A New Beginning

When Sparks Fly!!!

Yong Hwa was at the music room at his house banging on the drums when Min Hyuk, Jung Shin and Jong Hyun appeared at the door.

"Yong, you're here? We've been looking everwhere for you." Min Hyuk said as he slumped on a couch.

"Where have you been? And why are you assaulting that drums?" Jong Hyun asked.

"Is something bothering you? You usually don't play the drums." Jung Shin stated.

"Well, except when he's upset or angry." Jong Hyun added.

With a final blow to the drums Yong Hwa dropped the sticks to the floor and scowled angrily at the ground.

"What's wrong?" they asked him.

He let out a huff then finally looked at his three friends.

"Remember that girl I was telling you about?" Yong Hwa asked. "The one I met in Indonesia?"

"Yeah. Shin Hye, right?" Jong Hyun replied.

Yong Hwa nodded and said "I saw her again."

"That's great news Yong!" Min Hyuk exclaimed, smiling enthusiastically. "You were looking for her, right?"

"Yeah." he confirmed. "But every thing is not peachy as it should be."

"Why? What's wrong?" Jung Shin asked in concern. "What happened?"

"Well, my mom and her mom HAPPENED."

The three looked at him in confusion, waiting for him to continue.

"Our moms know each other and were best friends when they were young. They made a stupid promise to each other to match their kids so that they'll be sisters for real. And Shin Hye and I are those kids." he explained, waiting for them to explode in laughter, but they never did. Instead, they looked at him with thoughtful expressions on their faces.

"What's wrong with that?" Jong Hyun asked. "You like her, right?"

"Hey! I didn't say I like her!" Yong Hwa denied adamantly.

"Ows? Come on, Yong. You've been glued to the phone these past few days trying to look for her. And still you deny that you like her? Be honest with yourself, if not with us." Jong Hyun scolded him

"Yah! Who told you that?" he asked, irritated at being found out.

"I won't reveal my sources. You'll only sack them if you know." he laughingly said.

"Whatever!" Yong Hwa muttered.

"Hey, stop that, you two. Yong, just tell us what's wrong with what your Mom wants to happen 'coz we know that you like her even though you're denying it." Min Hyk instructed him gently.

"Shin Hye objected to being told what to do and who to date. I was insulted at her adamant refusal, as if she was rejecting me so I said some things that offended her, and well, we ended bickering again." he finished lamely.

"Aist! You and your temper!"  Jung Shin exclaimed in annoyance.

"Yah! She started it!" he defended himself.

"Yong, you're the guy. You should be more tolerant, and besides she didn't outrightly say that she didn't like to date you or say anything bad about you, did she?" Min Hyuk asked.

"Well... uhm... no. She didn't actually say outrightly that she didn't like me. She was just very adamant at being told what to do and for interfering in her life." he said slowly, realizing that he too over-reacted.

"You see? You need to apologize to her." Jung Shin ordered.

"Hey! I think that's too much!" Yong Hwa objected. "Why do I have to apologize?"

"Because you started it!" the three chorused loudly, startling him.

"There's no shame in saying you're sorry Yong." Jong Hyun said. "It's more manly when you admit your mistakes."

"Fine!" Yong Hwa gave in ungraciously, then smiled his toothy smile at them and said. "Let's get out of here. I need some fresh air."

 

**********************************

 

Meanwhile, at Dara's house, Shin Hye was silent and sulking on one corner while the three were busy chatting and laughing together.

"Shin Hye, you've been quiet since you arrived." Bom took note of her silence. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." Shin Hye replied shortly.

"Come on, Shin Hye. Tell us what happened." Dara instructed her in concern.

Shin Hye stared at the three, debating whether to tell them or not.

"If there's something bothering you, it would be best if you get it out of your chest. Besides, we might even help you or give advice." Min Young assured her.

"Does it have to do with Mom's visitors?"

"Yeah." Shin Hye confirmed, deciding to tell them what happened earlier.

"Tell us, Shin Hye." Bom ordered her softly.

"Mom's visitors were her childhood friend and her son." she started. "It seems that she and her friend promised each other that when they grow up and have kids, they'll match them up."

"What?!" the three cried out in surprise.

"Is she matching you up with her friend's son?" Min Young asked.

"Uh-huh." she replied with a frown on her face.

