Chapter 8

서울의 여름 (Summer In Seoul)

 

Image result for junho and soeun

 

Chapter 8


 

It had been almost two weeks since So eun had last seen and spoken with Junho in the man's house. Somehow So eun felt miserable. She wants to contact Junho, but she doesn't know what she will say. She wanted to ask Uncle Goong Min, but didn't know what she should ask.

So eun walked aimlessly around the campus. She walked from building to building, from class to library, from the library to hall. Finally, she stopped in the campus, sitting on a bench under the tree. She took out her phone and stared at it as she inhaled.

Why didn't he call? But why on earth he should call?

So eun shook her head and took another breath. "Why didn't he call?"

So eun gasped at the sound of Kang Hye Sun's voice who is standing behind her. "What?" She asked Hye Sun.

Hye Sun sits next to her. Her face looks cheerful as ever. "You were asking why he didn't call. Who do you mean? "

Apparently, she had voiced her mind. This means danger.  "Ah, nobody. No one, " So eun said, forcing a laugh.

"I hope you're not talking about Han Neul," Hye Sun said sarcastically.

So eun immediately waved her hand. "No! Not him."

"Good if not," Hye Sun said. She raised her hands and inhaled deeply. "Haaah ... the weather is so beautiful today!"

So eun looked up at the sky, then glanced at her friend carefully. "Hye Sun," She called.

Hye Sun turns around. "Hmm?"

"Junho's new album has been launched, right?"

Hye Sun nods. "Right, a few days ago. So what? Don't you already have it? We've got the CD during his fan meeting."

So eun shook her head. "Ah, nothing." She paused, then continued, "... that means Junho is been busy lately, right?"

Her friend nodded once more and said, "Of course. I heard some time ago he was busy filming. Not to mention the fact he has to perform in many events to promote his album. " Hye Sun applauds happily. "We'll see him often on television."

"So?" It turns out he's very busy ...

"Magazines also loaded articles about him," Hye Sun Added excitedly. "They discussed his album, his songs, and they also started to talk about his lover. "

So eun looked at her friend. "What did they say?"

Hye Sun frowns. "A lot, that they wondered about the existence of the woman, her identity. I'm also curious myself. In the bottom line, they are suddenly doubting whether the woman is really Junho's lover. "

"Why do they doubt about it?"

"Because the woman has not been seen in the media since her photograph appeared." Hye Sun explains. "They started thinking maybe Junho's relationship and the woman is over. To be honest, I also hope it's true. Oh yes, they also brought up a four-year incident then."

"An incident...?"

"Yeah. Didn't I tell you about it? About four years ago when one of Junho's fan died at one of his fan meetings. You remember? It's a good thing this year's show went well and nothing bad happened. "

So eun looked up at the blue sky and preoccupied with her own thoughts. While her friend kept telling stories. Suddenly her phone rang. So eun hurriedly answered and her face changed. "Oh, Han Neul-ssi."

 

* * *

 

Goong Min sits contemplating in his office. On the table were several magazines which open on a page containing Junho's article. He had guessed there will be events like this. As soon as Junho's new album comes out, people will be busy talking about the artist's care. Not just the songs, but all the gossip associated with Junho, including gossip about his mysterious girlfriend.

They even came back to mention the accident that happened four years ago, but fortunately, they only mention it once, so it should be okay. Goong Min rubs his chin and thinks it may be the time they need So eun's help again. This time, she would have to willing to appear. He picked up his phone on the desk and pressing a few buttons.

"Hello, So eun. How are you? This is Goong Min ... Do you have time now? ... Nice. Could you come to my office? ... Okay, see you. "

 

* * *

 

"As I said, we don't seem to fit."

So eun looked at the big tall man sitting before her with feeling tired. Han Neul looks miserable. He just admitted to So eun that he and his girlfriend are in trouble.

"We don't fit in with each other," Han Neul repeated his words and looked at So eun, waiting for her reaction.

So eun laughed bitterly. "And you only found out after almost a year with her?"

"Are you still angry?" Han Neul asked in a guilty voice.

So eun took a breath. "Not really," she said. "Being mad for a long time is not worth my time."

"No, you have the right to be mad at me," Han Neul muttered under his breath. "I am indeed wrong. Now I realize. "

So eun frowned. "What?"

"It seems our relationship can not be continued anymore," said Han Neul firmly.

So eun's eyebrows rose. For a moment she was confused, then she heard her phone ring. Feeling relieved not to have to respond to Han Neul, So eun quickly unlocks her phone.

"Hello?"

She was surprised when she heard Goong Min's voice on the other side. "Oh, how are you, Uncle? ... now? Yeah, I'm not busy ... I'll be there now ... See you later."

So eun hangs up and looks at Han Neul staring at her in sight of probing.

"Do you want to go now?" He asked when she saw So eun hurriedly finished her drink.

"Sorry, Han Neul-ssi. There was a sudden affair. I have to go. Next time we see each other we can continue about this matter." So eun said quickly, then got up and went out of the cafe.

 

* * *

 

"We'll go see Junho," said Goong Min to the girl who is sitting in front of him.

So eun nodded. "We have to be photographed again?"

"Right," Goong Min agreed. "Therefore we must change your appearance. You don't want to be recognized, right? " Then Goong Min gets up from the chair and grab a suit.

"So when do we start working?" So eun asked.

Goong Min looked at So eun and said, "Right now."

So eun was rather surprised. "Oh, now?" She was not ready yet.

"Yes, there is a problem?" Asked the man while wearing a suit and fixing the position of his tie.

So eun shook her head. "No." She seemed to have to prepare herself right now.

"Let's go," Goong Min said, starting to walk to the door. "Currently Junho is being interviewed. We will go to the location of the interview, but before that we should give you a new look. "

Goong Min feels bad about having to hide something from So eun, but he has no choice. If So eun knew, chances were she would not willing to meet with Junho and Goong Min currently does not have enough time to convince her.

He took So eun to the clothing store that is also doubled the salon and let the girl try some clothes. He doesn't want So eun to look beautiful or stylish. He wants So eun to appear as simple as possible so she won't standout and not to exist people who can recognize her. He also told So eun to try a wig, but nothing fits in his eyes.

Finally, Goong Min asks the clerk who was taking care of So eun's hair. With bun hair, a plain creamy sleeveless shirt and a plain skirt The same color, that makes So eun looks like a woman who is older than her age in fact. Just like Goong Min imagined. One last touch, he held out tanned brown glasses that could disguise So eun's face.

"All right," Goong Min said satisfyingly. "We're leaving now. Junho's interview should be over in a minute. "

 

* * *

 

Junho gets up from the sofa he's been sitting on and shakes hands with the cameramen and reporters who interviewed him. He's a little tired, but he knows this has become a risk of his work. The reporters also had time to ask about his relationship with his mysterious lover, but Junho just gives a faint answer. There is also a leverage incident four years ago. Junho managed to respond calmly, though he had to admit to himself his feelings are still a bit restless when recalled about the incident.

Junho and some of his staff members get out of the elevator and walk to the main door of the building where the interview was held. Suddenly his step stalled when his gaze pierced the wide glass door and saw a woman come down from a white sedan. Junho stunned for a moment, then he speeds up his pace, pushed open the glass door and went over to her.

"What are you doing here?" He asked without preamble.

The woman turned around and was rather surprised to see him.

"What are you doing here?" Junho asks once more. He did not expect to meet So eun here. He looked at So eun sharply and saw her cheek somewhat flushed.

"That ... Uncle who sent me here," So eun tried to explain somewhat confused. "You didn't know? He said we were going to be photographed. "

Junho looks back and sees the crowd of reporters starting to approach them quickly.

"No," he replied. "Follow me."

He put his arms around So eun's shoulders and walked away as flashes of flashlights from the cameras began to act and journalists competed to ask questions.

"Junho, who is this woman?"

"Is she the mysterious woman in the photo at the time?"

"Miss! What is your name?"

"What's your relationship?"

"Can you give us a little comment?"

Junho just raises a hand and leads So eun to his car which was parked not far from where they stood up before even the reporters chase them. He opened the car door for So eun while trying to keep the reporters from taking the girl's clear picture. He is watching So eun keep her head down and cover her face with one hand.

Junho quickly closes the door and walks around his car to the passage of the driver's seat. Before getting into the car, he smiled and waved his hands once again towards the journalists. Once they're a bit away from the place, Junho glances at So eun and asked, "Are you all right?"

So eun took off her glasses and exhaled in exasperation. "Uncle told us we will be photographed. What kind of picture? It turns out like this ... Ah, but it's true. We are indeed photographed. By the journalist. "

"Do not blame Hyung," Junho said. "At least Hyong has changed your appearance before setting us up. "

"Do you think they managed to take my picture?" So eun asked curiously.

"Of course," Junho said with a smile. "But you don't have to worry. With your such an appearance, no one will ever know who you are. "

The girl looked down at her own appearance. Suddenly she asked, "But you immediately recognized me. How?"

Junho doesn't know what to say. From the moment So eun came down from Goong Min's car, he immediately knew the woman was So eun. Come to think of it nor does he understand how he can be so sure. So eun's appearance is different with her usual clothing, but he had not even noticed her appearance.

He only knew that the woman standing there was So eun.

"Frankly, I don't know either," Junho said.

So eun smiled, then asked, "Now what? Where are you going?"

Junho glances at his watch and says, "Now I have to attend a charity concert..."

His phone rang. "Hold on." He put on the earphones to answer. "Hyung, what is wrong? ... I'm on the road ... I see? Hyung are you sure? ... OK." He removed the earphones and turned sideways. So eun was also in the middle of talking on the phone.

"Oh, Hye Sun, what's up?" The girl said with the phone taped to her ear. "Me? I'm on the road ... What? No, not with Han Neul-ssi." Junho realizes So eun glances at him. "I'll be home soon ... Um, call me later. "

"Looks like you can not go back now," Junho says after seeing So eun put the phone into her handbag.

"Why?"

"Hyung told me to come with you to the charity concert."

"Why?! I don't want to."

Junho sees the girl a bit anxious. "It's okay," he said soothingly.

"You just need to be there. The rest leave it to me. Hyung is also there but not for too long."

So eun shook her head. "No, no. I told you I'll just take pictures with you. No more."

Junho takes a breath. "You also know we are being chased by reporters. Currently, they must be following us. Moreover, they also know I will go to the charity concert. If I drop you down the street or wherever they are, they will swarm over you. Do you want that? "

So eun did not answer. Junho glances at her and sees the girl biting her lip with a frown.

"I'm sorry for all of the events today," Junho says again. "I promise I will drive you home as soon as possible. "

"What have I done?" So eun says those words slowly, but Junho can hear them.

Not knowing what to say, he said nothing.

 

A/N: A short update. The picture above is not mine. Credits to the owner. To Mandaristone, yes I heard that Wooyoung mention IU in an interview. To be honest, I'm not updated to any of Wooyoung's activity and IU. I just read news on some articles or sites, but wouldn't finish reading. I'm still their fan. They will always be ^^