The War Is On

When Sparks Fly!!!

 

 

 

 

 

Drums
A little guitar please
One two three four

I hope you're ready for the time of your life
Just look at me
I put a gleam in your eye
Buckle up
We're gonna take you for a ride

Let's go
We got you going
Get in the vibe
Everybody put your hands to the sky
Buckle up
We're gonna take you take you high

Show me show me show me show me show what you got
Come on come on come on come on ready or not
La-la-la-la-la-la let me see how you bop
It's on it's on it's on
Get crazy crazy crazy; take it over the top
'Cause we 'cause we 'cause when we rock we let it rock
Rock it rock it rock it; dance till we drop
It's on it's on it's on

Okay now are you ready?
One two it
One two three four

Showstoppin' when I step in the place
Before it's done you're gonna beg me to stay
Get on board
Come on; let's ride the wave

Let's go let's go
We just do what we do
Watch me break and pop
I'll blast it for you
You wanna rock like us?
'Cause we're never second place
(You ready?)

Show me show me show me show me show what you got
Come on come on come on come on ready or not
La-la-la-la-la-la let me see how you bop
It's on it's on it's on
Get crazy crazy crazy; take it over the top
'Cause we 'cause we 'cause when we rock we let it rock
Rock it rock it rock it; dance till we drop
It's on it's on it's on

Okay now are you ready?
Come on
One two
One two three

The-the-the-there is no competition
That's why we're in the number one position
Your crew can't hang with us
Man we're too dangerous
Ain't got the style or the stamina
Just doin' my thing
Get hooked on my swing
Rockin' the place droppin' the bass
Makin' all the girls sing
Yeah we make the bells ring
(It's on it's on)

Drums
Yeah
A little guitar please
One two three four

Show me show me show me show me show what you got
Come on come on come on come on ready or not
La-la-la-la-la-la let me see how you bop
It's on it's on it's on
Show me
Get crazy crazy crazy; take it over the top
'Cause we 'cause we 'cause when we rock we let it rock
Rock it rock it rock it; dance till we drop
It's on it's on it's on

Show me show me show me show me show what you got
Come on come on come on come on ready or not
(What you got)
La-la-la-la-la-la let me see how you bop
It's on it's on it's on
Get crazy crazy crazy; take it over the top
(Over the top)
'Cause we 'cause we 'cause when we rock we let it rock
Rock it rock it rock it; dance till we drop
It's on it's on it's on

One two
One two three four

It's on!


Shin Hye followed Yong Hwa and the bellboy to the cottage with slow, dragging steps. She walked with her head bowed down, her gaze glued to the ground with a worried frown, her shoulders stooped. She felt as if she was marching towards the dungeon where she will be locked up for eternity. Her mind went crazy on her, imagining Yong Hwa as her jailer wearing an armor like a medieval guard, cackling behind his metal helmet with only his evil eyes visible through the small slit.

She jumped back when Yong Hwa's voice cut through the air, startling her.

"Hey, will you please hurry up a little bit, slow poke!" he barked at her, looking like a jail guard just as she imagined awhile ago. "We are not on a procession here, you know!"

"I'm sorry, Your Highness!" she said sarcastically, matching it with an exaggerated curtsey. "I'll be right behind you."

Yong Hwa frowned at her ferociously before spinning around to follow the bellboy.

She straightened and immediately followed behind him. She stuck out her tongue at him while he was not looking, making funny faces and imitating the way he walked. She had her hands on her head with fingers spread out, her tongue sticking out and eyes crossed when Yong Hwa turned to look at her. She shrieked in surprise which she immediately cut off by covering and pretended to be busy looking at the sky.

"What do you think you're doing?" he demanded. "Are you making fun of me?"

"Me?" she asked pointing at her face, then shook her head trying to look innocent. "Nooo... Why will I make fun of my dear, dear husband? Hhhmm?"

"Oh, shut up!" he muttered in irritation. "Just follow me. And will you please act like an adult for once and stop playing around?"

She pouted in irritation but did as she was told. They finally reached their cottage which was located at the far end of the beach.The bellboy threw them a teasing look which she found very creepy, before opening the door. Then, she knew why he had that creepy smile on his face.

Her jaw dropped wide, her eyeballs almost popped out of their sockets as she entered the room.