"And knowing your rebellious side, you took exception to that idea, right?" Bom, who knew her best, asked her.

She nodded her head, her lips pursed in a pout.

"Is the guy so unacceptable?" Dara asked, chuckling for she was the only one to find humor at the situation. "Is he ugly? fat?"

"No." she glared at the Dara when she continued to chuckle.

"Who is he Shin Hye?" Min Young asked. "Do we know him?"

"No. I don't think you know him personally. But you've heard of him."

"Who is he?" Bom asked impatiently.

"Jung Yong Hwa." she answered, watching their expressions, waiting to see if they recognize his name.

"Jung Yong Hwa." Dara repeated, her brows furrowed as she tried to recall where she heard his name.

"Wait!" Min Young exclaimed excitedly, raising her hand at them. "Isn't he the guy at Indonesia? The one you shared a room with?"

Shin Hye nodded while the three guffawed in unholy glee, irritating her.

"Will you please stop laughing!" she scowled.

"Sorry." Bom said, trying hard to stifle her laughter.

"What a small world." Min Young stated, smiling at her. "Of all people that could be paired with you, it has to be Yong Hwa."

"Maybe it's destiny." Dara .

"What destiny?" Shin Hye muttered in irritation. "More like cruel fate."

"Seriously, Shin Hye, listen to me." Bom said, turning on her Unnie mode. "Stop being rebellious for once. You know Mom won't stop bugging you unless you give in to her."

"You want me to marry Yong Hwa?" she cried out in disbelief, looking at her Unnie as if she's gone crazy. "I don't even know him that well."

"Stop interrupting me and drawing your own conclusions." Bom scolded her. "That's not what I meant at all."

Shin Hye, Dara and Min Young looked at Bom, waiting for her to continue. They knew that when she spoke in her no non-sense voice that she's serious.

"We all know that you hate it when people interfere with your life, especially your non-existent love life." Shin Hye stuck out her tongue at Bom. "You're an incorrigible flirt, but that's as far as you go. I guess you have a relationship phobia. But anyway, as I was saying, Mom means well when she tries to interfere. She only wants the best for you."

Dara and Min Young both nodded, agreeing with Bom and giving Shin Hye meaningful looks.

"Don't close your doors to the opportunities of finding someone to love. Why don't you listen to Mom for once and stop putting on your rebellious mode?" Bom advised, holding her hand as she tried to convince Shin Hye.

"Go out on a friendly date with Yong Hwa. We're not asking you to get married tomorrow. Get to know him first. If after several dates you still don't like him as a fututre partner then tell Mom frankly. At least you gave it a try."

"Bom's right, SHin Hye." Min Young said. "At least if you go out with him, your Mom can't tell you that you were just being stubborn."

"They are right, you know." this from Dara. "It's time for you to grow up and stop being rebellious."

"Alright! Fine! Stop nagging me. I feel like I'm surrounded by pecking hens." she complained, but she was smiling the whole time, assuring the other three that she wasn't serious.

The three let out a loud whoop of glee knowing they were able to convince Shin Hye to let go a little of her rebellious nature.

 

*************************************

 

It's a Monday morning and Shin Hye is in a hurry. She needed to go to the university to enroll just as she promised her dad. She was combing her hair when someone knocked on the door.

"Shin Hye, Yong Hwa is already downstairs waiting for you." her mom told her. "Hurry up. Don't make him wait too long."

"I'll be down in a minute."

Shin Hye rushed down the stairs after grabbing her bag and folder of her credentials. She saw Yong Hwa sitting at the couch and talking to her mom. He was forcefully coerced by her mom and his mom to help her with her enrollment. 

"Let's go." Shin Hye called out to him.

Yong Hwa stood up and smiled at her, which surprised her, then followed her to the front door. They said their goodbyes to her mom before stepping out of the house.

They were already inside the car but he just sat behind the wheel. He was looking at her at the corner of his eyes while chewing on his lips nervously.

"Are we going to sit here the whole day or are you going to drive me to school?" Shin Hye asked impatiently, growing nervous at the stares he was throwing at her.

"Shin Hye," Yong Hwa said her name softly, turning to look at her. "I'm sorry."

"Huh?" she mumbled in surprise for he was looking at her seriously.

"I'm sorry for the way I behaved last Saturday, for over-reacting and saying those things to you." he apologized, staring intently at her eyes.

