Moms, Friends, Sister and a Strict ..... Brother?

When Sparks Fly!!!

This chapter is the original draft that I've written than the one I posted before. There would be some changes from the previous one 'coz I decided not to edit it anymore. I want to get to the next chapter already.

I hope that you will still like it and leave comments (gosh, is it too much to ask? I hope not) =)

For the other readers who wasn't able to read the chapter 7 before, I assure you that the story line is still the same. There are only a few lines of conversations and descriptions that I won't be able to add up from before. 

 


 

Shin Hye and Yong Hwa grew closer with each other as days and weeks passed by. They spent their free time getting to know each other better. After their classes, they go to the bar together to perform. Some nights they sing a duet and other times they perform a solo song.

Their budding closeness did not escape the eyes of their parents, friends and even the students at the school campus.

Their moms are very excited and giddy watching them spend time together. Whenever Yong Hwa visited Shin Hye at home, her mom makes sure that they are not disturbed. She always makes sure that they have time alone, though she always sneek a peek at them from a hidden place. Yes, she wants them to end up together, but she does not want anything "fishy" to occur. And same thing happens whenever Shin Hye visits Yong Hwa and his mom. Unknown to the two, their moms  are always calling each other to talk about them.

Whenever Shin Hye is at The Oasis, she get to spend quality time with the other members of the Blue Idiots. There was an instant rapport formed between them because of their love for music. They tried to teach her how to play the instruments, but after a week, they gave up.  

Jong Hyun was the one who came up with the idea of teaching her how to play the guitar. After two days of teaching her patiently the basics of guitar, he threw his hands up in surrender.

"Yah! Shin Hye, don't strike the strings too hard, you're going to break it like that." he instructed.

"Sorry, Jong Hyun. I'll try again." this times, she strummed the strings more gently, but she forgot to position her fingers for the chord.

"Shin Hye, you forgot to position your fingers for the chords." Jong Hyun pointed out.

"Sorry. I forgot the finger placement for the chords." she smiled bashfully at him.

"Aist! I give up!" Jong Hyun exclaimed.

Jung Shin taunted Jong Hyun, saying: "You're not a good teacher, Jong Hyun. You don't know how to teach properly." he teased his friend, grinning wickedly.

"Why don't you try teaching her and let's see if you'll succeed." Jong Hyun challenged, irked at being teased.

"You're on. By tomorrow afternoon, she'll be the best female guitarist in the campus." Jung Shin boasted.

"Let's see." Jong Hyun smirked.

"Yah, Shin Hye! You better give your entire focus on my lessons." Jung Shin commanded her. "You better not fail me."

Jung Shin, the least patient member of the group, lasted only two hours trying to teach her how to play the guitar.

"Yah!  Shin Hye, what are you trying to do to my baby?" Jung Shin exclaimed in annoyance, referring to his guitar. "If my baby is a breathing, living thing, he'll surely be dead by now! You're holding it like you wanted to choke it to death!"

"Sorry, Jung Shin." she pouted.

Min Hyuk offered to teach her how to play the drums. He thought that the two were exaggerating when they said that Shin Hye was unteachable, but he soon learned his lesson.

"Yah, Shin Hye, you don't need to strike the drums too hard." he cried out. "You're boring holes on my drums."

After several more tries, Min Hyuk finally gave up. Shin Hye just can't play the drums and produce a good music. All he heard was a discordant banging sound that gave him a headache.

Yong Hwa met Shin Hye's sister Bom and her two cousins Dara and Min Young when he visited her at home. He was amazed at how beautiful they all are. 

Dara reminded him of Min Hyuk who's so adorable and playful. Dara always had this sparkle in her eyes as if she's thinking of something naughty to do. Min Young is breathlessly beautiful. Looking at her face, he knew that she's a heart breaker. Bom is hot and y. He's sure that guys are lining up to court her.

 

He was at Shin Hye's mansion, waiting for her at the front garden when her sister Bom approached him. 

"Shin Hye will be down in a few minutes. I already instructed the butler to inform her that you're here." Bom told him after they greeted each other.

"Thank you."

They sat on the bench facing each other. Bom is staring at him with a small smile playing on her lips, while Yong Hwa felt impatient waiting for Shin Hye to appear.

"Yong, may I ask you a question?"

"Sure." he replied. "What is it?"

"What's between you and my sister? Are you two dating already? Maybe secretly.... or not so secretly?" she smiled teasingly at him.

"Uh.... uhm..." Yong Hwa stuttered. "We're just friends. We're not yet dating."

"Not yet?" Bom was fast to catch his slip of the tongue. "So, it means you have intentions of dating her in the future?"

"No no no. You misunderstood. What I meant was that we're not dating." he hurriedly said, his face flushing bright red.

"Really?" Bom asked with a slight disbelief in her tone.

Yong Hwa nodded in confirmation, wondering where this conversation is heading to.

"If you say so." Bom said, her tone says that she's not totally convinced. "Anyway, I really wanted to talk to you about Shin Hye. She's always been head-strong and stubborn to the point of rebellion. This is the first time that she actually went along with what Mom's asked of her. Maybe it's because she likes you a little." Bom said in a hushed voice as if telling him a secret.

Yong Hwa's heart jolted when he heard that. He felt giddy thinking that maybe Shin Hye likes him a little.

"I'm not saying she does," she continued, crushing his joy. "but I've noticed some changes in her. I think it's because of you. You've softened her." she said the last with a smile on her lips and a sparkle of gratitude in her eyes.

Yong Hwa blushed, not knowing how to react or what to say without sounding arrogant or fishing for compliments.

"Uhm... thanks." was all he could mumble.

"Can I ask you for a favor?"

"Uhm... sure" he replied hesitantly.

"Please take care of her as a friend... or more than that if you like. Be gentle with her. She might seem strong and stubborn but she's very fragile inside. She's an outrageous flirt but she's afraid of committments. Don't hurt her, okay?"

"I give you my word that I'll take care of her and will try my best not to hurt her." he said, his sincerity rang clear on his voice. "I want her to be happy all the time 'coz when she is, I feel happy too."

"Thanks. Well, I have to go first. Just wait for her here, okay?" she stood up and left him.

 

********************************

 

Bom entered the house and saw Jung Min waiting for her at the door.

"Where is he?" Jung Min asked. 

"At the front garden." she replied, giggling when she saw the wicked glint in his eyes. "He's all yours."

Jung Min grunted, striding to the door.

"Detain Shin Hye for at least thirty minutes while I talk to that guy."

"Alright." Bom agreed. "Yah! Jung Min, don't scare him away or Mom will have your hide. He's her prospective son-in-law, you know that."

"We'll see." was all he muttered, marching towards the front garden.

 

**********************************

 

Yong Hwa heard footsteps coming his way. He turned around with a smile, thinking it was Shin Hye. But the face he saw was not of Shin Hye but of a young man who looked at him with serious eyes.

"Are you Yong Hwa?" the man asked.

"Good morning," he greeted, bowing his head. "I'm Jung Yong Hwa. And you are?"

"I'm Park Jung Min. I'm Shin Hye's older brother." he said, his face unsmiling.

Yong Hwa gulped nervously, smiling at Jung Min when he said in a slightly tremulous tone "It's nice to meet you."

Jung Min did not reply. Instead, he sat on the bench where Bom sat earlier and commanded him to sit.

Jung Min didn't say anything while they sat across each other. He looked at Yong Hwa with an inscrutable expression, his gaze running over him from head to foot.

"Are you dating my sister?" Jung Min asked without preamble.

"Uhm.. no, we are not dating," he stuttered nervously. "but we hang out a lot."

"What's the difference? Isn't hanging out together same as dating especially if it's just the two of you?"

"Unm... no?" he replied in a questioning tone, unsure on how to answer.

"Are you in love with Shin Hye?" Jung Min asked bluntly, startling him.

'Yah! I thought it was meeting the parents that was scary. No one told me about big brothers!' he complained silently as he started sweating bullets.

"I... I like her... I don't know if it's love already."

Jung Min leaned forward, putting his elbows on his knees, staring directly at Yong Hwa's eyes. His gaze held a hint of warning when he said in a soft and slightly menacing voice.

"I don't know what's the real score between you and my sister. But I'm warning you, if you ever hurt her or make her cry, I'm going to hunt you down and feed your hide to the piranhas! Got it?!"

Yong Hwa gulped loudly, his skin paling at the obvious threat on the other man's voice. He let out a loud sigh when Jung Min left, leaving him alone.

'What was that?' Yong Hwa thought in a daze. 'No wonder she's got no boyfriend 'till now. Her brother is CRAZY!'

 

*****************************

 

Yong Hwa and Shin Hye went to the former's house to practice some songs for their gig. After two hours of practice, they were tired and went to the living room to watch TV.  They were watching M Countdown and the SNSD group are perfroming their song "The Boys".

"WOW! They're so hot and y!" Yong Hwa whistled, his eyes glued on the tv screen. His jaw hanging open watching the nine girls dance wearing skimpy clothes.

Shin Hye got irritated at the way Yong Hwa was giving lustful looks at the girls.

"Yah! You better close your mouth, you're drooling on the popcorn!" Shin Hye snapped at him.

"Hey! Why are you angry?" Yong Hwa asked. "What did I do?"

Instead of replying, she shot him an irritated glare before looking back at the tv.

'Yeesh! He's so dense!' Shin Hye growled silently.

She stood up and stomped to the kitchen to get some drinks. When she came back, she saw the male group 2AM bowing their heads at the end of their performance. She flopped down on the couch and grabbed the popcorn from Yong Hwa after offering him drinks.

She squealed in excitement when the Super Junior suddenly appeared on the stage and perfromed their song "Superman"

"OMG! They are so damn HOT!" she shrieked.

Yong Hwa glared at her, covering his ears with his hands.

"Will you please stop shrieking? You're hurting my eardrums!" he barked at her angrily.

"Waaahhh!!! Siwon-oppa is so darn y! Oooohhh how I'd love to have a chance to run my hands on his muscular chest!" she cried out, jumping on the couch when the camera focused on Siwon.

"What's so great about him? He's not that handsome!" Yong Hwa grumbled, stealing a glance at his own chest.

"Kyaahh!!! It's Kyuhyun-oppa!!!" she exclaimed giddily. "Do you know that he's well-known as the evil maknae?" she turned to Yong Hwa with this bit of information. "I'd give my soul to have the chance to tame him!" she sighed dreamily.

"Yah! Will you stop that!" Yong Hwa demanded. "What's so great about them? I'm more handsome than any of them!" he boasted.

Shin Hye looked at him incredulously, staring at him as if he's lost his mind. She slowly leaned toward him and placed her palm on his forehead.

"Are you okay, Yong? Are you feverish?"

"I'm great. I'm not feverish at all. Why?" he asked in confusion.

"I don't think you're okay. You're hallucinating just now." she whispered sarcastically then started laughing hysterically.

"Ggggrrrr!!! You are so irritating!!!" Yong Hwa growled, stomping away.

Shin Hye felt immediately guilty for teasing him. She stood up and chased him.

"I'm sorry!" she called out, chasing after him. "You're handsome too.... well.... but not as y as Kyuhyun-oppa or Siwon-oppa." she cringed when Yong Hwa threw her a dagger glare and walked away.

"Alright! Fine! I'm sorry!" she said contritely, catching up with him and grabbing his arm. "It was just a joke. Don't be mad."

Yong Hwa stopped walking and looked at her with unsmiling face.

"Say that I'm handsome first... more than those two idiots then I'll forgive you."

"Do I have to?"

Yong Hwa glared at her.

"You're handsome and y." she hurriedly said. "So, am I forgiven?"

"Alright! You're forgiven." he smiled, wrapping his arm around her shoulder.

They stared at each other and started laughing hysterically at their silliness.

"Come on, let's practice some more." Yong Hwa walked ahead of her to the music room.

"Kyuhyun-oppa and Siwon-oppa are still way hotter and ier than you!" she said quietly behind him, a mischievous smile playing on her lips.

"I HEARD THAT!"

"YIKES!!!"

 


 

Author's Lament: I MISS MY COMMENTS ON THIS CHAPTER!!!! THEY WERE GREAT COMMENTS!    (T_T)