The Confession

When Sparks Fly!!!

Yong Hwa grabbed Shin Hye's wrist and pulled her with him to the door. She looked back to see Hyun Joong staring after them. She can't understand why, but it seems like he looked very sad as he stared after them.

They met Min Hyuk at the door as they were about to step out.

"Min Hyuk, please tell Yoong Gun that I won't be able to finish the rest of the set. Tell Jong Hyun to cover for me." Yong Hwa instructed Min Hyuk. "Bye!"

"But Yong!" Min Hyuk cried out in protest. "Where are you going? What am I going to tell Yoon Gun?"

"Tell him that I'm securing my happiness." he said mysteriously then left with Shin Hye, leaving Min Hyuk staring after them with a confused expression.

 

************

 

Hyun Joong stared after Yong Hwa and Shin Hye as they left the bar. When he saw Yong Hwa whisper something to Shin Hye and pull her out of the bar, he knew what he was going to do. He's going to confess.

He felt despair as he watch her back disappear out the door. He knew that this night is the night that he will lose her to someone else.

When he sang that song, he was silently confessing his feelings for her. He still hoped that she can read between the lines and know what is in his heart. But her expression never changed. There was no dawning of realization. She remained oblivious to what he was feeling.

"Goodbye, Shin Hye." he whispered softly. "My feelings for you will forever remain a secret. I hope that he will make you happy and not hurt you."

 

***********************

 

After they left the bar, Yong Hwa kept on walking while tagging Shin Hye with him. He didn't say a word to her. After thirty minutes of what seemed like an endless walk she finally ground to a halt and pulled on her wrist.

"I thought you wanted to talk?" Shin Hye asked in irritation.

"I do." Yong Hwa replied, staring at her with unreadable eyes.

"Oh really?" she muttered sarcastically. "Don't wait for me to jump for joy 'coz I haven't heard a peep from you. Not since we left the bar."

"You're too impatient, you know that?" Yong Hwa said with a half smile on his lips.

"Me? Impatient?" Shin Hye exclaimed in disbelief. "Wow! You're unbelievable! You dragged me from the bar half way through Hyun Joong oppa's performance then made me walk for thirty minutes without a sound from you! If I didn't stop and complain I don't knowhow long and how far you intended to walk!"

At the end of her tirade, Shin Hye was already hyperventilating. She was so irritated, she wanted to stomp her foot and pull her hair.

"Alright! I'm sorry!" Yong Hwa raised his hands in surrender.

He turned around and continued walking. He looked behind him expecting to see Shin Hye following him. She was not. She was already walking back the way they came.

"I LOVE YOU!" he suddenly shouted at her. He saw several people turn and stare at him and Shin Hye, most  of them smiled at the pair giddily. He saw her stop on her tracks before slowly turning back to look at him with wide eyes. "That's what I wanted to tell you."

He walked slowly towards her until he was just a foot away. He was oblivious to the stares of the people around them. He was so focused on Shin Hye and making her see and believe in his declaration.... and hoping against all hope that she will somehow return a fraction of his feelings.

"Yo.... you... you..." she stuttered stupidly, swallowing loudly. "You... you.... uuhhmm.... love.... me? As... as in.... me?" she asked, turning her head side to side, then looked behind her just to see that he was actually talking to her.

"Yeah, you." Yong Hwa laughed softly at her adorably bewildered expression. "I'm in love with you Park Shin Hye."

"Oh."

"I know this setting is very unromantic to declare my feelings. Believe me, this is not how I imagined myself declaring my love to the first girl I ever fell for." he said with a shy smile on his lips.

"How did you imagine confessing your feelings for the first time?" she asked in a soft voice while her heart is thumping madly in her chest.

She wanted to jump and shout with happiness and tell him that she loved him too. But she controlled herself. Kyaahh!!! A girl deserves to hear flowery words from the guy she loves, right? Besides, it's good for her ego and confidence to know what he feels. She suffered too, thinking that he didn't reciprocate her feelings. Now, she has her moment and she's not gonna rush it! No way! She's gonna enjoy and savor every second of this very exhilirating and heart-racing declaration!

"You know, the usual I guess. A dinner date, some flowers, chocolates and a serenade. The usual romantic stuff." he said, biting his lower lip in a very y way.

"Then why didn't you do it? Why now?" she whispered. "Why here? In front of this crowd and near the Han River?"

'Ha! As if you're not already melting like butter from this spine tingling moment!' her inner voice taunted her.

"Because I'm scared."

"Huh? Scared? You?" she asked in confusion. "Why?"

"I was scared that you will fall for Hyun Joong and his obvious charms! I was scared that he will steal you from me." he admitted in a raspy voice.

"You're crazy!" Shin Hye laughed softly. "Oppa and I are just friends. Besides, he's like a big brother to me. I'm pretty sure he thinks of me as his little sister too."

"That's what you think!" he muttered softly, too low for her to hear. "I know better."

He didn't say more 'coz he didn't want her to know that Hyun Joong is in love with her. Call him selfish, but what the heck! When it comes to love you have to do everything to win the girl's affection. Even keeping the true feelings of your competition a secret.

"How about you?" he asked shyly while looking in her eyes. "Do you like me? Even just a little bit? Do I have a chance to win your heart?" he asked hesitantly.

"Ah-ah!" she said, shaking her finger at him. "You're not going to get me that easily. I'm not going to tell you what's in my heart yet. You have to answer some questions first!"

Yong Hwa opened his mouth to protest but no sound came out when he saw the determined look on her eyes.

"Alright!" he muttered in surrender. "Fire away!"

Shin Hye gave a small smile of victory and asked: "When did you first realize that you love me?"

"I think I started to fall for you the first time we kissed." he answered, his face turning bright red.

"Hmp! For your information, we did not kiss! You kissed me, I did not kiss you back! You stole my first kiss!" she pouted childidhly, but her heart thundered double time inside her chest remembering their first kiss. Kyaahh!!! Remembering that day brought a bright flush on her cheeks. She had to be honest with herself and admit that it was not because of embarrassment but because of giddiness.... and the naughtier side of her is screaming loudly in her head 'MORE! MORE! MORE!'

"If it's any consolation to you, that was also my first kiss...." he confessed bashfully.

"Really?" she asked in amazement. He nodded. "How about your previous girlfriends or the girls you dated before? Don't tell me you never kissed any of them?"

"I never had a girlfriend before. If you were listening to me a while ago, I said that you are the first girl that I fell for." he reminded her. "And I don't kiss girls I take on a casual date. That spells trouble for me."

"Hmp!" she muttered, jealousy searing her chest. She suddenly wanted to find the girls he dated and scratch their eyes out! Kyaahh! She never thought that she can be a witch because of a guy!

Yong Hwa interpreting her feelings correctly, smiled and pulled her in his arms.

"You don't have to be jealous of any of them, you know. I never felt anything near to what I feel for you. I love you, not them." he whispered in her ear.

She smiled giddily. "You still didn't answer my question. When did you realize that you love me?" She couldn't hide the giddiness from showing on her voice, which made Yong Hwa smiled as he indulgently answered her question.

"The night of your Mom's birthday when you were standing on that small stage looking so beautiful. My heart skipped a beat and every one seemed to vanish from the room. I felt like there was only me and you in the room." he confessed. "When you smiled at me, I knew then and there that I was in love with you."

"Oooohhh.... that's so sweet!" she whispered while a giggle she couldn't keep in spill out from . "One last question..... What do youlike about me?" she asked shyly.

"I don't think I want to answer that question. I can see your ears growing bigger and bigger with every word I said." he , making her cry out in protest as she punched his arm lightly.

"Yah! That's rude!" she complained.

Yong Hwa laughed uproariously then turned serious when he saw the pout on her lips.

"Sorry! I'll be serious, promise!" he swore, comforting her. "I love everything about you, Shin Hye. I love the way you smile, it's just a little quirk of your lips when you're pleased about something or it can be a full blown smile when you find something funny..... I love the way you pout when you're irritated or annoyed...... I love the way you purse your lips when you're thinking deeply or trying to solve something mentally......  I love the cute way you bite your lower lip when you're nervous or embarrased..... I love the way your eyes sparkle when you're excited or thinking of something naughty." he told her in a husky voice, holding her face gently between his palms as he stared deeply in her eyes.

"I love your kind and generous heart. You may seem like a rebel to your family for doing what you want, but for me, that's just your independent nature. I love your bravery in going through with the musicale despite knowing how inept you were at playing the instrument..... it showed how much you love your Mom, proving how thoughtful and a loving daughter you are. I love the way you get along with my friends. You are patient with them and never get fed up with their constant teasing and sometimes rowdy behavior."

"What else?" she whispered impishly, grinning from ear to ear.

"You are a glutton for compliments, aren't you?" Yong Hwa .

"Yes, I am! I want to hear more, hehehe! Keep the compliments coming, please!"

"I love your zest for life, your wit and your determination. I love the way you get jealous of the girls who flirt with me." Shin Hye raised her eyebrow at the last bit but didn't deny it. "You're stubborn about some things and not afraid to voice out your complaints. But most of all, I love you just for being you.... flaws and all."

"Oooohhhh.... that's the most beautiful and sweetest things anyone has ever said to me." she crooned softly, her heart hammering crazily in her chest.

"Hhhhmmmm... here I am baring my heart and soul to you and probably sounding like a love-crazed lunatic to anyone who heard me but I haven't heard a word of how you feel for me." he complained like a little boy deprived of his most favorite toy.

Shin Hye smiled shyly, placed her hands on his face and looked deeply in his eyes and said: "You are the devil who stole my first kiss! You have annoyed, irritated and caused me endless trouble! Since our first meeting, you have brought out the worst in me..... I never thought I could behave like a shrew and screech like a banshee.... but I did because of you."

Yong Hwa's face turned sad at her words. His heart dropped to his stomach like a poisoned stone, hopes of winning her heart starting to  fade. 

"And because of you..... I have never felt more alive. You made me smile and laugh like no other. You made me want to stay here in Korea, with my family.... You calmed my restlessness and brought me serenity. Because of you, going to school that my parents chose for me, became less of a chore and more of an adventure. And just now you made me feel beautiful..... and truly loved.... You, JUNG YONG HWA, made me fall head over heels in love for the first time in my life..... I LOVE YOU, JUNG YONG HWA!"

With a smile on their faces, Yong Hwa closed the distance between them and gently touched his lips to hers, giving her the sweetest kiss.... sealing their love for each other....

 


 

Guuuuyyyyssss!!!!! I know it's been ages since I last updated! I'm really sorry for not updating.... I've been so busy these past few weeks after I got sick that I didn't even have time to open my laptop and go online. I'm really really really sorry!!!! Please please please hang in there and keep on supporting me! I'm not going to say when I can post the next update 'coz every time I say I'll post, something comes up and disrupts my schedule.I hope you are still there guys ^_^

 

What do you think of this chapter? Yeah, I know it's kinda cheesy.... I'm kinda afraid to read your comments on this... well, assuming you're gonna leave one.... well I hope you do... no matter what the comment is, I still want to hear from you guys... just to assure myself that someone is still interested in reading my stuff..... please please please pleeeeaaassseee leave your comments guys I BEG YOU! (Gah! I sound pathetic!)

 

Anyway, I hope you still like it despite the cheesy lines and everything hehehe ^_^

 

anjellie_ka: chingu!!!!! please don't resend the death threat for the late update! kekeke..... chingu!!!!! a million thanks for the poster!!!! i really really really love it!!!!

Randomskee: I couldn't make Hyun Joong a bad person here 'coz I ship him too hehehe.... but I'm also 100% YongShin shipper too

filipino-korean: yeah chingu! THE SONG! kekeke I really love the song too.... I've been listening to it over and over again while I was writing the previous chapter... it actually inspired me to make the story flow the way it did in the previous chapter ^_^  oh, and I'm listening to it right now while I'm encoding as well as the other songs from heartstring ^_^

jadepizarro: shin woo and ji hoo had the same situation and the song actually fit them... but of course in this fic, Yong Hwa will always win the girl ^_^

laz_15: thanks chingu for your kind words ^_^ i try my best to keep it witty and humorous ^_^ I hope I don't disappoint.... the confrontation between the two flower boys, I'm sure is a secret fantasy of every girl hahaha (I hope there are two guys who will also fight for my affections kyahahaha).... I remember that scene where he sang the song on a sidewalk.... I fell and tumbled for him head over heels on that scene hahaha ^_^

miss-hitomi: yeah, it's so sad for KHJ, but what can we do? We are YONGSHIN shipper all the way kekeke ^_^

BlaCK-LoVE: I too miss the BOF days.... but my heart now belongs to heartstring.... ^_^

citaphils: I hope this chapter granted your wish kekekeke... I'm sorry for making you wait too long for an update ^_^

hanaplor: hahaha I get you there chingu.... there are guys who are just so handsome that making them suffer seem so heartbreaking kekeke

sailormoon87: thanks for your concern chingu... I'm okay now... I was just too busy these past few days that's why I wasn't able to update... hope you like this chapter ^_^

 

GUYS! Please COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE!

 

love ya!

 

graeye82heart