•T•

You are The One

this is a double update so do make sure you've read chapter 8 & 9!!

 

Chapter 9

Jinyoung POV

The next morning I woke up and went to the bathroom and looked at myself, the bruises were much more prominent now, I could only use concealer to cover it. I put on many layers of the concealer and put on fresh bandages.

My whole body hurt even when I was just walking. I tried not to wince everytime I moved and finally managed to after 10 minutes of walking to school. I walked by myself, not going to call Jihoon when I left. When I got back the day before, I texted him a simple, 'I'm home.' before leaving my phone untouched till this morning.

I had to avoid Jihoon at all costs, I knew he was going to breakup with me anyway, it was better to hurt myself now than later, I didn't want to live in a fake world of happiness, lying to myself that he'll love me forever. When I got to school, I was walking to class and Samuel came and threw his arm over my shoulder and I flinched slightly wincing in pain.

He looked at me, with concern written all over his face, 'Hyung are you alright? did I hurt you? I'm so sorry.' I just brushed it off saying that I had slept in the wrong position the night before and accidentally fell off the bed.

With our first classes over, we walked towards the lunch room. I still avoided Jihoon, and went to sit between Seonho and Daehwi. While we were eating, Seonho suddenly turned to stare at me, 'Hey Jinyoung hyung why are you wearing concealer today?'

All of them turned their attention to me, Jihoon stared at me from across the table, 'He's right babe why are you wearing concealer?'

'Ah I fell of the bed last night and I have a bruise on my face so I used Sang Hee noona's concealer to cover it up.' I lied through my teeth, I felt bad but I didn't want them to know what happened. They all nodded before turning back to their food.

Haknyeon hyung eyed me suspiciously for a while, 'You bruised your whole face?' And again all the attention was back on me, 'Think about it hyung if I just use concealer on one part of my face it wouldn't be the same colour and I would look weird so I just covered my whole face with it.'

They all thought about what I said before turning back and continuing their conversations. We finished our lunch peacefully and got ready to leave.

When we were walking to music class, Haknyeon hyung and Sam suddenly pulled me aside, I winced in pain when Sam put his hand on my shoulder again.

'Spill it Bae Jinyoung, I know you couldn't have fallen off the bed and gotten a bruise on your face and Samuel told me that when he put his arm around your shoulder you flinched and winced. What happened?' Haknyeon sat me and Sam down behind the school.

Samuel added, 'And why are you avoiding Jihoon hyung? You usually always walk with him, sit next to him and talk to him but you haven't even looked in his direction the whole day.'

I was hesitant to tell them and Samuel saw and took tissues and concealer out of his bag, 'Don't worry hyung we'll help you, just trust us. And don't worry about crying I have concealer.'

So I told them what happened right from when I left before Jihoon went for his basketball training up till why I was avoiding and running away from him this morning.

I didn't realize I had started crying until Samuel passed me some tissues and Haknyeon hyung brought me into his embrace, 'shh Jinyoung don't cry, we'll help you settle this.'

They let me cry out all my frustration and when I wiped my tears away, the concealer came off and I heard them gasp.

'Jinyoung that looks really painful. God dammit why didn't you tell us earlier? How badly did they hit you?' Haknyeon hyung turned my face from side to side, inspecting it.

I winced, 'I have some cuts and bruises on my back, shoulders and stomach too but it's nothing I can't handle.' I lied once again, trying to show that I was fine.

Samuel started tearing up as he hugged me again, 'Hyung I'm so sorry for making you go through more pain when I kept putting my hand on your shoulder. I'm so so sorry.'

I pat his back, 'Hey, it's alright it doesn't even hurt that much now, I took painkillers for it this morning.'

'Jinyoung, if you have to take painkillers it definitely hurts a lot. Aside from that, what are you going to tell Jihoon? You can't just wear concealer everyday and avoid him everyday, he'll know something's up.' Haknyeon laid down on the floor.

'Well I guess it doesn't really matter since he'll break up with me sooner or later.' I shrugged and laid down too. Samuel shook his head at me, 'Hyung are you seriously going to let what those bullies said get to you? You really shouldn't. Jihoon hyung loves you and you know that. He'll never break up with you.'

Haknyeon sighed, 'Jinyoung just promise me that you'll tell Jihoon by the end of this week. I don't want you to be hurting by yourself okay? And remember if anything happens, tell us Jinyoung, we're always here for you.'

'Yeah hyung and if you don't want to tell me or Haknyeon hyung at least tell someone you're close too like Daehwi hyung or Seonho. It doesn't matter who, just let someone know.' Samuel laid down next to me and looked up towards the sky.

I nodded, closing my eyes, 'Thank you guys so much, I don't know what I ever did to deserve friends like you but I hope you guys know that I'm really really grateful for you.'

'Yeah we know.' They said together and I opened my eyes to see them smiling cheekily and rolled my eyes, 'Y'all are so egoistic.'

Haknyeon hyung laughed, 'Yeah but you love us anyway. Let's just skip music class there's only half an hour left, get some rest I'll call you guys up 5 minutes before to help you put your concealer on.'

I closed my eyes and drifted off, feeling more at ease after letting out all my frustrations to Haknyeon hyung and Samuel.


________________________________________________

hope you like this chapter and do leave comments so i can improve!!

twitter -> @ultswoojin ♡