"Thi--- thi--- this is..." the bellboy was nodding his head at her, his creepy smile still plastered on his face as she stuttered incoherently. "This... is a hon....honeymoon suite!!!" she finally cried out.

"Yes, ma'am!" the bellboy beamed at them, looking very pleased with himself. She wanted to get a bat and beat that creepy smile off his face, which seemed to be permanently etched on his face.

 She turned to Yong Hwa and found him staring at the far corner of the room.... at the 'BED'. It was separated from the living room by a set of rainbow beaded curtains and nothing more. The bed is a four-poster canopy bed (that can barely fit two persons) with white flimsy lace curtains, and sky blue floral mattress with its matching pillows.

four-poster-bed-drapes.jpg

"But.. but I didn't book for this!" she finally exclaimed at the bellboy. "There must be a mistake!"

"This is the right room, Ma'am. As the receptionist explained, we are already fully booked and this is the last room available. You are lucky to get to spend your time here with your husband."

She was about to protest but stopped when Yong Hwa threw her a warning look.

"Well.. I... I don't get along well with my husband." she said instead. "I don't want to share a bed with him, so, can you please bring us another mattress?"  

"I'm sorry Ma'am but we don't have an extra mattress."

"Whaat??!!" she exclaimed loudly. "Don't tell me that a resort as big as this doesn't have an extra mattress? That's impossible."

"Well, it's true Ma'am." the bellboy insisted. "All our extra mattresses were already taken by the other guests with large family. I'm sorry."

"That's okay, you may go now." Yong Hwa spoke for the first time after entering the room. He gave the bellboy his tip before closing the door.

'Hhhmmm... this could be good.' Shin Hye thought deviously after a moment, thinking of ways to torture Yong Hwa. 'Since there's only one bed then he can sleep at the couch or on the cold floor.... Wonder whose back will ache like the devil tomorrow? Hehehe.'

She looked at Yong Hwa with a sweet, innocent look on her face and said: "You can sleep on the couch tonight since there's no extra mattress. Or, if you like...." she let her sentence fade, laughing silently as Yong Hwa looked at her expectantly.

Just as Yong Hwa started to smile with gratitude at her, thinking that she was offering to give him half of the bed, she continued, "you may sleep on the floor... well, that is if you can stand to sleep on a cold, hard ground."

"Why! You ---" Yong Hwa muttered in irritation, then a determined look entered his eyes. He looked at her arrogantly and said: "It's too bad there's only one bed, it seems you have to share it with your 'husband'." he spoke to her sarcastically, stressing the word 'husband'.

"No, I'm not sharing it with you. You are not my husband!" Shin Hye cried out, stomping her foot like a petulant kid. "You're a stranger and I don't even know how I ended up sharing a cottage with you! You might even be a ert, for all I know!" 

"Hey! I've had enough of you calling me names! This will be the last time I let you get away with it." he glared at her menacingly. "I am not a ert! Even a serial will think twice before considering you as a victim. You don't have anything worth looking at, much more to fantasize about. Aside from that, your viperous tongue will make anyone run away from you."

Shin Hye growled at him. "Excuse me? Look who's talking? You're so thin, you look like a scarecrow! Even the scarecrows have more charms than you! Bag of bones!"

"It's pointless talking to you." he said snidely. "Oh, by the way, I'm not sleeping on the bed or the couch. I will sleep on this comfy bed tonight. So, if you find the idea of sharing the bed with me for the night so repulsive then you're welcome to use the couch."

"No, you're not. I'm sleeping on the bed --- alone!" Shin Hye insisted.

"Yes, I am!" Yong Hwa shot back.

"No, you're not!"

"Yes, I am!"

"No, you're not!"

"Yes, I am!"

They kept on bickering for several more minutes until Shin Hye let out a frustrated growl and stomped towards the fridge. She suddenly felt hungry after bickering with him. She took out a mango juice and hunted for chips at the cabinet beside it. She ambled to the entertainment area and sat in front of the tv and turned it on. She choked on her juice as two couples, as the day they were born and intimately wrapped around each other, flashed through the screen.

"Eeeekkk!!!" she squawked. "What the heck is this?"

Yong Hwa guffawed behind her, totally amused at her expression.

"Don't tell me you've never seen movies before?" he asked while still laughing at her.

"Of course not. That's totally gross!" she replied, looking disgusted at the idea.

"Really?" at her nod, he laughed harder. "What planet did you come from? Planet?"

