•U•

You are The One

Chapter 3


Third person POV

2 weeks had passed and Jinyoung and Jihoon were closer than ever, despite numerous warnings from the rest of the group, Jinyoung always told them, 'Don't worry I'm able to take care of myself but thank you for looking out for me.' He was sure he would never fall for Jihoon no matter what happened or how Jihoon displayed his charms.

Jihoon on the other hand fell more and more in love with Jinyoung with each passing day after getting close to him, personally, he loved Jinyoung's bright and humble personality, his ability to make him laugh when he was down, and that he never saw Jihoon as someone who couldn't handle himself. He trusted fully in Jihoon and always supported him, and that was just one out of the million things that Jihoon loved about him.

But of course, Jihoon would never admit that he fell for Jinyoung because he had said before that he would never fall for or date someone in his friend group. But everytime he saw Jinyoung his heart felt like it was soaring and he always was happy and would be smiling constantly. He turned down all confessions to him claiming that he just had no time for relationships when it was infact because he loved Jinyoung.

Suffice to say that they were best friends, just two weeks and they knew practically everything about each other. If you were looking for Jihoon, Jinyoung would be there, and vice versa. They couldn't be separated and it didn't help that they lived 3 houses down from one another. The only times they weren't together was when they were sleeping, unless they had impromptu sleepovers where they would just stay up late and talk about anything and everything they could talk about.

They understood each other best and their friendship grew, just as Jihoon's love for Jinyoung grew. And Jinyoung, who told himself he would never fall for Jihoons charms, found himself doing exactly that after being so, so close to Jihoon for the month he was there. Jihoon understood him so well, always comforting and supporting him when he wasn't feeling confident or anything at all.

He realized it on one of the nights of their sleepovers.

Flashback

Jinyoung POV

We were lying down on the floor staring at Jihoon's ceiling when he questioned me, 'Yah Jinyoung, why do you always turn down all your confessions? Like, you could get anyone you wanted with your personality and your face but yet you turn down every single one of them. Why?'

I could feel his gaze on me as he was speaking, I thought to myself, why? Why did I always turn down people. 'I turn down the girls solely because I'm gay, the boys? I don't really know either, I don't know them well and they don't know me well so I don't see a reason why I should accept them.'

I turned to look at Jihoon, 'What about you then?' From the rumours I heard, Jihoon dated someone new every 2-3 days but he hadn't been accpeting their confessions since he broke up with the poor girl. He stared up at the ceiling before sighing.

'Well, I'm gay too, I never liked it when girls tried to act cute, and I've never found myself ever attracted to them, sure they were pretty and all but I just never saw the appeal in dating any of them for real.'

'Then what about all the boys?'

He turned and looked at me right in the eyes, 'I guess it's because I love someone else already.' I could feel the sincerity and how much he loved the person when he spoke and I felt something stirring in my chest and I quickly broke our eye contact and turned away. 'Well I hope that it goes great with him, whoever he is.'

Sure I was wishing him good luck but I sure as hell was jealous. I didn't know why I was jealous, everytime anyone came up to Jihoon asking to date him I felt a pang of jealousy in my chest but I brushed it away as being afraid I would lose my one best friend.

I knew I liked him, but I would never admit it after saying over and over again that I wouldn't fall for his charms. I knew he would never like me in that way anyway, so there was no point admitting it or letting people know. I could hear him sigh again beside me, 'Yeah I hope it goes well for me too.' There it was again, the pang of jealousy that I felt.

I turned my back towards him trying to push back the tears before quietly whispering, 'Goodnight Hyung.'

Just as I was drifting into dreamland I heard him whisper back in a pained tone, 'Night Jin.'

__________________________

twitter -> @ultswoojin ♡