Will You. . .

Invisibility 101
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"That's the 5th time I've seen you yawn today, Sejeong. Not getting enough sleep?", Nayoung asks, looking at Sejeong who just stretched her arms as she yawns. The younger girl just simply shakes her head and gets back to her reading. Nayoung just looks at the girl infront of her and decides to just shrug it off.

 

It was days like these that Nayoung enjoys the most. Days where they get to do whatever they want to. They both didn't have classes today but they both decided that instead of wasting it on being unprogressive and by that Nayoung means just lying around all day, goofing off (more on Sejeong's side) and doing something that makes no absolute sense. Nayoung tells Sejeong that since they both didn't have anything relevant to do that day, she suggested that they both study and Nayoung scolds Sejeong for getting low scores on exams. Sejeong tells her that she falls asleep during her exams and Nayoung shakes her head at this. So here they are, books on their table, pencils in hand and Sejeong wearing her glasses. Nayoung has to admit this.

 

She really looks like an ahjussi now.

 

Sejeong yawns again for the nth time. It was loud enough to make Nayoung look up from the book she was reading.

 

"Seriously, Sejeong. You've been yawning a lot lately. Are you tired?", Nayoung asks. "Or are you just being lazy right now and you don't want to study?", Nayoung adds, looking blankly at Sejeong.

 

"I'm fine. Just lack of sleep I guess and stress as well.", Sejeong smiles at her. Nayoung looks at the younger girl but she decides to let it go again. She goes back to her textbook, grabs her highlighter, and she continues to highlight all the important words she needs to learn for her upcoming quiz. Sejeong removes her glasses for a bit, rubs her eyes to hopefully wake her up and puts it back on. She grabs her pen again and continues to take down notes since Nayoung forced her to catch up on her lessons since she was sleeping in class a lot lately and she missed a few notes.

 

After a few minutes, Sejeong huffs frustratedly. Nayoung looks up and smirks at the girl in front of her. Sejeong's elbows are both placed on the table and her head on it. Nayoung closes her book and grabs another one.

 

"Looks like you're not used to studying, your royal laziness.", Nayoung snickers.

 

"It's not that, Nayoung. I'm just really tired.", Sejeong says, stopping a yawn from escaping . Nayoung just stares at her, trying not to laugh.

 

"That's it. I'm going to bed.", Sejeong gathers her stuff and moves to get to her room. "I'll be sleeping for a few hours. Wake me up before dinner.", Sejeong rubs her eyes then gets inside her room. Nayoung hears the door knob click. Nayoung looks at the books in front of her. She sighs for she realizes that she still has mountains of work to do. But she is feeling extra lazy that day so she stands up and starts to clean up the mess on their table.

 

Since she didn't have anything else to do that time, she decides to go to the library to kill some time. She grabs her phone and bag, along with her books and leaves a note just in case Sejeong wakes up saying that she'll just be in the library for a while. When she was all set, she moves out their dorm and quietly makes her way to the library.

 

 

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

 

Nayoung normally spends her free time in the university's library. Aside from Sejeong, Nayoung actually made friends with the campus librarian, Mrs. Chen. But of course, the word "friends" is not in Nayoung's dictionary so she considers her an acquaintance. Nayoung opens the door and a familiar smell welcomes her. The smell of old textbooks and encyclopedias that she thinks that are over a million years old and the familiar silence that she has come to love and has become accustomed to since it brings her a peace of mind and comfort.

 

Nayoung sees Mrs. Chen on her desk, a pen in hand, glasses on and in a straight line. Nayoung makes her way towards her and clears to catch the older woman's attention. Mrs. Chen looks up from her work and when she sees Nayoung, she offers her a warm smile. 

 

"Here to kill some time, Ms. Im?", the older woman asks as she fixes the papers on her table.

 

Nayoung nods, "And hopefully to borrow some books as well."

 

"Ah. Exams week, huh?", the older woman lightly laughs.

 

"Yeah.", Nayoung mutters.

 

"I thought you would never come. Only a few students come and visit the campus library.", Mrs. Chen says sadly.

 

"Oh.", Nayoung says silently. The older woman looks at her again and smiles gently at her.

 

"Well you better start looking for those books since you need to study for your exams."

 

Nayoung nods. "Just tell me if you need anything else.", Mrs. Chen adds.

 

Mrs. Chen then goes back to her work. Nayoung makes her way to the Chemistry section of the library to look for some books that might help her look for the formulas that she needs to study. Her professor at Chemistry is a total jerk for not explaining the magical behind his answers so Nayoung has to adjust and study for it since she's got to pass that upcoming quiz.

 

Nayoung carefully scans the books one by one, hoping to find the right one. As she scans them, she notices through her peripheral vision a girl who was trying to get a book from the upper part of the bookshelf. This scene makes her stop her hunting of her Chemistry book. The girl is obviously struggling and is having a hard time reaching it because of her height. She notices how the girl's face is scrunched up, brows furrowed as she attempts to reach the book while she's on her tiptoes. She hears her sigh frustratedly and now attempts to get the book she needed by jumping.

 

Nayoung contemplates whether she should help or not because the girl was clearly having a hard time reaching the book she needed. After a few more jumps and a few more futile attempts of the girl in getting her beloved book, Nayoung walks toward her which made the girl look at her with slightly wide eyes and this makes her stop from jumping. Nayoung looks at the girl for a few seconds before reaching up and grabbing the book. The girl looks at her and Nayoung gives her the book that she was trying to get. The girl grabs the book from Nayoung and mutters a silent "thank you" before hastily walking away.

 

Nayoung looks at the retreating figure then goes back to her hunt. Before she can do so, she notices a pen on the floor. She picks it up and scans it. It was no ordinary ballpoint pen since the pen looks really expensive and important since it has intricate designs on it. She notices the word "Kang" carved on the delicately designed cover of the pen. She assumes that it was the name of the owner of the pen she is holding.

 

She scans her surroundings to see if the girl's still around. She looks at the pen on her hand again and decides to just return it some other time.

 

I'll just keep this for a while. I'll probably ask Sejeong if she knows anyone by the name of "Kang" in the campus. She practically knows everyone here.

 

Nayoung puts the pen in her pocket and looks for her needed books again. After a few more scannings, she finally found what she was looking for. After gathering them, she proceeds to an empty table, far from the few students who are in the library as well, reading silently and probably studying like they've never studied before. It was a hell week at that time since the professors were giving off exams, here and there. Nayoung's head starts to ache just by thinking of all these things.

 

I really hope I survive this set of exams coming up.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter