• •

You are The One

Chapter 16

Jihoon POV

Tomorrow was the day. I would finally do it tomorrow. I had been planning this for the past 2 months, with the help of Sam, Daehwi and Seonho. I thanked the gods that Daehwi finally started talking to me again. I had no idea what I'd do if I didn't have Daehwi's help.

'Hyung okay think, what does Jinyoung hyung like?' I stared at him. 'Daehwi that's why you're here! You're close to him and I know you know what he likes!' Samuel put his hand on my shoulder, 'Hyung stop shouting at Daehwi or he's going to leave.' I ran my hands through my hair.

'I'm sorry Daehwi I'm just so stressed out over this it has to be perfect, I can't lose him again.' Daehwi smiled at me, 'I know hyung, don't worry we'll help you out with this. He'll definitely say yes.' We sat there planning for the whole day and finally got it ready. I let out a sigh, 'It's finally done. Thank you so much guys, I don't know what I would've done without you.'

'Nothing. You would've done nothing and continued to stress out over this for the rest of your life while Jinyoung hyung gets together with someone else and lives happily ever after.' I stared at Samuel and he looked back at me before we slowly turned to stare at Daehwi. He turned to look at us, 'Well I'm not wrong am I?'

We slowly nodded at him before looking back at each other. Samuel shrugged at me. We sat there resting for god knows how long before Daehwi suddenly moved towards me. 'Hyung why did you break up with Jinyoung hyung?' My eyes snapped open. Oh no. Daehwi is going to kill me if I answer that.

I was going to brush it off and change the subject but Samuel too moved over, 'Good question Daehwi, why'd you do that hyung?' I closed my eyes, I'm screwed. I looked between the both of them, 'Do you want the truth or do you want me to sugar coat it.' Daehwi stared at me for a long time.

'Sugar coat it and I'll slap you hyung.' He challenged. Damn Daehwi is scary for a 16 year old. 'Okay fine, I'll tell you the real reason why, but you're not, absolutely not allowed to slap me.' I pointed at him and sat up. He rolled his eyes before huffing and agreeing.

'I was scared.' They stared at me. 'Why are you staring at me like that.' Daehwi squinted at me, 'You were, scared. Scared of what.' He stressed each word while moving towards me. Oh I'm dead. 'I was scared that I actually loved someone so much so I quickly broke it off because I didn't want to believe that Jinyoung could make me change so quickly.'

Daehwi glared at me, 'You- I'm- UGH I really want to kill you right now. You made Jinyoung hyung go through all that because. Because you were afraid? I've never wanted to slap you more than right now Jihoon hyung.' I sighed even I wanted to slap myself for doing that to Jinyoung.

Daehwi stood up and stomped over to his bag before walking off, 'I'm leaving.' Samuel stared at him walking off before turning to me, 'He can be abit of a drama queen, but hyung this better go well and you and Jinyoung hyung better end up together or Daehwi's going to flip. I'll go now!' He ran off after Daehwi.

I watched as he caught up with Daehwi and wrapped his arrms around Daehwi trying to calm him down. If I wasn't so stupid, if I hadn't broken up with Jinyoung that could've been us. But I did and now all I could do was try to fix this.

Third person POV

It was finally Friday and Jihoon was nervous. What if Daehwi didn't turn up to help? What if it didn't go according to plan? Worse. What if Jinyoung said no? He shook his head trying to clear his thoughts while waiting for Jinyoung. Right then Jinyoung walked out of the class and smiled at Jihoon.

'Jinyoung! Let's go we're going to be late if we don't go now!' Jihoon grabbed his hand and started running out of the school grounds and towards the ice cream shop. They burst into the shop and there was no one there. Jinyoung laughed at Jihoon, 'Hyung there's literally no one here what were we running for?'

Jihoon smiled at Jinyoung, 'For fun, you know I love running.' Jinyoung stared at Jihoon, 'You. You love running. I'm sorry I don't think I know you, the Jihoon hyung I know hates all sports except for basketball what did you do to my hyung.' Jihoon rolled his eyes and chuckled at Jinyoung.

'Ha ha. Very funny, choose you ice cream and let's go, the ice cream's free today.' Jinyoung eyed Jihoon suspiciously, 'Why is it free today?' Jihoon stared back in disbelief, 'I'm paying for it dummy, why else would it be free?'

They got their ice cream and Jihoon pulled Jinyoung out of the store. 'Hyung calm down we have all the time in the world, just calm down and enjoy today, the weather's beautiful, look at the scenery it's so relaxing.'

