The Drunk and the

When Sparks Fly!!!

Yong Hwa searched the mansion looking for Shin Hye but saw no signs of her. It's been more than an hour since Hyun Joong dragged her away from him. He saw Hyun Joong at the ballroom talking to Jung Min and Bom, but it grated on his nerves to ask him about Shin Hye. He'd rather keep as much distance between them as possible. In fact, he'd be the happiest man alive if he didn't have to see him again, especially not with Shin Hye.

He was walking along the hallway when he heard a muffled sound coming from the music room. He poked his head inside but the room was shrouded in darkness. He was about to walk away when he heard the sound again. So, he went inside and looked for the switch of the light.

He looked around the room and noticed a small foot peeking beside the piano. He cautiously stepped forward to see who it was.

His eyes widened in surprise when he realized that it was Shin Hye. She was huddled beside the piano and holding a bottle of brandy. Her shoulders shook every time she hiccuped. Yong Hwa went down on his knees in front of her, his lips curving in a smile when he realized that she is drunk.

"Yah! Shin Hye, are you okay?" he asked, gently shaking her shoulder.

"I'm doo... doodle... liciously grea... eight!" she slurred.

"Doodle, what?" he asked, grinning at her.

But instead of replying, she looked at him through half-closed eyes and giggled drunkenly. She leaned close to him, their faces just an inch from each other.

"Yong," she sighed dreamily, her sweet breath coupled with slight smell of brandy wafting to his face. "I didn't realize before that you're actually quite handsome especially when you smile."

"You're drunk Shin Hye." he whispered huskily, tilting his head a little to the side to get a good whiff of her perfumed skin.

"Hhhmmm.... really?" she whispered close to his ears, her breath tickling his sensitive ear, making him shiver in delight and raising goosebumps along his neck and arms. "I'm not actually...... I'm just.... hhhmm... what's that word? ....yeah.... i'm just a little bit.... tipsy."

"Really?" he asked her. She nodded her head while smiling at him like a lunatic. "What are you doing here in the dark, anyway? Why aren't you with your cousins and friends?"

"I'm hiding."

"Hiding? From whom? And why are you hiding?"

"From the guests." she sighed dramatically. "They're all vultures who are out to get my blood!"

"You really are drunk." Yong Hwa laughed in amazement. "You're not making sense at all."

"They are vultures, Yong." she insisted. "I heard some of them talking about us and how terrible we are at playing the instruments. I know we are. I admit that. But they didn't have to be cruel about it." her smile suddenly disappeared and tears started to flow from her eyes. "They knew I was within hearing distance so they made sure that I heard every word they said." she sobbed brokenly.

"Don't mind them, Shin Hye." he advised her in a soft voice, drawing her in his arms. "They are not important. What is important is that you made your mom happy."

He is angry at those people who hurt Shin Hye's feelings. He wanted to know who they are and kick their butts out of the mansion. But he knew Shin Hye needed him there, to be calm and to give her comfort. 

When he looked at her huddled form, her tear-stained cheeks and red-rimmed eyes, he suddenly felt protective of her. He wanted to shield her from the cruel world, to keep her safe and happy all the time.

'So, this is how it feels to be truly in love?' he thought with a smile. 'All those fireworks and heart-thumping moments are great, but having these tender feelings are incomparable.'

"What are you drinking?" he asked, trying to keep her mind away from the people who hurt her feelings.

"Oh, this?" she asked, holding up the bottle of brandy. "It's a Poire Williams Pear Brandy."

"Where did you get that?"

"From the library where Dad keep most of his treasured drinks." she whispered close to his ears as if telling him an important secret. "I bought this for Dad while I was in France. It's his most favorite brandy."

Yong Hwa shivered when he felt Shin Hye's lips touch his ear.

"Why are you drinking this?" he asked, his tone husky. "You'll get into trouble if your Dad finds out that you've been drinking."

"No no no no!" she slurred, shaking her fingers at his face. "This is a party, so I can drink whatever I like. Besides, I need to be drunk if I'm going to face the guests again. Alcohol gives me the courage I need to toughen up my heart."

"You don't need to be drunk for that. Just skip the party or spend the night with me somewhere private." he suggested.

"Hhhmmm.... you are wicked, Yong." she giggled at him, holding his face between her hands. She moved her face closer to his, their lips almost touching.

Yong Hwa felt his heart accelerate until it was drumming like crazy on his chest. He waited with bated breath on next move, silently wishing for the touch of her lips on his.

'Kyaahh! Stop that, Yong!' he mentally slapped his head. 'She's drunk, for Pete's sake!'

"I like it!" she whispered seductively.

