Competition

Court Me First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Who are you texting?”

 

Seulgi halts her typing on her phone. She glanced to the owner of the voice.

 

“Tzuyu. I was saying an apology about last night. I don’t want to be rude to her.”

 

Last night. The dinner went well last night. However, Irene still recalls what happened. Sure Seulgi made amends on her but hearing that name again, this early in the morning, on the backseat of her car, on her baby bear’s mouth, is ticking her off. She knows Seulgi is one hell of a kind person. A hell LOT of a kind person for goodness sake. Seulgi cares about people who treats her nicely and that is one of the reasons why she fell in love with the bear. Thus, this should not be a big news for Irene and yet, it boils her blood. She hates it when someone’s trying to get the bear’s attention which is not her. You can call her possessive all you want and Irene will guarantee you, she doesn’t give a . The word “sharing” was simply not part of her vocabulary.

 

Irene didn’t respond. Nevertheless, she crossed her arms on her chest and exhaled a deep sigh she’s holding for a while. She’s trying to calm down but the creased on her eyebrows and biting on her bottom lip are the evidence of how annoyed she is. She took a glimpse on the bear and Seulgi is still typing on her phone. She then closed her eyes tight and lean her back on the seat. Okay she’s mad now.

 

Sending a text and another reply to Tzuyu, Seulgi put her phone on her pants. She looked at Irene and the latter is having her eyes closed and crossed arms, leaning on the backseat. Minutes passed and Irene is still like that. Seulgi starts to worry. Usually, Irene is so talkative when she’s with her. Babbling about this and that. Anything, just to talk with her. Maybe Joohyun is not feeling well.

 

“Joohyun are you okay?”

 

“Don’t talk to me.”

 

If the right word for what the bear is feeling right now is “startled”, well she’s more than that. It’s only been two days she knew Irene and the bear is aware that there’s many things ahead she need to know. She should not be baffled but she is. It is just so sudden of why Irene is being like that to her. Maybe Irene is really not feeling well. As the understanding bear she is, she let Irene be.

 

“O-okay.” Seulgi obliged and decided to look outside the car’s window.

 

Seulgi’s mind is preoccupied with the car’s passing, an old man taking his dog for a walk, a woman jogging with her headphone on, a man with a suit holding a black brief case while talking with someone on the phone, a group of kindergarten’s wearing small yellow hat, a yellow scarf, white blouse and brown shorts crossing the pedestrian lane holding hands on one another with their teacher guiding them. Woah that’s cute. Seulgi’s tranced awakens when Irene yells--,

 

“Why are you not talking to me?!” Irene shouts, her eyes are open now, glaring at Seulgi.

 

Seulgi is in dazed to what Irene said.

 

“M-me?” Seulgi said pointing an index finger to herself.

 

“Yes you! Who else the driver?!”

 

The bear is lost. Irene said before to not talk to her and now Irene is shouting to her.

 

What the hell, what’s going on.

 

“You said don’t talk to you.”

 

“Talk to me!”

 

Wait, wait, wait time out. What is this.

 

Seulgi examined Irene. She’s still doing the same, crossing her arms over her chest, glaring at her, creased eyebrows, purse lips, and a slight tint of red on her cheeks. Seulgi is more worried now. Is she really sick?

 

Seulgi reach out for Irene’s hand and started to caressed the back of her palm, gently.

 

“Joohyun are you not feeling well? Are you sick?”

 

Irene’s face now is flushing crimson red. This is the first time the bear initiated a contact to her. Usually, she’s the one commencing the skin ship. Irene is flustered, her mind is drifting away.

 

Not hearing a response, Seulgi panics. Maybe Irene is in pain or something. The anxiety addends when Seulgi saw how red Irene is. Seulgi placed her free hand on Irene’s forehead.

 

“Hey Joohyun you’re burning. You are really sick. Go home and rest. I can walk from here. Message me when you get home. I’ll tell Solar you’re not going to school today.” Seulgi said. She released her hand from Irene’s forehead and fish out her phone.

 

Irene instantly comes back to her senses.

 

“N-no I’m okay.” Irene said shaking her head.

 

“Are you sure? You’re red all over your face.”

 

If that’s even possible, Irene blushed once again. She didn’t know the blood rushing on her face. She bit her bottom lip.

 

“Y-yes I’m sure. I’m okay.”

 

“Nothing hurts?”

 

Irene is squealing inside. If the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter