•E•

You are The One

Flashback

Jinyoung POV

My eyes widened after I realized what I had just let slip out, I truly just ruined my friendship with Park Jihoon, my first best friend, the first person I ever loved and the first person that ever made me feel loved. I stood up and dashed towards the door.

Chapter 7

Jinyoung POV

I just made it to the door knob when I was whipped around by none other than Jihoon hyung and pulled into a bone breaking hug. I could hear Jihoon sobbing and all thoughts of running away from there vanished from my mind and I hugged him back, trying to comfort him.

I led him back to my bed and sat down, with him still in my arms. I let him cry into my shoulder until he finally calmed down and looked at me eyes red and swollen. I walked to the bathroom to get a towel for him and when I got back he was trying to compose himself.

I passed the towel to him, 'Hyung why are you crying? What happened? Are you okay?' He stared at me for the longest time before launching himself at me and hugging me again. 'Shut up Jinyoung stop being so nice when you're the one hurting inside.' I heard his muffled words clearly although he was speaking into my jacket.

'You're the one hurting and it's the first time you've ever told me that Jinyoung, why didn't you tell me sooner? I never would've judged you and you know that. I can't believe that you've been suffering for so long without ever telling someone and yet when I cry you still care so so much? What did I ever do to deserve you.'

I continued holding him in my arms, and muttered, 'More like what did I do to deserve you.' Jihoon smacked my chest, 'Shut up.' After a while of just lying there together, he got up and sat cross-legged facing me, 'Okay now that I've calmed down, please Jinyoung, please just come to me whenever you feel lonely, or if you feel sad, or when you're happy or anytime at all. I swear I won't ever get tired of you.'

I wanted to say 'But what if you do?' But I stopped myself. I trusted in Jihoon, I knew that he would never lie to me.

'Now we have more important things to talk about like the fact that you actually like me.' He smirked at me and I threw a pillow at him. It hit him square in the face and he looked offended. 'Fine, you know it already then, but what's the point? You already like someone anyway, and now our friendship's probably going to be ruined because you're going to hate me after this.'

I closed my eyes and hit my head repeatedly with my pillow, how could I be so stupid to let that slip up? Then I felt Jihoon grabbing my wrists to stop me from hitting myself. He then wrapped his arms around my waist and lied down next to me, leaning his head on my arm.

'I never said I would hate you. Also you never asked who I liked, did you just assume I wouldn't like you?' I opened my mouth to say 'yes' but he clamped a hand over my mouth and groaned, 'Shut up oh my god you're not supposed to answer that.'

He sat up and looked me right in the eyes, 'Listen okay Bae Jinyoung, I like you. No scratch that I'm in love with you. I know it's only been a month since we got to know each other but I fell in love with you from day one and my love for you hasn't stopped growing up till now. And I doubt it ever will.'

He took a deep breath, 'So remember this okay Jinyoung, in my eyes, you are perfect no matter what you do. Your insecurities should be the least of your worries, because honestly, everyone loves you. You say that it seems like the sun lives in me? It really doesn't Jinyoung. It lives in you. Everyone is so happy and cheerful when you're around and they've only known you for a month so please never ever feel bad about yourself ever again, and like I said, I'm there for you always okay.'

He interlocked his fingers with mine, looked at it for awhile before speaking again, 'I know I said this many times before, but Jinyoung you really are perfect. Believe in yourself more. Okay and now I need to ask you something really important, like you don't have to answer it right now if you don't want to, heck you can say no and I'll still be happy as hell. So, Bae Jinyoung, you truly are my whole world and I love you so so much, I sound as if I'm proposing to you right now, and I'm sure I sound really cringey but, will you be mine?'

I pretended I was thinking about it for a second and I could see the hope he had slowly fading away, 'What do you think hyung?' He looked so sad and I felt terrible.

I pulled him closer, 'Of course I will.' The look on his face is something I'll never forget. His eyes lit up like a kid finally getting something he wanted and his smile was so so bright. He squealed and jumped onto me and started hugging me before stopping to hold me at arms length away and looking me over, then hugging me again.

'I can't believe you're really mine now. Mark my words Bae Jinyoung, I'm never letting you go.'

I hugged him back tightly. I'm never ever letting you go either, I love you.


________________________________________________________________

hi guys!! i hope you guys liked this chapter (its a really short one sorry☹️) and the next update will be on 26th May about 2 hrs before produce101 starts!! do leave comments on how i can improve!!

twitter -> @ultswoojin ♡