Jihoon POV

I stared at Jinyoung looking around and he turned to me, 'Hyung I said look at the scenery not look at me.' He turned my head away from him. 'Yeah but you're the scenery to me, you're the most beautiful thing here, why wouldn't I look at you?'

A blush rose to his cheeks and he rolled his eyes at me, 'Shut up.' I grabbed his hand and pulled him along, 'So I know you love carnivals, and there just happens to be one today, so do you want to go?' I watched as his eyes lit up at the mention of a carnival, I smiled at him, the little things that he did like this was so endearing.

'Really hyung? Why didn't you tell me earlier? Let's go, let's go.' He dragged me down the street before stopping. 'Wait where is it at?' I laughed at him, 'I was wondering when you were going to ask that, just follow me, it isn't that far away.' We slowly made our way there while telling each other about our day.

Third person POV

Jihoon pulled Jinyoung towards the roller-coasters the second they reached, ignoring Jinyoung's whines about being scared to go on them. 'Jinyoung I'll be sitting next to you anyway, calm down. I'm- No you won't die, I won't let you fly off the ride Jinyoung don't be ridiculous.'

Jihoon spent the whole day bringing Jinyoung around, occasionally pulling him onto what Jinyoung deemed as "scary rides". The carnival was coming to a close and Jihoon stopped in front of the Ferris wheel.

'Wanna go on the Ferris Wheel?' He turned to Jinyoung silently hoping he would say yes, or everything would be ruined. Jinyoung chuckled at him, 'Sure, it's the last ride we haven't gone on anyway.' Jihoon smiled before pulling Jinyoung into one of the vacant cabins.

Jihoon POV

Jinyoung got into the cabin and started staring out of the window. I took out my phone and quickly texted Daehwi, hopefully he was ready.

To: Daehwi ★彡

Daehwi get everything ready we're in cabin 7, we just got on.

From: Daehwi★彡

Hyung we've been ready and waiting for the past 3 hours, and yeah we know we saw you. Now shut up and go talk to Jinyoung hyung.

I sighed, I hope everything would go as planned. I reached out to grab Jinyoung's hand, 'So how did you find today?' He turned to look at me.

'It was fun. More fun than I'd ever had in the past 17 years of my life.' I could see him thinking back about his past and pulled him out of his thoughts. 'I'm glad you had fun, because I've been planning this for the past 2 months.'

He tilted his head to the side, 'Planning what?' I smiled at him, we were reaching the top. 'Turn around and look.' Jinyoung turned to look out of the window. I slipped my hands around his waist and rested my chin on his shoulder. The first firework shot up, I looked at Jinyoung as his eyes widened and his mouth formed an 'O'.

'Wow this is breathtaking.' I smiled, 'Read what it says.' He squinted, 'Read... it?' I watched as his expressions changed as he read my message. He started tearing and turned around hugging me tightly, 'Jinyoung are you alright?' I was shocked, I never expected him to cry. I felt him nodding as he continued holding on to me tightly.

I hugged him back and chuckled, 'I know I've been a horrible person to you and I know how much I hurt you and I'm really so sorry for being stupid and breaking you before, but I promise, if you say yes, I'll never leave you, ever, unless it's what you wish for. I hope you can give me a chance to make everything up to you and shower you with the love and care you deserve.'

I pulled away from Jinyoung and wiped his tears away, 'You don't have to say yes if you don't want to Jinyoung, but just know I'm always going to be by your side.' He sniffed before nodding, 'Jihoon you know I'm going to say yes. I love you so much I would be stupid to say no.' I smiled before pulling him into a hug.

'Then you're mine forever, I'm never going to let anyone steal you away from me, ever.' I could hear him laugh as he wrapped his arms around me. 'I'm not letting anyone steal you away either.' I pecked his cheek and winked at him, 'Please, I'm not going to look at anyone else but you so you don't have to worry.'

Third person POV

The rest of the school year passed by in a blur, Jihoon, Haknyeon, Hyeongseob and Jinyoung all managed to graduate and continued on their lives in their different collages. Their group rarely had time to meet each other during school days, but on holidays they were all joined by the hip and were always together. Before they knew it, all of them graduated university and had jobs, but all of them would still make time to spend with each other.


_______________________________________________

 

hi guys i hope you enjoyed this chapter!! do leave comments on how i can improve!! the last chapter will be out tomorrow, 1 hour before the broadcast of the last pd101 episode!!

twitter -> @ultswoojin ♡