"It's alright. Apology accepted." Shin Hye smiled as she accepted his apology. "I apologize for over-reacting, too. I have nothing against you. When I objected to our Moms idea, it had nothing to do with you." she explained her side. "I'm naturally rebellious and when Mom said those things it was like a red flag waving at the bull. I just reacted without thinking of your feelings."

They both laughed softly as they realized the silliness of their reactions. 

"Can we start over again?" Yong Hwa asked with a smile on his face. "Let's pretend that this is the first time that we met each other, okay?"

Shin Hye nodded in agreement as she returned his smile with a shy smile of her own.

"Hi, I'm Jung Yong Hwa, it's nice to meet you." he said, grinning at her as he held out his hand to her.

She giggled at his foolishness but accepted his hand as she played along with him.

"Hi, I'm Park SHin Hye, it's nice to meet you too." she smiled, shaking his hand.

"I hope we can be friends, can we?" Yong Hwa asked, still holding her hand in his.

"Sure we can. I'm happy to be your friend."

"Great!" he beamed at her. "Let's get you to school so you can enroll."

Yong Hwa patiently accompanied her through the enrollment process, introducing her to the teachers and the administrative officers of the school. He proudly showed her around the campus, pointing to different buildings and where his classroom is at.

There were a lot of students who greeted and waved at Yong Hwa. A group of girls sighed and swooned when they passed by, and some of the girls threw evil glares at her whenever they laughed at some jokes that Yong Hwa will tell her. She realized that he is very popular at school and considered to be the heart throb of the school campus. He blushed a bright red when she about it.

After she finished enrolling, Yong Hwa led her outside the school campus to a bar called The Oasis. He introduced her to the owner who is his close friend.

"Shin Hye, would you like to join our club?" Yong Hwa asked while they were sipping their juice.

"What club?"

"We call it 'Music and Arts Club'. It is sanctioned by the school and open to all students of any course."

"What do you do at this club?" she asked, wanting to know more about it before committing herself to it.

"We perform in a live band every night. But only a select few of the members are given the opportunity to perform. Anyone who likes to join may join us but we screen them to see if they have the 'IT' quality to perform. The others who does not perform are involved in charity works and other school stuffs." he explained.

"But why perform here?" she asked. "If this is a school club, why not perform at the campus?"

"We also perform at the campus when there are school activities, but we perform here every day. The admin allowed us to perform here 'coz our Pioneer President of the club is also the owner of this bar. It is a special priviledge given to us."

"Wow! That's great!" she enthused. "Are there a lot of members?"

"Yes, we have quite a lot of members from different departments. So, what do you say? Will you join our club?" he asked eagerly.

"Yeah! Sure!" she agreed. "It sounds like a lot of fun."

"Great!" Yong Hwa exclaimed happily. "Would you like to stay here until later? My band and I are performing tonight. I'd like to introduce you to them if it's alright with you."

"Yeah, sure. I'd love to meet your friends."

At seven  that night, people started to flow inside the bar. Three cute guys approached them and tapped Yong Hwa at the back. They were giving her and Yong Hwa teasing looks and asked him to introduce them.

"Shin Hye, these are my friends Kang Min Hyuk, Lee Jong Hyun, and Lee Jung Shin." Yong Hwa introduced them. "Guys, this is Park Shin Hye."

"Hi, it's nice to meet you." SHin Hye greeted them.

"It's great to finally meet you, Shin Hye." Min Hyuk greeted her enthusiastically, shaking her hand. "We heard so much about you."

Yong Hwa glared at Min Hyuk, warning him silently to keep his mouth shut.

Min Hyuk is very cute and adorable with chubby cheeks, and when he smiles his eyes sparkles. When she looks at him, she feels like cuddling him. Jong Hyun is very handsome and has a very charming smile. And when he smiled at her, she felt like swooning with giddiness. Jung Shin, on the other hand is very pretty. 'If she's a woman, she'll be prettier than me' Shin Hye thought to herself.

"Yes, it's a pleasure to finally meet you, Shin Hye." Jong Hyun agreed with Min Hyuk as he took her hand and placed a gentle kiss at the back of her hand.

'This guy's a flirt.' Shin Hye thought, her heart racing rapidly when he flashed her his most charming smile.