"Yah!" she exclaimed in annoyance. "It's totally disgusting to see other people do that thing. That's supposed to be done in the privacy of their room and not for public viewing. What's wrong with this hotel? Didn't know they were promoting immorality here."

"Why are you so uptight? Loosen up a little bit. You sound like a nun. Besides, this is a honeymoon suite. What did you expect them to show? A segment on how to pray the rosary or the lives the saints?"

"Hmp!"

Shin Hye walked out of the cottage in embarrassment and irritation. She walked along the beach, looking at the seagulls and admiring the view of the resort. She felt the need to recoup her strength and composure. From the moment they met she has lost her poise. He brought out the worst in her.

When she got tired of walking, she went to a small bar/restaurant and ate dinner. By the time she went back to the cottage, it was already dark. Yong Hwa wan't in the cottage when she arrived.

She decided to take a shower while the bathroom was unoccupied. She searched through her suitcase looking for something to wear but was dismayed to find all her night clothes are lingeries. She love to sleep in lingeries instead of a nightgown that covered till the neck. That was her only vanity. She does not like putting on make up that much or expensive jewelries, but she always go gaga when she sees a lingerie on a shop. She finally decided on skimpy shorts and a baggy shirt.

After she showered, she saw Yong Hwa sitting on the couch reading a magazine.

"Are you done using the bathroom?"

"Uh-huh." she nodded.

"Okay. It's my turn to use it" he said, and walked inside the bathroom. 

While Yong Hwa was inside, Shin Hye thought about her dilemma regarding their sleeping arrangement. She definitely didn't want to share a bed with him. She just can't. And she won't. 

She got one pillow from the bed and threw it at the couch. She searched for an extra blanket at the bed and found none, so she shrugged her shoulder and didn't give it a second thought. She mentally patted her back for being generous.

With a last look at the closed door of the bathroom, Shin Hye dived to the bed, right smack at the middle and wrapped the blanket tightly around her. She positioned her body diagonally on the bed so as to take the whole bed. When she heard the bathroom door open, she closed her eyes pretending to be asleep.

Yong Hwa saw her occupying the whole bed. He also noticed the pillow she threw at the couch.

"Hey! Shin Hye! Move over. I told you I'm not sleeping on the couch." Yong Hwa nudged her through the blanket.

She didn't respond to him, still pretending to be asleep.

"Yah! Shin Hye! I know you're not asleep. Come on, move!" when she didn't repond again, he growled at her. "Don't tell me I didn't warn you." he said ominously.

Suddenly, the blanket was ripped from her and she felt warm, skin press along her back. She yelped in surprise and rolled to her side, only to come face to face with Yong Hwa. Their face an inch from each other. Her eyes went large when she saw that he did not have his shirt on.

"Raaaapppppppeeeeee!!!!!!!" she screamed at the top of her lungs.

Yong Hwa lunged at her, covering with his hand. He glared at her in warning.

"Are you crazy? Do you want the whole hotel to come barging in on us?" he hissed at her.

She must have lost her mind to provoke a half- man when she nodded her head.

"I tfftt veyy gmm hhrr zu rvezzt du" she said through his hand, struggling to get away fom under him.

"What?" he asked her.

She tried to pull his hand from so she can speak clearly, but his hand won't budge. So she did the only thing she could think of to make him release her (although she found this quite disgusting) --- she his hand.

"Yuuck!" Yong Hwa exclaimed in disgust, wiping his hand on the blanket. "What did you do that for?"

"It was the only thing I could think of to make you release your hand from my mouth!" she snapped at him. "How can I answer your question when you were covering my mouth?"  

He had the good sense to keep his mouth shut knowing that she had her point.

"Why did you scream ? I was not assaulting you." he said in annoyance.

"What did you expect? You are ."

"I am not !" he replied hotly, "I just don't have my shirt on." 

"Who told you you can strut around half-? This is not your room. You're just crashing."

"Hey! I'm already being considerate of your feelings. I usually sleep ." he stated.

"What?" she cried out incredulously.

She turned bright red when she suddenly imagined him as  the day he was born.

'Yikes! What the hell are you thinking Shin Hye? Why are you imagining him ? That's totally scandalous.' she thought in consternation.

She shook her head in embarrassment, trying to get that thought out of mind.

"Yah, Shin Hye! Why is your face red? Don't tell me you're imagining me ?" he mercilessly.

"Am not!" she denied hotly, glaring at him.

"Yes, you are!" he teasingly insisted.

"Am not!"

"Yes, you are!"

"Oh, shut up!" she growled at him in irritation, turning her back on him.

"Move. I want to sleep." he ordered her, getting into bed beside her.

"I told you I'm not sleeping on the same bed with you and that's final."

"Look!" he said, staring at her eyes. "I give you my word I won't touch you nor do anything to harm you, okay? I just want to sleep. I'm tired from travel. If it will make you feel better, we'll put pillows between us. Satisfied?" he asked, stacking pillows between them.

"If you want to assure me that you won't do anything untoward then let me tie your hands to the bed." she said, straight-faced.

"What?" he exclaimed in disbelief. "Are you crazy? Now, I'm the one who's afraid. Maybe it's you who has lustful thoughts and wants to take advantage of me."

"What? You're delusional. I'm not interested in a bag of bones. Eeewww!"

"Can we please stop it for now? I really need to sleep."

She looked at him and saw that he was telling the truth. He looked tired, his eyes drowsy with sleep.

"Alright. But just for tonight." she finally conceded. "Tomorrow you need to find another room, okay?"

"Fine. You only have to suffer with my presence tonight. Can I sleep now?"

"Just one more thing.." she said, raising her finger.

"What?" he asked with a resigned sigh.

"Can you please wear a shirt? Sleeping next to a stranger is already too much for my sanity. But sleeping next to a half- man is totally unacceptable."

"Fine!" he grumbled, putting on a shirt. "Happy now?"

"Yes."

Yong Hwa crawled on his side of his bed, turning his back on her  and instantly fell asleep. Shin Hye on the other hand tossed and turned the whole night long, not used to having a man sleep beside her. It will be a long, torturous night for Shin Hye.

 

***********************************************

 

Yong Hwa opened his eyes slowly as rays of sunlight hit his face. He looked beside him and found it empty. Shin Hye has been long gone from the bed, he knew this from the coldness of the sheet were she slept.  He got off the bed, stretching his arms and back. He stepped out of the cottage to breath some fresh air.

He stretched and yawned some more as he watched the other guests stroll along the beach. Some of the guests waved at him, the others gawked at him as they passed by. He noticed the other guests laughing behind their hand as they stared at his direction. He had this nagging feeling that they were laughing at him, but he didn't know why so he just shrugged it off. 

He saw from a few distance his arch-enemy.... Park Shin Hye. She was sitting on a hammock and waving at the other guests in greeting. She noticed him staring at her. She smiled at him then started laughing hysterically. He frowned at her rudeness and stomped back to the cottage.

 He looked around the room deciding on what to do first. He decided to take a bath before going out to eat breakfast and do some sight-seeing. He went inside the bathroom carrying his towel. His eyes widened in horror as he stared at his face. Now he knew why those people were staring at him in a funny way.

His face was a mess... a colorful mess. His lips were painted red, the area around his eyes were painted black and his cheeks are colored blue shaped like a monkey's . He could feel his body trembling as rage started to boil deep inside his chest. Then he noticed a small sticky note pinned on the corner of the mirror. He snatched it and read it angrily:

 

Peace! Yong Hwa!

That's my payback for that stolen kiss!

Now, we're even!

Enjoy your day!

Hate Lots!

Shin Hye devil

 

********************************************

Shin Hye was sitting on the hammock staring at the door of her cottage. She knew that any moment now Yong Hwa will find out the devious thing she did to him. She can't stop laughing as she saw his painted face in her mind. He was so clueless as he waved at the other guests.

She started counting down: Five..... Four..... Three..... Two.... One!!!

Yong Hwa's roar of outrage reached her ears:

"SHIN HYYYYYYEEEEEE!!!!!!!!"

 


 

A/N: Hi guys... here's another update for you. Sorry it took me awhile to update... I was also updating my other fanfic and then I got busy with work and household chores... Sorry crying

I would like to thank Chooky for sharing her idea to me... The make up scene on the last part is credited to her... Thank you Chooky cheeky

Thank you to all my subscribers for subscribing and to all who left their comments.... I am overwhelmed with your support... Please continue to support my fic blush

Please leave your comments, comments and more comments!!!

I love reading your comments!

It inspires me to write more!

Once more, THANK YOU ALL!!!