Chess

Court Me First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Joohyun we are in front of your room now. Let go.” Seulgi tried to unlease her arm from Irene’s hold.

 

“But I don’t want to.” Irene pouts and clutch Seulgi’s left arm more.

 

After they had their lunch, Wendy and Solar is nowhere to be found. Wendy said she will negotiate to the Student Council about her “Seulrene Fansclub” to occur. Seulgi is eagerly yearning to knock some sense on her best friend. Just what the hell is wrong with Wendy. Seulgi then got a text from the Head Coach of Chess Club to pay a visit since she already finished her exams. The Dean advised all the participants in the competitions to focus on practicing since the event is only six days from now through their professors. Because like Seulgi, they took their exams yesterday, a week earlier from the originated date. Irene said she want to go too but Seulgi disagreed. She knows Irene still have a class. Seulgi said she will accompany Irene again to her room to make it up to her. Irene agreed but now it is the opposite.

 

“I want to go~” Irene said flaunting her puppy eyes to Seulgi.

 

In split second, the word “okay” automatically wants to escape to Seulgi’s mouth. Constraining herself, Seulgi bit her lips hard and spoke again.

 

“But you still have class. Please don’t skip anymore. I wouldn’t like it if you sacrifice your learnings because of me. Your parents are not wasting money for nothing.”

 

“But-“

 

“No but’s Joohyun.”

 

Irene looks down and start kicking nothing on the floor. Seulgi finds it cute and decide to cheer her up instead. This girl is a big baby in a body of a well-matured woman.

 

“How about let’s eat dinner together?”

 

And just like magic, Irene lifts her head and smiled widely.

 

“Really?!”

 

“Yes. Oh I forgot I also have a dance practice later. I think it will end around 8pm.”

 

“It’s okay. My last subject ends 8pm too.”

 

“Great see you later then.”

 

“See you later.” Irene release her hold to Seulgi and steal a kiss on her cheeks. Irene is happily skipping towards her seat while Seulgi feels blood rushing on her face. She received too many kisses for today.

 

 

--

 

 

“What happened to your right arm Seulgi?” Mr. Choi said pointing to the arm with bandage. He is the Head Coach of the Chess Club.

 

“I fell on stairs and had a little cut. However, nothing to worry about Coach.” Seulgi said wiggling her right arm. Of course it is a part of the truth, a merely part of it. Of course Seulgi wouldn’t say she chased her stalker yesterday and both of them fell on the stairs. Of course she wouldn’t say that. Of course.

 

“That’s good to hear then.” Mr. Choi sighed in content.

 

“It looks like I don’t have a practice partner.” Seulgi said scanning the room with possible playmate but all of them are practicing with each other.

 

“I’ll be your practice partner for today. I’d like to see what kind of training you did these past few days.”

 

Seulgi gulped. She didn’t practice at all. She’s busy with the dance practice and studying for exams. And recently, she’s stuck with Irene.

 

“O-okay Coach.”

 

Seulgi is a bit anxious about playing chess with her Coach. This is the first time she’s having a match with him. During his college years, Mr. Choi is always the champion or if he didn’t, he will be on 2nd or 3rd place. The seniors in the Chess Club can’t beat him. Out of 3 games, his scores will be 2-1 or most of the time is 3-0. Mr. Choi took a white and black pawns and hid it on his hands. He shuffled the pawns on his back and shown two hands fist on Seulgi. Seulgi chose the right hand and revealed a white pawn.

 

“White is the offensive type. It is the first move advantage in chess. You should plan your moves one step ahead of the opponent Seulgi. Remember that.” Mr. Choi said positioning the black piece.

 

“Yes Coach.” Seulgi said positioning her white piece.

 

Tapping on the time clock, Seulgi is excitedly moving her piece. Mr. Choi moves is no joke. Mr. Choi proves to Seulgi what is the real defense on black chess piece. He counters Seulgi’s attacks and at the same time doing the offensive type. It excites Seulgi more. This is what the real chess game is.

 

First Round: Seulgi (White) vs. Mr. Choi (Black)

 

 

 

 

Second Round: Mr. Choi (White) vs. Seulgi (Black)

 

 

 

 

Third Round: Seulgi (White) vs. Mr. Choi (Black)

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter