Chicken

Court Me First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Good evening ladies. May I take your order?” The waiter in black neat neck tied and white long sleeves accompanied with black pants underneath asked.

 

Seulgi and Irene are sitting near the clear window, facing each other. While Seulgi is looking at the menu the restaurant offers, Irene is.. spacing out. She’s quite anxious on what will gonna happen to her. The last time she ate chicken was a long time ago. The season may change, the leaves on trees may dries and blooms again but Irene will never forget the day she pledged to herself to never eat the food that resulted her to had an acute stomach ache. She’s in extreme pain that day and she thought she’s going to die. It only takes two pieces of fried chicken to rushed Irene to Hospital. Her mother, which is the Head Doctor where Irene rushed in, was having an operation that time but when she heard what happened to her daughter, Mrs. Bae leaves the patient and assigned another doctor to continue the operation. It is very unprofessional of hers but you can’t blame her. Her daughter is on the line. Family first before anything else. They say “blood is thicker than water” so does Mrs. Bae. She checks the chart of her daughter and concludes how rare the diagnostic is. In whole years of Mrs. Bae being a doctor, she never had a case like Irene have. She will conduct thorough research about this and that’s for sure. She gave Irene pain killers and advised her to never eat chicken again. As if Irene will eat that again after what happened to her.

 

Seulgi lifts her head from reading the menu.

 

“Joohyun what’s yours?”

 

Irene comes back to her senses.

 

“A-anything you will have.” Irene laughs nervously.

 

However, it goes unnoticed to Seulgi.

 

“Okay.” Seulgi smiled.

 

Seulgi reads their order to the waiter and Irene.. Irene is having cold sweats all over. She said to never eat chicken again, so what now? Is enduring severe pain is worth it for Seulgi? Seulgi.. Anything for Seulgi. And that’s when Irene decides again to repeat the history itself.

 

Let’s take a minute of silence and pray for the safety of our bunny.

 

Dear Almighty God of Chickens. Please don’t make it hard for Irene. All she wants is to make her bear happy. She doesn’t deserve this. That’s all we pray for. A— Okay what the hell is this? Continue reading.

 

Minutes passed, their order arrived. Seulgi’s eyes were shimmering, sparkling, shining like a diamond at the sight of her favorite dish. The smell of fresh cooked fried chicken is making her drool all over. She grins widely and started to dig in. She almost finished one piece of chicken when she realized Irene didn’t touch her food yet.

 

“Joohyun what’s wrong?”

 

This chicken restaurant is wrong, wrong choice. Why did you even want to eat here? Is chicken that good? What am I gonna do now?

 

Irene smiled. A forced smile.

 

“Nothing’s wrong baby. I just don’t have an appetite.”

 

“Oh that’s too bad. It’s really delicious though.”

 

Seulgi picks one piece and held it in front of Irene’s mouth.

 

“Come on, you should try it.”

 

Irene evades Seulgi’s hand.

 

“No it’s okay bear.”

 

Seulgi moves her hand to the right where Irene evades her.

 

“Just one bite.”

 

Irene looks to the chicken and back to Seulgi. She’s going to refuse again but Seulgi said,

 

“Please.” And pouts to Irene.

 

Irene can't say no to Seulgi and thus she gave in. This is a drastic change of events where the bunny lost to the bear.

 

Bear - 1 point

 

Bunny - 862538399282662774922026792 points (LOL)

 

Irene's lips were quivering when she took a small bite. She chew against her will and swallowed the food. After some seconds, Irene's face lightens up.

 

"Wow it's delicious!" Irene exclaims.

 

"See! Eat more!"

 

Irene obeyed Seulgi and started digging in. She's eating like there's no tomorrow. The pledge she did has been thrown to the window.

 

RIP bunny. We pray for your soul.

 

 

--

 

 

Pain.

 

Extreme pain is what Irene feels right now.

 

"S-seul.."

 

Irene finishes two pieces of fried chicken and just like before, like the history itself, she feels unbearable pain in her stomach.

 

Seulgi stops eating.

 

"Joohyun?"

 

"B-baby my stomach hurts." Irene crouched down and hug her abdomen. Is this the consequence of disobeying her mother?

 

"W-what? Why?" Seulgi stands up and place a hand on Irene's back. The bear kneed down in front of the bunny.

 

Irene feels like there's fire in her stomach. She can't take it anymore.

 

"Baby it hurts so bad.." Tears flows down on Irene's cheeks.

 

"B-bring me to Hospital now.."

 

Seulgi puts cash on the table. Then she immediately swift Irene off her feet. She carried Irene bridal style exiting the restaurant.

 

While the two were having their dinner inside,  the chaffeur was already waiting outside the car. He readied himself on the disaster will takes place. The chaffeur knows by heart how hard headed Irene is. No one can say no to her. Even her parents always grants what she wants. Heck, her parents also don't know about the every day picking Irene's doing to Seulgi.

 

"Ms. Kang quick!" The chaffeur opens the backseat door.

 

Seulgi quickens her steps and made it to the car. She entered the car with Irene still in her arms. Irene is sitting sideways in Seulgi's lap while Seulgi is securely holding her.

 

Seeing them inside, the chaffeur closed the door and runs to the driver's seat. He buckled up his seatbelt and starts the engine.

 

Seulgi wanted to ask what's happening to Joohyun but the chaffeur beats her.

 

"Ms. Bae is forbidden to eat chicken. When she do, she will get acute stomach pain. Her mother advised her not to eat it again. Since then, she didn't eat it anymore until now. Maybe it's because you invite her to dinner." He said and maneuver the way out of the parking lot.

 

The chaffeur let's out an exasperate sigh.

 

"She's so stubborn. Mr. and Mrs. Bae wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter