Chapter 2 : The Visit

Invisibility 101
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"What the heck did you just say?", Nayoung angrily asks.

 

"Look, I didn't expect this. I never knew that she can possibly invite someone to accompany her.", Sejeong reasons out.

 

"Well, you could have at least figured that one out!"

 

"Who am I? Sherlock? You do know my deductive reasoning is not as good as his."

 

"Stop messing around, Sejeong! Just tell her that she can't bring anyone with her."

 

"That would be rude. Plus, I don't really mind if she brings someone with her.", Sejeong smiles at her and Nayoung can't help but think of getting rid of that smile off her face.

 

Pfft. Or course you don't.

 

Nayoung scoffs while rolling her eyes. "Well of course. You're God Sejeong. Of course you wouldn't mind."

 

"C'mon! It's not as bad as it seems. It wouldn't be much trouble. Trust me, yeah?"

 

Oh sure. Like I can trust you when it comes to a situation like this. I will probably die, Sejeong.

 

"Gimme your phone.", Nayoung commands while stretching her hand out to Sejeong who was seated comfortably on the couch.

 

"Why?", Sejeong asks with a puzzled look.

 

"I'm going to text that pre-schooler that you're hitting on and tell her not to take anyone with her. Better yet, tell her not to come over."

 

"Hell no! You've agreed to this remember?"

 

"I did. I only agreed to the first part which was her coming over. Meaning, she's not supposed to invite anyone else."

 

"Just give me the bloody phone!", Nayoung growls and moves to snatch Sejeong's phone which she was holding.

 

Sejeong swats Nayoung's hand away, giving the older girl a dirty look. Nayoung gives up immediately.

 

"Alright fine! Have it your way.", Nayoung says, putting her hands up submissively. She then plops down next to Sejeong and stares at the ceiling.

 

"Nayoungie, it's just two people coming. I didn't invite an entire village to come here.", Sejeong says. "And you're overreacting. I'm pretty sure the one Somi would bring would be a nice person since Somi's nice. I swear you're going to be stoked when you meet her.", Sejeong adds excitedly.

 

"Pffft. I highly doubt that. Since when did humans become nice?", Nayoung says, her eyebrows slightly furrowing.

 

"Nayoung I'm the living proof that humans ARE INDEED nice.", Sejeong tells her while pointing at herself.

 

Whatever, Sejeong.

 

"I still think that this is a bad idea."

 

"Relax. I just really don't want you to ditch me now since you do owe me---"

 

"Don't even go there.", Nayoung threatens.

 

Sejeong shrugs. "Alright, well I'm off to take a shower.", Sejeong declares then pats Nayoung's somehow tensed shoulder. "You'll be fine. Everything's going to be fine. I promise you.", Sejeong reassures her.

 

Nayoung takes a deep breath and sighs. 

 

I hope you're right about this.

 

Sejeong stands up and makes her way to their bathroom. Nayoung hears the knob click and she can hear the water running. She then grabs her laptop to watch a movie to hopefully, distract her. She settles for an Italian movie that she have watched for over 10 times now and then she sinks into her comfortable solitude.

 

20 minutes into the movie, Nayoung hears the doorbell. Nayoung grunts. She's totally not in the mood to stand up at the moment since she's already watching her favorite part. She's also not in the mood to know who the hell is at the door. Nayoung starts to get comfortable again with her watching when the doorbell keeps on ringing.

 

Nayoung gets up, completely annoyed. She slowly walks towards the door and peeks at their peephole. She sees a girl with brown hair that was tied up in braids, big and round hazel brown eyes, high nose and her perfectly carved face shows that she's in a cheery mood. A mood that reminds her of Sejeong. Nayoung thought that the girl was a foreigner.

 

An American perhaps? No. Doesn't seem like it. She's more of like a Canadian-Dutch-ish girl.

 

Nayoung moves away from the door and decides to continue watching her movie but before she can do so, she hears the doorbell ringing again. Nayoung swears she's going to destroy that doorbell of theirs. She grabs the doorknob, completely pissed off, and then opens it.

 

"What?", Nayoung says coldly, then glares at the girl. The girl was a few centimeters shorter than her. The girl looks down, biting her lip. Nayoung scrutinizes her from head to toe. She does look pretty. She also looks pretty mature. But Nayoung had important matters to deal with. She impatienly taps the floor with her right foot. The girl must have noticed since she decides to look up at her. The girl then speaks up.

