Epilogue - You are The One

You are The One

Chapter 17 - Epilogue

7 years later

Jihoon knew that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with Jinyoung, after all they'd been together for so long and Jihoon's love for Jinyoung hadn't decreased even by a bit since the day they met. Again, Jihoon spent months planning and planning for a perfect way to propose, this time without the help of anyone.

He knew Jinyoung best and he wanted to keep this a surprise from everyone in their group. Now all he could do was make this perfect and pray that Jinyoung said yes. He would've gotten help from anyone in the group on how to propose but, sadly none of them proposed yet, so all Jihoon had was the internet and his own mom to turn to.

Jihoon POV

I was stuck. How was I supposed to plan a proposal. I knew Jinyoung would want something simple but not half-hearted. The internet clearly didn't help, no one would've run into the same problem as me before. I didn't even think anyone would know how to answer my question, but I turned to the one person who I knew would never fail me.

'Mom, thanks for answering, I'm stuck and I'm dead if I can't figure out this by next Monday.' I knew my mom would have ideas to help me and she did, 'Honey, just write him a song it's heartfelt and it isn't something super exaggerated and big.' That's right, Jinyoung loved listening to music, that's exactly what I should do.

'Mom you're a lifesaver, thank you so much, I'll call you again soon! Yeah love you too, bye!' I could do it, I had written songs on the spot before, and writing one to propose to Jinyoung would be simple.

Third person POV

Jihoon started writing the song for Jinyoung and sure enough, he finished it in 3 days. Just in time for Jinyoung's birthday. He rushed to the venue where he had set everything up, the place where they had their first date, the place where they reconciled, the place where Jihoon took Jinyoung to before he asked him out again, the ice cream shop.

He opened the door and gasped, the place looked amazing, there were fairy-lights hanging everywhere and the whole shop looked magical. 'Jinyoung's going to love this.' He muttered to himself, walking around and adjusting small things before his phone vibrated.

From: My Jinyoungie❤

Babe I'm done with work where do you wanna meet for dinner?

To: My Jinyoungie

Your favourite restaurant? I'll meet you there in 10 minutes! Be careful when you're going there okay?

He smiled, hoping it would all go according to plan, before jumping in the car and driving down to the restaurant. They spent their dinner talking about their day, making plans to meet the others and enjoying each others company. Jihoon pulled Jinyoung out of the restaurant the second they were done and walked over to the car. 'Jinyoung let's go for ice cream.'

'Babe we always go for ice cream after dinner, is it necessary to tell me that?' Jihoon chuckled at him, 'Yes it is, in case you forget!' Jinyoung laughed, 'It's our daily routine, I won't ever forget it.' Jihoon smiled before setting off to the ice cream shop and upon reaching it he turned to Jinyoung, tossing him a blindfold. 'Wear this.'

Jinyoung stared at the blindfold before turning to Jihoon, 'Why.' Jihoon smiled at him, 'I have a surprise for you! Just wear it and trust me.' Jinyoung sighed before putting it on and holding on to Jihoon, 'You better not be kidnapping me.' Jihoon laughed at his ridiculousness, 'Okay firstly babe you're an adult, secondly, why would I need to kidnap you when you're already mine?'

Jinyoung's cheeks reddened as he smiled, he would never get tired of Jihoon calling him his. He felt Jihoon guide him into the shop before sitting him down on a chair. 'Okay now take off the blindfold.' Jinyoung pulled if off and looked around. 'Oh my god, this is beautiful.' He admired the whole shop before looking back at Jihoon, 'You did this?'

Jihoon smiled widely back at him while nodding, 'Yep I did it all for you.' Jinyoung was touched to say the least, Jihoon never failed to surprise him with everything he did for him. He always found ways to top everything he did before. Jinyoung teared up and reached across to pull Jihoon into a hug, 'Thank you so much I love it.'

Jihoon smiled before running to the back and pulling out a guitar, 'That wasn't all, now sit down, relax and listen to this song.' Jihoon played the song and Jinyoung teared up, smiling at Jihoon. He finished the song and put the guitar down, before going down on one knee. Jinyoung gasped and looked at Jihoon with wide eyes.

'You must be really shocked right now, I bet you never expected this.' Jihoon chuckled, winking at the clearly flustered and shocked Jinyoung, 'Jinyoung I really love you and I hope I've done a good job at being your boyfriend the past few years. I know I want to spend the rest of my life with you, and I hope you feel the same because I could never imagine my life without you.'