"Do you know that Yong Hwa has been looking for you like crazy these past few days? He called every Park registered on the directory just to look for you."  he continued, exposing his friend to her.

"Yah! Shut up!" Yong Hwa muttered loudly at Jong Hyun. He threw himself at Jong Hyun trying to cover his mouth and prevent him from further saying anything to Shin Hye. Jong Hyun dodged him and scampered away, laughing as he run away from Yong Hwa. They ran around the bar like little kids, using the tables and customers as barriers between them.

Shin Hye laughed at their antics, feeling at ease with Yong Hwa's friends.

Jung Shin took advantage of Yong Hwa's inattention to siddle to Shin Hye's side and naughtily whispered to her.

"Hi, I'm Jung Shin, the smartest and the prettiest of the group. Do you know that all Yong could talk about these past few weeks were Shin Hye this and Shin Hye that? We felt like we already know you personally."

"Yah! Stop that!" Yong Hwa growled breathlessly, returning to their group after giving up chasing Jong Hyun around the bar. "Don't believe them, they're exaggerating."

Shin Hye laughed softly, feeling quite giddy as she said: "I hope he  had good things to say about me, did he?"

"Well, at first he was complaining about you when he called us from Indonesia but when he arrived, all he did was praise you." Min Hyuk continued to expose his friend.

"Yah! That's enough!" Yong Hwa glared at Min Hyuk, his cheeks turning bright red with embarrassment. "Come on, let's set up the instruments."

The three guys waved their hands at her as they excused themselves before going to the stage. Yong Hwa turned to Shin Hye, his face still red and unable to meet her eyes.

"Uhm... Shin Hye, I'll introduce you later to the crowd since most of the customers are members of our club. Is it okay with you?"

"Yeah, that's fine." Shin Hye replied, nodding her head.

"If it's not too much to ask, ah... will you give us a song number? Consider it as a screening to see if you're one of the few that we will allow to sing with the band." Yong Hwa asked her with a teasing look.

"Alright, I can do that. But please, don't make me play any instrument, okay?"

"Sure, no problem." Yong Hwa agreed.

He went up the satge to help the others. After a few minutes, someone from the background announced that the show is about to start.

"Ladies and gentlemen, let's all welcome our most favorite band... The Blue Idiots!"

Every one started to cheer and clap their hands as the band started to play their music. After several songs, Yong Hwa introduced Shin Hye to the crowd as the new member of the Music and Arts Club. He then asked her to grace them with a song number.With a shy smile on her face, Shin Hye took the microphone and sang one of her favorite songs, Lovely Day.

 

 

 

Wake me gently, My sunshine
Just like princess in the fairly tales, I will close my eyes and wait
When I open my eyes, please stay by my side, love shot
Just like prince in the fairly tales, look and smile at me
Even I do not know that, in my eyes there’s only you
And don’t know that my heart is throbbing, the sound of my heart beats

I wanna love you I wanna with you
Can you feel it, my feeling
Come to me, come a little bit closer and take my heart away
Everyday lovely day everyday I will whispering to you again
Sweeter than candy, I will give my love to you

Reading the magic spells syal la la
Your smile appeared like the warm sunshine
My heart is throbbing again
Now said to me

I wanna love you I wanna with you
Can you feel it, my feeling
Come to me, come a little bit closer and take my heart away
Everyday lovely day everyday I will whispering to you again
Sweeter than candy, I will give my love to you

Wanna love you wanna with you
I will hug you tight. lovely day please try to feel my heart
Together forever
lalalala lalalala everyday I will bring only happiness
Sweeter than candy I will give my love to you

After she sang, the crowd let out a whoop of cheer and clapped their hands vigorously, welcoming her to the club. Yong Hwa rushed to her side and whispered.

"Now, you're officially a member of the club... and our new band mate The Blue Idiots. Welcome to the club!"

 


 

A/N: Hi guys, here's another chapter for you.... Hope you like it.... cool

 

I'd like to thank you all for leaving your comments... Hope you won't get tired to leave your comments and let me know what you think about the stuff I'm writing!!!

 

Please feel free to leave  your comments!!!!

 

Your comments brightens my day and inspires me to continue writing!!!

 

Oh... and for silent readers, please do subscribe and leave your comments if you like my fic!!! wink

 

I'm overwhelmed at the support I'm getting for this fic!!!

 

Love you all guys!!!

 

 

graeye82heart