"What?" he croaked. 'Did I just say out loud that I wanted her to kiss me?' he wondered frantically.

"I said.... I like it" his heart stuttered to a halt, "when you're wicked." she giggled drunkenly again.

"You.... you.... " he stuttered, but Shin Hye already turned her attention back to the bottle of brandy she's been drinking.

"Yong, will you help me, please?" she begged him, turning the empty bottle upside down. 

"Help you? With what?" he asked stupidly.

"I've been tying to get the fruit out of the bottle so I can eat it." she grumbled, shaking the bottle fiercely. She poked her finger at the mouth of the bottle, wriggling it and trying to get the pear.

"You can't get that pear out of the bottle. That's impossible." he told her.

"Impossible?" she asked. "How can it be impossible? They were able to put that fruit inside, so it's also possible to get it out again, isn't it?" she reasoned out.

He was enjoying watching her try to get the pear out of the bottle. She looked so adorable looking rumpled and drunk, her brows furrowed in concentration.

"Oh no!" Shin Hye suddenly exclaimed.

"What?!" Yong Hwa asked in concern. "What's wrong? Are you hurt?"

"No. But my finger is stuck in the bottle." she muttered, tryting to pull her fingers from the bottle.

"Wait. Let me see." he moved closer to her, holding the neck of the bottle and her hand, trying to pry her finger out of the bottle.

Shin Hye scooted closer to him, their heads and thighs touching. He can smell the sweet perfume of her skin, hear her soft even breathing and see the rhythmic ticking of the pulse on her neck.

"Oh no! It's swollen!" she cried out in alarm.

"WHAT?!" his voice came out in a croak, looking down on his lap then at her. His cheeks bright red, his mind wandering on a totally inappropriate dimension.

"My finger. It's swollen." she pouted, he let out a relieved sigh which is short lived. "We need a lubricant to make it slippery."

Yong Hwa let out a harsh groan at her words.

'Yah! Yong Hwa, you ert!' he mentally kicked his . 'Stop putting malice on her words!'

"Do you have anything that we can use as a lubricant?" he asked in a harsh, guttural tone.

It was a good thing that Shin Hye was too absorbed in getting her finger out of the bottle or she will surely notice Yong Hwa's husky voice and the fire in his eyes.

"I think there's an oil on that side table." she said, pointing to a side table at the corner of the room.

Yong Hwa searched the drawer of the table and found the oil. He immediately went back to her and poured a few drops on her finger. After a few minutes, they were able to pull her finger out.

"Oh, thank God!" Shin Hye muttered, slumping back on the wall . Yong Hwa sat beside her and looked at her closely.

"Stay here. Don't leave me." she begged him, her eyes closed.

"Don't worry. I won't go anywhere. I'll stay by your side as long as you need me." he promised her.

"Thanks." she whispered, leaning her head on his shoulder.

He looked at her and saw that she's asleep. 

Her face is very lovely up close. Her skin clear and flawless, her eyelashes are long and dark, her nose is perfect and cute, her cheeks naturally pink. And her lips.... her lips are red and pouting... begging to be kissed.

He stared at her lips long and hard. His mind and heart battling with each other.

Finally giving in to temptation and the cry of his heart, he angled his head closer to her. His lips less than an inch from hers, almost touching each other.

His heart beat frantically in anticipation, his breathing short, skin tingling, palms sweating. He closed the distance between them, his lips grazing gently on hers....

"What areyou doing?!" an enraged voice demanded from the door.

Yong Hwa jumped guiltily, jarring Shin Hye. He sat straight and stared at the door and saw Kim Hyun Joong looking at him angrily.

"What did you do to her?" Hyun Joong barked at him, kneeling in front of Shin Hye.

"Nothing!" he snapped defensively. "She was already drunk when I found her."

"You shouldn't have let her stay here. You should have called me or Jung Min so that she can rest in her room."

"She asked me not to leave her. Besides, I don't answer to you or to Jung Min." he grumbled. He stood up and faced Hyun Joong. "I'll bring her to her room." he said, bending down to to lift Shin Hye.

Hyun Joong pushed his hand away and gathered Shin Hye in his arms. He stood up, lifting her princess style in his arms.

"NO! I'll bring her to her room. I know where it is. You don't, do you?" he asked, raising his eyebrow at him.

OUCH!!! 

 


 

HI GUYS!!!! 

 

Here's another update for you.... Hope you like it *_*

Thank you to all my readers for the comments that you left... It inspires me to write *_*

What do you think of this chapter? Please do let me know what you think of it to help me improve *_*

Please comment and subscribe

 

 

 

graeye 82 smiley