Man Down Part1

When Sparks Fly!!!

 


 

Shin Hye cringed when she heard Yong Hwa roar out her name.

'I'm so dead now!' she muttered to herself, belatedly realizing the folly of her action. But it's too late to regret it now. What's done is done. She just has to brave it out and not show how scared she is.

She decided to stay away from Yong Hwa until he calmed down. She walked along the beach and watched the surfers having fun with the waves, admiring the way their muscles rippled as they move.

"Oh they are so handsome and muscular. I wonder if they'd like to give me a free surfing lesson. That would be fun." she giggled naughtily.

"Shin Hye?" a feminine voice interrupted her ogling of the surfers.

She turned to look at her caller, her eyes widening as she recognized the person who called her.

"Auntie Han? Uncle Han?" she exclaimed in surprise, then belatedly bowed her head in greeting. 

Auntie Han is one of her mom's cronies. She's also the biggest blabbermouth in the entire universe. Uncle Han on the other hand is just a quiet person who goes along with anything his wife says.

'Hayyss!!! Why is fate playing cruel jokes on me?' she sighed to herself. 'Maybe I was a very bad person in my past life to make me so unfortunate these days.

"Shin Hye, what are you doing here in Indonesia? Is your Mom with you? She didn't say anything about going on a vacation the last time we met." her Auntie Han asked in an exaggerated voice while her Uncle Han stood silently beside her.

Shin Hye smiled at her nervously and said: "I came here alone, Auntie. I just needed a vacation."

"Your Mom didn't object to this?" she asked, doubt clear in her voice.

Shin Hye was about to answer when she felt a heavy arm wrap around her shoulders.

"I've been looking everywhere for you, babe." Yong Hwa said in a sickening-sweet voice, his grip tightening painfully on her shoulder.

"Babe?" Auntie Han asked, her eyes widening, looking totally scandalized as she drew her own conclusions. "You're here with this young man?"

"I'm sorry Ma'am, Sir for being rude. Let me introduce myself first." Yong Hwa said, bowing his head to Auntie and Uncle Han. "I'm Jung Yong Hwa. I'm her husband."

"What?!" the older couple exclaimed at the same time, their eyes round and wide like saucers.

"You got married, Shin Hye? When? Why wasn't I invited?" she exclaimed in a hurt voice. "Why didn't your Mom say anything to me about your wedding?"

"Honey, maybe they have a reason why we weren't invited." her husband comforted her.

Shin Hye was about to answer her when Yong Hwa tightened his grip on her further, cutting her off.

"Don't worry Ma'am, it was not an intentional insult. We eloped, and we're on our honeymoon now." Yong Hwa lied with a straight face. "If you'll excuse us, I need to talk to my wife in private."

With a last bow at Auntie and Uncle Han, whose mouths are hanging open at his news, Yong Hwa dragged Shin Hye back to their cottage.

******************

Yong Hwa slammed the door shut as soon as they reached the cottage. He turned to look at her furiosly. She met his stare with an angry look of her own. The heat outside must have fried her brains for she totally lost any sense of self-preservation. Her angry look only provoke his ire.

"What did you do that for?" she shouted at him, half-furious, half-worried. "Don't you know that she's the biggest gossip in the world? Now, everyone will know where I am. Worse, they'll think that I eloped!"

Yong Hwa felt a stab of guilt at Shin Hye's panicked expression, but his remorse lasted for only a few seconds until he remembered why he went looking for her. 

"Yah! You're the one who started it. Why did you paint my face? I looked like a clown when I stepped outside! What's worse, you painted a monkey's on my cheeks!" he shot back. "Of all things you could draw on me, you painted a monkey's !!!"

Yong Hwa has a special aversion to monkeys. When he was ten a neighbor's monkey got loose from it's leash and chased him. It was also his fault 'coz he kept on teasing and provoking the monkey. After that incident he hated monkeys and was very afraid to get near them.

"Hmp! You deserve it for stealing my first kiss and you did that in front of witnesses!"

"No, you started it! You ----"

Their bickering was interrupted when Shin Hye's phone started ringing. She turned off her cellphone yesterday when she left Korea so that no one can contact her or trace her destination. But this morning, she turned it on to check her messages. She also left e-mail messages to her sister and cousins telling them not to worry about her. Although she's hiding from her parents, she didn't want them to worry too much. After sending her messages, she forgot to turn it off again for she was busy painting Yong Hwa's face.

She grimaced when she saw her caller ID. It was her mom. She was hesitant to answer her call but she knew that she'll be in bigger trouble if she ignores it. With a deep sigh, she pressed the answer button.

"Shin Hye! What is this I heard from your Auntie Han that you're in Indonesia and that you eloped?" her mother's hysterical voice greeted her.

'Hays! News do travel fast, faster than a wildfire!' she thought in irritation.

"Mom, calm down." Shin Hye said in a soothing voice.

"How can I calm down? You know I'm not against you having a boyfriend. In fact, I'm very open to it. You know I want you to be happy but why did you do this?" her mom continued with her litany.

"Mom, it's not true." she cut in.

"What? Are you telling me your Auntie Han was lying to me?" her mom's voice sounded incredulous.

"No, it's true." she stammered in confusion. She closed her eyes as she felt her head start to pound with the onset of a headache.

"What? Shin Hye you're not making sense at all. It's either she's telling the truth or she's not."

She bit her lip as she tried to think of a way to explain her situation without revealing the entire truth. She didn't want her mom to find out that she slept with a man, no matter how innocent it was.

She looked up to see Yong Hwa's evil grin, obviously enjoying her distress. She shot him a warning glare before turning back to explain to her mom.

"Well... uuhhmm... it's true that I'm in Indonesia," she tried to explain haltingly as she started to pace in front of Yong Hwa. "But, it's not ----"

The rest of her sentence was cut off when she felt Yong Hwa's warm breath on her ear, totally scrambling her thoughts. She shivered as his breath tickled her ear.

"Hey baby, who are you talking to?" Yong Hwa said loudly and huskily, obviously intending for her mom to hear his voice.

"Shin Hye? Who's that man talking to you?" her mom exclaimed.

"Will you shut up?" she hissed at Yong Hwa angrily.

"What?" her mom cried out in shock and hurt. "Are you telling me to shut up?"

"No! No Mom, of course not!" she hurriedly denied while glaring daggers at Yong Hwa. "It's not you I'm telling to shut up."

"Hhhhmmm.... baby, you smell so good." he whispered seductively near the phone while trying hard not to laugh out loud.

"Yah! Are you crazy?" Shin Hye cried out, this time covering the mouthpiece of her phone. She can still hear her mom's horrified exclamations on the other line. "I'm going to kill you for this later. Just wait and see!" she growled.

"Shin Hye, how can you do this to us? Now I know your Auntie Han was not lying to me. You are!" her mom said in hysteria. She can hear her sobbing and sniffing uncontrollably.

"No Mom, I'm not lying. That guy was just pulling a prank on me." she said desperately, still glaring murderously at Yong Hwa. But her mom won't listen to her.

The devil on the other hand was laughing uncontrollably at her side making her angrier by the second. In a fit of anger and irritation, she kicked him on the knee. But instead of hitting his knee, her foot slid up when he jerked it to the side, and slammed right at the very sensitive middle. He grunted in pain as he fell on the floor.

"Oooopppsss!" she muttered, flinching as she saw him grimace in pain.

She can still hear her mom going on and on with her tirade but she didn't listen to a word she said.

"Mom, I'll call you later and explain, alright? Bye!" 

Yong Hwa glared at her furiously from the floor, his gaze promising retribution.

"Twice!!!" he gasped furiously, his breath shallow with pain. "You've unmanned me twice! You're going to pay for this if there won't be a future Jung coming from my line!"

"It was your fault! You shouldn't have jerked your knee to the side." she tried to shift the blame back to him. "I was aiming for you knee, not your... your... you know what!" she mumbled the last word as she blushed from shame and anger.

"You better pray that you didn't cause me permanent damage, or else..."

"Or els what?" she snapped, baiting him. Deep inside she knew she should shut up and not provoke him anymore, but a little devil is egging her on just to see his reaction.

"Hays!!! Will you shut up? I'm not in the mood to bicker with you anymore!"

"You better find another room if you don't want a repeat of this 'coz your fears will definitely turn into reality if you stay here for another second.."

"Oh, you bet I will!" he snapped, standing up as the pain in his nether region finally subsided. "I don't want to spend another minute of my time with a viper-tongued, crotch-kicking female centaur!"

************************************************

Now, here she sat on her towel, at the beach, staring at her nemesis who is busy flirting with silicon s and botox-enhanced face. 

Just this mornig, her nemesis gathered all his things and changed into another cottage. Unfortunately, the cottage given to him was the one right next to hers. She didn't know what he said to the receptionist to explain why he had to change to another room --- and she didn't care. All that matter is that he's gone from her cottage.

With a last glare at her nemesis, Shin Hye gathered her towel and stomped away. She didn't understand why she suddenly felt irritated at the sight of her nemesis flirting with those girls.

**************************************************

As she walked away, a set of eyes followed her movements. He smiled mischievously as he watched the gentle sway of her hips and the delicate lines of her face.

'She's very pretty and cute when she's not angry. I bet she'll be prettier when she smile.'

 


 

 

 

 A/N: Hi guys!!! I'm very sorry for the late update! After I updated the final chapter of my second fic, I think I kinda lost interest in writing. I was enjoying reading all those wonderful fics from the other authors that I didn't feel like writing anything. I guess I felt like I was not doing a good job in writing. Well, enough about my self-pity and self-deprecating statements. LOL!

 

Hope you enjoy reading this chapter.

 

Please leave your comments, comments and more comments!!!