'I know you've wanted something heartfelt and simple, yes I listen to every one of your rants and everything you say to me, and I hope this fits what you've wanted, and before I start rambling on, I guess I should say it. Bae Jinyoung, you're the only person I've ever loved this much, you made me a better person and you're always there to support me through everything. Will you marry me?'

Jinyoung pulled Jihoon up into a kiss and he could feel Jihoon smiling against his lips. He pulled away, 'You idiot I love you, of course I'll marry you.' Jihoon slipped the ring onto Jinyoung's finger and got pulled into a hug by Jinyoung again, 'This was amazing Jihoon I love you so much thank you for this.'

Jihoon hugged him back tightly, 'Only the best for you babe, now enjoy the ice cream I got your favourite.' Jinyoung pulled back and pecked him on the lips before turning and eating the ice cream, occasionally switching with Jihoon. Jihoon smiled at Jinyoung, Jinyoung really was his now, and him Jinyoung's.

•time skip - the next day

They broke the news that they were engaged to the rest of their group and Jihoon got endless teasing from Haknyeon and Hyeongseob, 'You said you'd be the last in the group to be engaged yet you're the first? I'm kidding congrats man.'

Jinyoung on the other hand, had a party thrown for him by none other than Daehwi, Samuel and Seonho. 'Hyung congrats, I knew that one day you'd find the love of your life and finally be happy with him.' Daehwi latched himself onto Jinyoung hugging him tightly, 'Just don't forget to make time to hang out with us always okay?'

Jinyoung hugged him back tightly before ruffling his hair, 'Daehwi I'll always have time for you guys, I'm pretty sure you'll just drag me away from Jihoon if you want to.' Daehwi pulled back and gasped at Jinyoung, 'Hyung I will not do that what are you talking about?' He turned to Samuel, 'Back me up.'

Samuel stared at him, 'Well Jinyoung hyung's not wrong...' Daehwi glared at him and Jinyoung stuck his hand out for a high five. Seonho butted in, 'Well if Jihoon hyung doesn't let you spend time with us we'll make him, don't worry we are great at negotiating.' All of them stared at Seonho before bursting out in laughter.

'Seonho it would be easier to just drag me away from Jihoon than try to negotiate with him.' Seonho waved his hand dismissing that thought, 'Of course I know that, I'm pretty sure everyone who knows you guys knows that.' They really loved each other so much and no one could ever come between the two of them.

Daehwi suddenly turned to him, 'Hyung didn't Jihoon hyung sing a song to you when he proposed?' Jinyoung nodded looking back at Daehwi's expectant look. 'Well let us hear how it sounds like! I'm pretty sure you would've said yes even if Jihoon hyung just stood there and asked you out but I wanna know what he sang. Pleasee.'

He stared back at their puppy eyes before smiling, 'Now that's something that I'm going to keep between Jihoon and myself only, maybe we'll show it to you guys in the future but for now, no matter how adorable you guys look, I'm not showing it.'

They pouted before turning back to eating, Jinyoung smiled, that song Jihoon sang for him was his most cherished song. Honestly he never would let anyone else hear it except himself, Jihoon truly showed how much he really loved Jinyoung and Jinyoung loved it, he loved the song, the lyrics, he loved Jihoon.

Jinyoung POV

He smiled at me before strumming on the guitar.

Please open your pretty door for me,
I brought flowers for you,
I wish to see your bright smile tomorrow,
your smile brightens my day.
I can’t sleep because I’m excited,
for the next time I get to meet you.
I just you forever baby,
I just you forever.
Everyday I spend some time with you my baby.
I want to fall asleep with you every night,
I want to wake up next to you every day.
Out of everyone in the world, you are mine, you are the one.

________________________________________________________

Hi guys!! Firstly the song is donghyun's song that he sang on his vlive (check it out!!) but i added some lines here and there to make it longer (donghyun's song lyrics are super good that's why i use it all the time) and secondly, idk if y'all realized but I had exactly 16 chapters before this so the chapters could spell out 'You are The One' hehe also thirdly this is the last chapter of this story, thank you all for reading it and i hope you liked it!! i know the chapters were kind of rushed the past few weeks but i hope you still enjoyed it! ㅠㅠ The last ep is coming in an hour good luck to all your favs and again, thank you for reading this story

twitter -> @ultswoojin ♡