 

"I was wondering if you--"

 

"Nope. We're not interested in your girl scout cookies or any possible sweets that you could possibly offer. Sweets are the main cause of diabetes and I'm not ready to die yet. Thank you. Have a nice day.", Nayoung immediately says with a fake smile and slams the door onto the girl's pretty face.

 

Nayoung moves back to her seat and resumes her movie. Sejeong emerges from the bathroom, towel in hand and her jet black hair still slightly damp.

 

"Who was at the door?", Sejeong asks Nayoung while using the towel to dry her hair.

 

"No one I care about.", Nayoung blankly says, not sparing Sejeong a glance.

 

"You don't care about anyone.", Sejeong hears the doorbell ring. Sejeong looks at Nayoung and opens to say something.

 

"I'm not getting that.", Nayoung tells her.

 

Sejeong sighs. "Of course you won't.", she mutters under her breath. Sejeong makes her way to the door and opens it.

 

"Somi! You're here!", Nayoung hears Sejeong say.

 

Nayoung's eyes suddenly grows wide. She pauses the movie and looks at the door. Sejeong was talking to the braided girl from earlier! The one that she thought was a girl scout trying to sell her cookies. Hmm. Figures.

 

Hmm. She doesn't look like a high schooler to me.

 

"Nayoung, come here!", Sejeong calls for her.

 

Nayoung clearly doesn't want to go there. But her feet seems to have a mind of their own. She can feel herself slowly approaching the door. Somi looks at her. Nayoung looks back. Somi narrows her eyes. Nayoung narrows her eyes as well. Somi raises one of her eyebrows. Nayoung does the same. And Sejeong just stands there, feeling the tension slightly building up. Sejeong looks at Somi then at Nayoung who seem to be having a staring contest. Sejeong clears but the two continues to stare each other down.

 

"Nayoung.", Sejeong slowly starts off. 'This is Somi. The one that I told you about.", Sejeong introduces as she motions to Somi. "Somi, this is Nayoung. A good friend of mine.", Sejeong says as she lightly elbows Nayoung to hopefully stop her from staring or more likely glaring at the younger girl.

 

"Roommate.", Nayoung suddenly speaks up. A look of confusion changes the intense look on Somi's eyes. Sejeong looks at her, confused as well.

 

"I'm Sejeong's roommate.", Nayoung deadpans.

 

"Oh right. She doesn't like it when I call her "friend".", Sejeong points out.

 

Nayoung hums, looking uninterested. "She kinda has trust issues.", Sejeong whispers to Somi but Nayoung hears her perfectly well. Nayoung just shrugs it off.

 

"So, this is the kid you keep on blabbering about?", Nayoung says, completely unfazed, looking at Sejeong. Sejeong nods enthusiastically. "Hm. And I thought you were into high schoolers and now you're into girl scouts? Really Sejeong. I bet the authorities will soon be knocking at our door, looking for you."

 

Sejeong elbows Nayoung's side. Nayoung looks innocently at Sejeong. Somi suddenly speaks up.

 

"And you must be that stone ajumma that Sejeong-unnie mentioned before.", Somi grins. Nayoung can't help but think that the younger girl just flashed her a smug grin. She really wants to bash that pretty face of hers soon. Nayoung flashes her a really fake smile. She really want to let the girl know that she's so not into her. Now Nayoung starts to wonder why Sejeong liked the girl in the first place.

 

Nayoung looks at Sejeong and tries to communicate with her using her eyes. They've been doing that for quite a while now and she just really wants to let her roommate know that she's getting pissed off by the way that Somi was acting. Hopefully, the younger girl gets the message.

 

Sejeong, I swear to God and to Buddha that I will punch this girl square on the face.

 

Calm down, Nayoung. Why do you even want to do that?

 

Her mere existence is the reason why. You better do something about this or else I'm going to walk out.

 

Sejeong seems to get the message and turns to look at Somi's brown orbs. "Ey, Som. Where's your friend? I thought you were going to bring someone with you." Nayoung almost facepalms but of course she had to remain expressionless and act like she doesn't care.

 

That's not what I was talking about Sejeong.

 

"Oh, she said she'll just catch up. I have no idea where she is right now though."

 

"I'm here~~~!!", someone from Somi's back suddenly says.

 

Everyone looks at the newcomer and Nayoung can't help but gawk at the girl who just arrived. The girl has long, raven hair, a fair complexion and Nayoung was absolutely sure that she was foreign as well. She stares at the girl's f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter