•R•

You are The One

This is a double update so do make sure you've read both chapters and didn't accidentally skip one~

 

Chapter 6

Jihoon POV

I wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled him closer. I could hear his breath hitch and I heard him shakily ask, 'Ji-Jihoon hyung? Are you awake?'

I felt him trying to get out of my hold so I tightened my grip around his waist, I felt his heart speed up. It confirmed what Haknyeon and Hyeongseob had been going on about yesterday.

•flashback - when they were on the way to the park•

'Seriously Jihoon, I swear Jinyoung likes you. Have you seen the way he looks at you? He looks at you like you're his whole world and don't even try to deny, we know he's probably your whole world too.' Haknyeon shifted back onto the topic of me liking Jinyoung. I groaned, pushing his face away from mine.

Hyeongseob threw his arm over my shoulder, 'He's not wrong though. Why not just try confessing to him.' I looked at him as if he was crazy. 'So let me get it straight, what you guys want me to do is, confess to Jinyoung, then lose my friendship with the one person I care about the most? That's a funny joke guys ha ha ha, such great friends you guys are.'

'This is why I say you're hopeless Park Jihoon.' Haknyeon rolled his eyes at me, 'Just, I don't know do something that makes it obvious that he likes you like- have a sleepover with him today then just cuddle him or something and if his heart starts racing I'm 99% sure he likes you too.'

That could work. I could just pretend I was sleeping and do it and see his reaction. That way I'd never have to risk losing the friendship if he doesn't like me, I could just brush it off saying I was sleeping.

'You know what? Maybe I'll give it a shot today. Now walk faster morons I see Jinyoung at the basketball court already.' I messed up their hair before running off and I could hear them cursing at me as I laughed at them and got further away.

•Present time•

I could feel Jinyoung trying to get comfortable before slowly drifting off, when I knew that for sure he was asleep, I whispered "Goodnight beautiful.'

Third person POV

But little did he know that Jinyoung had heard it.

Haknyeon POV (My POVs keep jumping around I'm so sorry ☹️)

I watched as Jinyoung walked off with Jihoon on his back. I turned to the rest, 'Well at least Jihoon is smart enough to think of something by himself for once.' Daehwi turned to me, 'What are you going on about hyung?'

Hyeongseob put his arm around Euiwoong, 'Look here, did you seriously think your Jihoon hyung would fall asleep in less than 5 minutes? All of us knows it takes him forever to fall asleep. He's just trying to find out if Jinyoung likes him. But just don't tell him I told you that because I still have a long life to live.'

Daehwi and Samuel looked at Hyeongseob funny, 'Wait but hyung why does Jihoon hyung need to know if Jinyoung hyung likes him? Don't we all know he clearly does?'

I sighed. 'Exactly, but obviously both of them are too stupid to see that and probably go on about how they'll ruin their friendship because they'll slip up by accident and lose their friendship with one another. I swear that's the last thing that would ever happen if one of them confessed.'

Hyeongseob looked at me before looking back at them. 'Hey guys, we-' He gestured to me then back at himself, 'bet $50 each that by Monday you'll see them walking into school together as a couple.'

They thought through it for awhile before slowly agreeing to it, 'Okay, we'll take you up on that bet, they may like each other but I doubt they'll get together in 2 days, that's too quick, even if this is the first time Jihoon hyung actually likes someone.' Euiwoong voiced out and we all ran back to continue the game.

Jihoon POV

The next morning I woke up to someone's arms around my waist and the familiar scent of Jinyoung's minty body wash and of course I knew right away that it was Jinyoung.

I opened my eyes only to be met with Jinyoung's perfect face. I smiled, how great would it be to wake up next to him everyday. I moved his hair away from his face but froze when he started moving about and mumbling.

I quickly removed my hand from his head but stayed in the same position, not budging even though he kept rolling around. He stretched and punched me in the jaw while doing so. 'Yah Bae Jinyoung is that how you're supposed to treat your hyung?!'

His eyes snapped open and he turned to look at me, 'Crap hyung I forgot you were here oh my god I'm so sorry. Does your jaw hurt? Do you need some ice?' He scrambled to get up, probably going to get ice. I grabbed his wrist and pulled him back to bed, backhugging him again, 'No I don't need ice and where are you trying to run off to you don't have anything on today so you're hanging out with me.'

There it was again, his heart started speeding up the moment I hugged him. I already knew why but I decided a little bit of joking around was fine, 'Yah Jinyoung why is your heart beating so fast?' I turned him around to face me and our faces were inches apart. 'Did you already fall for my charms even though you said you wouldn't?'

I winked at him and he rolled his eyes at me, pushing my face away from his, 'Yeah as if hyung, dream on. I was just scared you would kill me for punching your so called "absolutely perfect face that anyone would die for".'

I gasped and faked offense, 'Excuse me mister Bae Jinyoung my face is indeed perfect.' I brought my face closer to his again, 'But yours is even more perfect.' I winked again. He groaned, 'What is up with you today hyung? It's been less than 5 minutes since I've woken up and you've already winked twice. What? Don't tell me you fell for me instead.' He smirked at me, 'And stop sprouting bull hyung my face isn't even close to nice how can it be perfect.'

Why does he never realize how perfect he looks, for god sake he just woke up with messy bed head and he still looks like the most beautiful person I've seen.

'Jinyoung I've told you this before and now I'm telling you this again, you are really really good looking so stop denying it. And what can you do if I actually fell for you?'

I turned to face him and I saw his cheeks redden, 'ha ha very funny hyung now stop joking around.' I pouted, 'Jinyounggg why do you always think I'm joking I could be telling the truth, what's there not to like about you anyway? You're practically the perfect human being.'

'There's a lot of things hyung, firstly despite what you say while trying to be nice, I know I'm not good looking-' I shook my head, he was so oblivious, 'I lack self confidence and I'm staring at the ground for 75% of the time I'm around anyone, partially because I know I don't have good looks and there's other good looking people like you and the rest of our group out there.'

'I know people get tired of me sooner or later and honestly hyung you're the only one that's ever stayed for so long and you are the only best friend I've ever had, and I'm just really scared that you'll leave me soon once you realize how useless and how big of a disappointment and embarrassment I am. No one has ever bothered to make an effort to know me before you and you're just so kind, good looking, popular, it seems like the literal sun lives in you, you never judge anyone and you always give people second chances and honestly that what I love about you the most and what made me fall for you.'

Jinyoung POV

My eyes widened after I realized what I had just let slip out, I truly just ruined my friendship with Park Jihoon, my first best friend, the first person I've ever loved and the first person that ever made me feel loved. I stood up and dashed towards the door.

_______________________________________________________________

hi guys!! my uploading of new chapters will be on different days now so that the whole story can be up by the last episode of produce101!! after posting each chapter, I'll let you guys know when is the next time I'll update so you guys know when to check back!! The next chapter will be up on the 24th of May in the morning (following the Korean days of you're from a different time zone from there currently today is the 21st of May!!) I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter and do leave comments thank you!!

twitter -> @ultswoojin ♡