JYH vs KHJ

When Sparks Fly!!!

Yong Hwa sat inside his car waiting for Shin Hye in front of their house. It is Monday morning, two days after the birthday party of Se Bin. He hummed softy along with the music on his car radio when the door opened.

He smiled when he saw her step out of the house. HIs smile vanished instantly when he saw Hyun Joong trailing behind her.

"Good morning!" Shin Hye greeted him, stepping inside the car.

She turned to look back at Hyun Joong who stood a few steps away from the car with his hands in his pockets.

"Come on, Oppa! Get in!" she called to him before turning back to Yong Hwa.

"What's going on, Shin Hye?" he hissed softly. "Why is he tagging along?"

"He's coming with us to school. You don't mind, do you?" she asked with an expectant smile on her face.

"What?!" Yong Hwa exclaimed. "Isn't he a little bit too old for school? He's the same age as your brother, isn't he?"

"He's not gonna enroll, silly!" she giggled. "He just want to visit Director Choi. He and Director Choi and Jung Min Oppa were friends back in their school days. I invited him to come with us to school. It's okay with you, right?"

Before he can reply and tell her with a definite 'NO! I DON'T WANT HIM IN MY CAR!' and fire more questions at her, Hyun Joong stepped inside the car. He sat at the backseat and gave him a short nod and muttered 'Good Morning!' With a glare at the general direction of his unwanted passenger, Yong Hwa started the engine and drove to school.

 

***************************

 

Yong Hwa sat at the back corner of the room near the window, listening to his classmates talking to each other. He hid his face behind a book so he won't be bothered by anyone. The school campus is buzzing excitedly at the presence of KIM HYUN JOONG! The girls went gaga when they saw him.  News travelled fast as lightning that a handsome young man was seen with the campus heart throb (Yong Hwa) and the new campus sweetheart (Shin Hye).

Some speculated that he and Yong Hwa are either brothers or cousins for they look alike. He threw ominous glares at anyone who had the nerve to ask him if they are related. The thought of him and Hyun Joong even slightly related made his skin crawl and brought a frown to his face. 

The others sighed in envy when they saw the obvious closeness between him and Shin Hye. He heard some girls whisper that perhaps they are childhood sweethearts and are recently reunited.

"Oh no!" Sarang, the leader of the group who loved to gossip, exclaimed loudly. "If they are childhood sweethearts, what's going to happen to our YongShin couple?"

"Well, they have not yet confirmed whether or not they are officially dating. Maybe they are just friends." Hee Joo answered.

"Oooohhh! Does this mean that there could actually be another pairing? Maybe a HyunShin pairing?" a fat girl suggested in a high-pitched voice.

"I like that! I like that!" some girls chorused

"So, who's for HyunShin pairing? Raise your hands!" Sarang asked in a loud voice.

Several hands raised up while chattering excitedly why they like the new pairing.

"Who's for YongShin pairing?" Hee Joo asked loudly.

The other half of the group started to raise their hands and crying out "YongShin! YongShin! YongShin!"

Sarang quieted the group with a loud bang of her hands on the desk.

"I don't think that there's actually a YongShin pairing. They are just friends. They even said so before." Sarang said, grinning wickedly.

"I think you're right!" the fat girl agreed with Sarang. "Besides, Hyun Joong and Shin Hye look perfect together!"

Yong Hwa's temper exploded when he heard that last statement. Giving up the pretense of reading a book, he threw it against the wall and stood up roughly. The chair turned over at his abruptness. He approached the group with thunderous expression.

"Instead of wasting your time gossiping, why don't you turn your attention to studying? Maybe that way it can fill your empty heads with something useful!" he snapped at them before storming out the door.

"Why  didn't you tell me that Yong Hwa was there listening?" the fat girl cried tearfully. "Now he's mad at me!"

"How can he be mad at you when he's not even aware of your existence, you silly girl!" Sarang and Hee Joo snorted.

 

************************

 

Yong Hwa walked along the hallway with murder and mayhem in his mind. He was so furious he imagined himself with dark thunder clouds and bolts of lightning hovering over his head as he stormed the building while breathing out fire at anyone who looked his way.

"HyunShin, my !" he growled angrily. "How can they look perfect together when one is ancient while the other's an infant?!"

He kept muttering to himself while imagining Hyun Joong as an old man with long locks of white hair, holding a cane while his back bent forward in a stooped position. Then he thought of Shin Hye as an adorable little baby with her innocent face sleeping soundly inside a crib.

"See?" he muttered, talking to himself like a loon. "It would be too gross to have them end up together!"

He walked out of the building and wandered aimlessly inside the campus. He found himself standing in front of a pond, staring at the clear water while seeing the irritatingly handsome face of Kim Hyun Joong in his mind.

"NO! This can't go on!" he muttered in agitation, pacing back and forth. "I need to tell her how I feel before Kim Hyun Joong will make a move towards her."

"I know he has feelings for her even if he won't admit it! I can feel it! Kim Hyun Joong, BACK OFF! Park Shin Hye is MINE!"

With determined footsteps, Yong Hwa went to search for Shin Hye. He rounded the corner of the hallway and saw her walking towards him. His bad mood suddenly lifted and a smile formed his lips.

"Shin Hye!" he called out, jogging towards her.

"Yong!" she smiled at him. "What are you doing here? Don't you have class?"

"Forget about that." he dismissed her concern. "We need to talk. I have to tell you something. Something very important."

"What is it?" she asked. "Can't it wait?"

"No, it can't. Let's go somewhere private. There are too many ears trying to eavesdrop in our conversation."

He grabbed her hand and pulled her with him. They were already near the door of the building when someone called Shin Hye's name.

"Shin Hye!" the now annoyingly familiar voice of Kim Hyun Joong called out.

"PEST!" Yong Hwa grumbled quietly, too softly for Shin Hye to hear.

"Oppa!" Shin Hye looked back at Hyun Joong. The way she said 'Oppa' made Yong Hwa clench his teeth in irritation. "Are you done talking to Director Choi?"

"Yeah. He still has a class so we had to cut short our visit. Besides, he told me that one of our friend has a music bar just nearby." Hyun Joong said as he approached them. "I wanted to drop by for awhile to say hi."

"Who?"

"Yoon Gun. He owns the bar called The Oasis. Do you know where it is?"

"Oh yeah! The club performs there every day after class hours. Well, isn't that great?" she turned back to Yong Hwa. "Yong, you're performing tonight, right?"

Yong Hwa just shrugged his shoulder in response.

"Oppa, you want to go with us to the club? My class is over and Yong didn't attend his last class." she invited him.

"Shin Hye, we still need to talk." Yong Hwa reminded her.

"You're going somewhere?" Hyun Joong asked, noticing the grip of Yong Hwa's hand on her wrist.

"Yong has something important to tell me." she explained. "We were just about to go somewhere where we can talk in private."

"Oh. Can't it wait?" he asked, looking at Yong Hwa with raised eyebrows. "From what I've heard from Jung Min and Bom noona, you spend most of your time together. You can tell it to her some other time, or....." he paused, shooting a challenging look at Yong Hwa, "you can say it right here."

Yong Hwa shot dagger glares at Kim Hyun Joong. 'This guy is really pissing me off! Ggggrrr... he's such a nuisance!'

Before anyone can speak, they heard a shrill female voice calling out Shin Hye's name.

"Shin Hye!" Sarang called out, running towards them, out-of-breath as she suddenly skidded to a halt in front of them. "Thank God I found you!"

"Why? What's wrong?" she asked in concern.

"Oh, nothing really." she smiled sheepishly at them. "It's just that we need to submit our group project today. It's with you, right?"

"Oh yes! I almost forgot! Thank goodness you reminded me!" she exclaimed. She turned to look at Hyun Joong and Yong Hwa. "I'm sorry but I have to go for a while. I'll just submit our project then come back immediately. Yong, please keep Hyun Joong oppa company. I won't be long."

With a wave of her hand, she and Sarang sprinted back to their room leaving the two guys in awkward silence. Without a word to Yong Hwa, Hyun Joong turned his back to him and started to follow Shin Hye.

"Wait!" Yong Hwa called out to Hyun Joong. "I want to talk to you!"

Hyun Joong turned to look at him with unsmiling face.

"What?"

"Shin Hye. You like her, don't you?" he asked bluntly.

 

 

 


 

 

To all my readers, I'm really really really sorry fo the super-duper late update. I hope you will still support it after all this weeks of silence.

 

To all my readers, subscriber (both old and new) and commenters please let me know what you think of this chapter. Your comments inspires me to  improve my stuff and write more. I hope you are all still there supporting me.

 

I'm currently writing the next chapter so you can expect more JYH and KHJ tensions. I might be able to update the next chapter tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that one.

 

I want to thank:

anjellie_ka: chingu for all the comments you left on all my stories. Your last update on your fic actually inspired me to update my fic. thanks chingu

miss-hitomihhhmmm, maybe I can fit him in the story. I just don't know right now what his role is gonna be. you're right they actually look alike.

hanaplorzharei_88b2stftwpossible spoiler alert; he will probably cause a lot of stress to yong hwa. him and his infernally bad timing

laz_15hahaha... maybe on the later his wish will come true.... i wish i could re-write this chap and make him come a little later, but where would the fun be right? hehehe... it's good for his health to suffer a little agony (naughty thought) hehehe

cellat82ooohhh, the kiss will definitely happen... but much later hahaha

syonghwamaybe he's suicidal or something, or maybe he just want to be a torn on yong hwa's side hehehe

citaphilsladyinredsorry if i made you wait chingu. hope you enjoyed this chapter

100percentASIANthanks for liking the new addition. i like khj from bof

grace17jealousy on a guys part brings out the spice in the story hahaha.... but jealousy on a woman's part is depressing hahaha

x

Randomskeethanks for subscribing. i remember her part as gyu won in heartsstrings where she got drunk. she was so cute on that scene. i wanted to make her sound innocently y (hahaha is there such thing as ert being innocent, i really don't know)

 

 

Guys please leave your comments. I really want to hear from you again just to assure myself that you're still there (Silly me, right?)

 

Hugs and kisses heart

 

graeye82