because you guys are so suspicious, I will tell you the truth. "

"That he's your boyfriend?" Junho asked instantly.

"No," So eun asserted. "Me and that guy had been in touch, but that relationship is over eight months ago. "

"Then your relationship is still good now?" This time Goong Min was the one who is asking.

"It's hard to say," So eun said a little confused. She rested her chin and frowned. "Actually after we split up, we didn't see each other again. Then, about a month ago he started contacting me. I also don't know what he wants."

"It means he wants to get back to you," Junho said. "Why did you decided to break up with him?"

So eun's eyebrows rose. "Who said I decided it? He was the one who broke up with me for a reason he found another girl."

The two men looked at her with strange eyes. What is the look they are giving her? Pity? So eun did feel that she was very sad. The guy who she trusted left her for another woman.

"Don't look at me like that. I am okay. I was sad, but I'm not the hysterical type of woman. There are many things that can make me happy. A lot..."

As she feels the awkward atmosphere when she spoke of her personal problems with the two men, before So eun could stop herself, her lips continued to babble, "Mmm, I like listening to music, I like potato chips, flowers, fireworks, rain, and stars. So it was time to calm down, I ate a lot of chips and I often buy flowers for myself. Sounds strangely impossible, but my feelings just got better. "

"Then, why is he now approaching you again?" Junho insisted.

So eun shrugged. "I don't know."

"Maybe he already broke up with the other girl?" Goong Min asked.

So eun cocked her head. "I don't think so."

"What about you?" Junho asked, staring at So eun curiously.

So eun returned his gaze. "What do you mean by that?"

"Are you still expecting something from him?"

So eun paused, then she tapped her chopsticks onto a plate and said,

"Never mind, we should not talk about it anymore. The important thing now is that I don't have a boyfriend and will not trouble you both. Come on, eat more. "

Junho still looks dissatisfied, but this time So eun manages to control . After all, she didn't know the two men is comfortable talking about her personal issues with them.

So eun cleared her throat to change the subject, then asked, "Then, what's the next plan? Are we going out again? "

Goong Min shakes his head. "No. For now you can relax first. Though you have to be prepared if we suddenly need your help. "

"I understand," So eun said. "The boss is the two of you."

"Oh yes, on Saturday Junho will hold a fan meeting to promote his new album, " Goong Min said suddenly. "Do you want to come?"

So eun choked and coughed. Her chopsticks slipped out of her hand and fell to the floor.

So eun picks up the falling chopsticks and hands it out to Goong Min.

"Sorry, I seem to eat too quickly," she said, rubbing the palms of her hands that were wet from a cold sweat to her jeans.

"No need to be greedy like that," Junho said. Not helpful at all.

So eun ignored him and asked Goong Min, "Fan metting? Just like the one before?"

Junho stuns as he stare at his roast beef. He was surprised that So eun knew about his last fan meeting he did before taking a break from the entertainment world.

"No, not like before," Goong Min quickly interrupted before Junho's mood get bitter. "This time it is not as busy as it used to be. We will limit the number of viewers. So what? Do you want to come? "

"Oh, I see? Hmmm ... " So eun accepts the new chopsticks that Goong Min gave to her. "Can I come?"

Junho grunts and sips his soju, apparently Goong Min is too late to save the situation. "Why are you going? It's not like you are one of my fans. "

"I'm not," So eun said frankly, then clamped on the grilled meat and put it in . She sees Junho looking at her with a wondering look, as if he is waiting for her to give a reason. Somehow So eun feels uncomfortable with the way Junho looks at her That, she clucked. "Yes, I will not come. Besides, I'll get bored too see you performing. Oddly enough, why do my friends like you so much? "

Junho has opened his mouth to reply to So eun's comment, but Goong Min hastily intervened, "Don't be like that. I'll give you two sheets of tickets for you and bring a friend. Come with your friend on Saturday. You've never heard Junho sings, right? "

So eun winces and stares at Junho who devours his grilled meat. With annoyance she said, "Actually, never. On television ..., " she said.

After a while So eun decided to soften, "So what? Can I go or not? Who knows after going to your show, I can see what you are capable of. Who knows later I can understand why so many people like you. "

Junho looks at him and sighs. "Come if you want. But don't try to do something to me."

So eun smiles wryly, all of a sudden she feels Junho is getting mad which she thought was fun, and then said, "All right, you want me to pretend to be your most fanatical fanbase? I can run towards you and hug you really-really tight. Then, scream your name. Junho-oppa! I love you! Most fans usually do that, right? "

"Maybe you should not come," Junho said as he laid down his chopsticks on the table hardly. "Correct. Don't come! "

So eun wagged her index finger. "You already agreed. You can't break that. Besides my friend Hye Sun is a big fan of you. I already feeling bad about having to hide this problem from her. She is desperate to get your autograph. So I'll take her to the show on Saturday. "

Junho can only take a deep breath. "Yes, yes, it's up to you. Do whatever you want."

 

A/N: I just can't wait to update this adorable chapter, hehehe (All credits to Ilana Tan) Anyway, how is the story so far? Do you guys like it? I love all my WooU shippers here. You guys love the story too. It's only the start. Wait till we reach chapters 10, 11, 12, etc.... You guys are gonna squeal, hahaha. Thank you for all the new readers and subscribers ^^